- Guide Map
- Attraction Seating Photo Gallery
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and Greet FAQ
- Extra Magic Hour
- Operating Hours
- Overlooked Attractions
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
- WDW At Large
AT A GLANCE...
- Ariel's Grotto
- Barnstormer with the Great Goofini
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Gaston's Tavern
- Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Princess Fairytale Hall
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Cinderella Castle
- "it's a small world"
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Merida at Fairytale Garden
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Harmony Barber Shop
- Harmony Barber Shop Photo Gallery
- Meet Magician Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Jungle Cruise
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pirates League
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit
- A Pirate's Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas
- Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial
- Celebrate the Magic
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Frontierland Hoedown
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire - Debuts 6/17/16!
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!
- Opening Show
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Favorite Viewing Locations for the Fireworks!
- Carousel of Progress Photo Gallery
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 1
- Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom 2
- Fantasyland Old and New
- Hats of the Magic Kingdom Photo Tour
- Haunted Mansion Attic
- Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland
- Main Street USA: Then and Now
- Parade Grand Marshals
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Where Does the Music Come From
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD THEME PARKS
OTHER DISNEY THEME PARKS
Pooh's Playful Spot
Magic Kingdom Archives
NOTE: Pooh's Playful Spot CLOSED April 2010 to make way for the Fantasyland expansion coming in 2011 and beyond.
A new play area for children opened September 1, 2005, on the site of
the former 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Lagoon, across from the Many
Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction in Fantasyland. The centerpiece
of the area is a tree. From the back and one side, it looks like a little
house, and there is a room inside with a couple of chairs and a table.
As you stand at the entrance to Pooh's Playful Spot and look toward the
tree (basically looking north, with your back to the Winnie the Pooh ride)
there are some slides and hollow logs to crawl through. To the left of
the tree is a spilled honey pot. Kids can crawl through the honey pot.
The "honey" isn't really anything except decoration. Behind
the spilled honey are two fountains where kids can play in the water.
A small bridge separates the two fountains. The entire area has that very
soft, sort of spongy surface so kids can fall down without getting hurt.
ALL EARS® Researcher Kenny also visited the playground and noted: There is a tribute to 20,000 Leagues under the Sea -- a blue submarine is located someplace in the play area. But when I was told about it the play area was closed because of lightning.
Click on photo to see it enlarged!