Look for the special presentation on November 8 at 8:00 pm EST.
Disney+ will launch a few days later on November 12 with the 10-episode series available to subscribers. The series has already been renewed for a second season.
The new, scripted series introduces 10 main characters: Nini, Ricky, Gina, E.J., Ashlyn, Kourtney, Carlos, Big Red, Miss Jenn, and Mr. Mazzara – a group of drama students and faculty members at East High. East High is the Utah high school where the original High School Musical movie was filmed.
We’ll get to watch as the characters count down from auditions to opening night of their school’s first-ever production of High School Musical: The Musical.
The series was created and is executive produced by Golden Globe and Academy Award nominee Tim Federle (Ferdinand) who also wrote the first episode. The first episode was directed by Tamra Davis. Oliver Goldstick, Tamra Davis and Emmy Award-winning High School Musical executive producers Bill Borden and Barry Rosenbush also serve as executive producers of the first episode.
Filmed in Salt Lake City, Utah, the high school serves as both the setting and film location for the original movie and the new series.
Are you a High School Musical fan? Will you be tuning in to see this special presentation? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney+ Streaming Service? We can help!
- NEWS! Disney Streaming Services Will Be Giving Fans an Inside Look at the National Hockey League’s Games!
- New Documentary Depicting Legendary Disney Lyricist Howard Ashman Coming Soon to Disney+!
- A New Star Wars Animated Series is Coming to Disney+!
- How Bob Iger Forever Changed Disney’s Place in the Entertainment Industry
- You Can Watch This New ‘Simpsons’ Short FREE For a Limited Time!
- Disney/Pixar’s ‘Onward’ Is Coming Early to Digital Release and Disney+!
- Everything Coming to Disney+ This April!
- ‘A Celebration of the Music from Coco’ is Coming to Disney+!