Look for the special presentation on November 8 at 8:00 pm EST.
Disney+ will launch a few days later on November 12 with the 10-episode series available to subscribers. The series has already been renewed for a second season.
The new, scripted series introduces 10 main characters: Nini, Ricky, Gina, E.J., Ashlyn, Kourtney, Carlos, Big Red, Miss Jenn, and Mr. Mazzara – a group of drama students and faculty members at East High. East High is the Utah high school where the original High School Musical movie was filmed.
We’ll get to watch as the characters count down from auditions to opening night of their school’s first-ever production of High School Musical: The Musical.
The series was created and is executive produced by Golden Globe and Academy Award nominee Tim Federle (Ferdinand) who also wrote the first episode. The first episode was directed by Tamra Davis. Oliver Goldstick, Tamra Davis and Emmy Award-winning High School Musical executive producers Bill Borden and Barry Rosenbush also serve as executive producers of the first episode.
Filmed in Salt Lake City, Utah, the high school serves as both the setting and film location for the original movie and the new series.
Are you a High School Musical fan? Will you be tuning in to see this special presentation? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney+ Streaming Service? We can help!
- Cute Overload! New Disney+ Original Series “Pick of the Litter” Starts Streaming Soon!
- What the AllEars Team Watched First on Disney’s New Streaming Service Disney+
- Disney’s New Streaming Service Disney+ has Arrived! Find Out What to Watch When Here
- How Many People are REALLY Signing Up for Disney+?
- Cast Members Can Now Choose Disney+ Bundle Over Main Entrance Pass Beginning in 2020
- “Avengers: Endgame” Release Date on Disney+ Streaming Service Moved Up
- Disney+ High School Musical: The Musical: The Series to Air First Episode on ABC, Disney Channel, and Freeform
- New Original Series From The Jim Henson Company Coming to Disney+