Reviews of La Cantina de San Angel

View Menus at La Cantina de San Angel Dining Location

Read more about La Cantina de San Angel including a link to the menu here:

Outdoor counter service for Mexico.

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

I have to eat here every time, I love their black beans and have them add extra mexican cheese. So good.

Pros:

black beans

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Good food with a nice view of the lagoon.

Pros:

Good food, nice view of the lagoon.

Cons:

Outdoors if weather is bad, usually very busy, people will camp out of Illuminations.

Reviewer: magicalcouple Review Date: 09/27/2018

Love this place! My favorite thing is being able to sit by the water with a margarita and some nachos while still being able to serve chicken fingers to my picky son!

Pros:

Various salsas,nachos, margaritas, water front dining

Cons:

Birds

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

Great quick mexican food

Pros:

Fast and delicious great view seating

Cons:

Hard to get seats

Reviewer: Hayls Review Date: 09/26/2018

if you want quick, Mexican food. This is your go to.

Pros:

good Mexican food!

Cons:

only option is to sit outside, birds just walking across the tables.

Reviewer: JessicaBonnell Review Date: 09/26/2018

We dined here on our last trip, and it was excellent. I had the empanadas. They were so good! My husband had the fish tacos and loved them. We were able to get a table near the water and it was a nice relaxing meal, and was affordable. It was evening and the only people allowed in the seating area were patrons, which was nice, because we probably wouldn\\'t have found seating otherwise.

Pros:

food quality value

Reviewer: mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

Being from California, we have high standards when it comes to Mexican food. My husband had the chicken tacos and i had the barbacoa tacos. The beans were really good and everything tasted fresh. We got a table that over looked the water on a nice day. Overall, it was a nice QS meal for being what it was

Pros:

Nice waterfront views

Cons:

Mexican food is better where we come from

Reviewer: jlk407 Review Date: 07/22/2017

I have eaten here many times over the years, was very sad a couple of years ago the side dish included with the cheese empanadas is now some mexican slaw instead of the chips that were so good it used to come with...

Pros:

Always been a favorite

Cons:

Changes

Reviewer: maddox4 Review Date: 04/19/2017

This is one of our favorite quick services although it is almost always crowded and with the outside ordering weather can be an issue. I also had difficulty understanding the cashiers but other than that the beef tacos and cheese empanadas were very good. Not a big fan of the "slaw/salad" but still enough food. The best deal if you like guac as much as I do is the large portion for only $4.

Pros:

decent quick service food

Cons:

usually very crowded and hard to get thru line

Reviewer: jenvest Review Date: 04/06/2017

The food here is a step up from your typical fast food establishments. It's pricey, but everything is at Disney. The kids had the nachos and they were spicy. Two of my kids even asked to not have the jalapenos and still said it was spicy, but they enjoyed them. I don't think they would say they were the best nachos they have ever had, but it was enough to fill them and they were satisfied.

My husband had the fish tacos and I really liked them. I had Tacos de Barbacoa. I liked both of them, but I liked his tacos better and he liked mine better so we swapped. Tortillas were the best part. Very tasty. Plenty to eat with what we ordered.

Pros:

Step up from fast food Mexican

Cons:

Pricey