Reviews of Olivia’s Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Olivia's Cafe

Olivia's Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by MeganC Review Date: 05/21/2021

Good food, good service, this is a great, kind of hidden, gem. Had the Conch fritters and the Havana beef sandwich, should have asked for half of it packed up to-go but my eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach. The only thing that was a little off for me was the sandwich was a little dry and was more bready than I expected. Some sort of au jus would’ve made it perfect in my opinion. The conch fritters tasted like more moist and delicious hush puppies and the key lime mustard served with them was my favorite sauce of the day. It is at a resort that I’d say is a bit out of the way but if I get the chance on a future trip, I’d definitely try to eat here again.

Pros:

Great food Great service Not crowded and pretty chill atmosphere

Cons:

Might be hard to get to if you don’t have a car and aren’t staying at OKW Sandwich was a little dry

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/11/2021

Conch fritters

Pros:

Cooked just right with the right type of sauce on the side so full after the appetizer I could not eat dinner awesome choice

Cons:

I was so full I could eat dinner after the concert Fritcher appetizers

Reviewed by Kate18902 Review Date: 04/07/2021

We chose to eat dinner here on a whim and it was delicious. We had 4 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was also great, our server was friendly and prompt. Would highly recommend if you are staying at Old Key West.

Pros:

good food, good service, easy to get a reservation

Cons:

n/a

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/14/2021

My favorite restaurant!! Such a homey feel. The food is amazing and no Disney trip is complete without eating here at least once!

Pros:

Delicious food and cocktails

Cons:

Limited number of booths

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/28/2020

Very friendly staff in a frequently underrated cafe. The menu is interesting enough to make you consider other things, but if you're like our family you will probably end up with the prime rib anyway. You won't be disappointed. Other items we've ordered in recent trips were good as well - we sometimes drop in for a quick lunch before heading out to a park and the club sandwiches are really good for that. It's never really crowded, and drop-ins are generally welcomed warmly.

Pros:

Decent menu. Consistently good food. Very hospitable service. Convenient for resort guests - near the main pool and the lobby/shop.

Cons:

Nothing especially exotic or "de hauteur" on the menu. This isn't signature dining.

Reviewed by Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

I'm a big fan of Disney's Old Key West resort. I was over there for the Conch Tour and decided to stay and have lunch at their full service restaurant, Olivia's. Everything in Disney has a backstory, so I researched Olivia's Cafe and thought the story was interesting: Olivia Farnsworth lived in a small cottage along Turtle Krawl, upwind of the strip. Almost daily, she would invite curious passersby who smelled her cooking to come on in and pull up a chair. People loved her vibrant flavors and earthy personality, and, before long, she found herself setting more tables. Eventually, Olivia opened the doors to her eponymous cafe, which has been a haven for locals and a must-visit for out-of-towners ever since.

The restaurant decor is very appealing - light and airy, just like I would expect in Key West. It was chilly the day I was there so I opted to sit inside, but they do have a very nice patio as well.

There was no wait to be seated and my server came to the table right away. After taking my drink order she left me to peruse menu which had a wide variety options, but a bit pricier than I expected. I decided on the Southernmost Buttermilk Chicken ($19) which comes with Mashed Potatoes, Southern Gravy and Seasonal Vegetable and boy, was it was delicious!! The portion size was just right - I was full without being overstuffed.

If you are planning to eat at a full service restaurant on property, I would recommend Olivia's Cafe.

Pros:

Good food with both indoor and outdoor seating

Cons:

None that I can think of 🙂

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

very nice place, in a pretty resort, not loud and crazy like some places in Disney are. Nice spot for a quiet lunch or dinner. great pictures of families in Disney World all over the walls, but no, they are not accepting anymore.

Pros:

Had a great server, Joe from NY. He was great.If you want a sandwich, have the shrimp po boy, it's wonderful!! The housemade chips that you can get with it are the best. For dinner, have the prime rib, it's delicious!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

was good if you like the kind of food offered.I was not impressed with the offerings

Pros:

good service

Cons:

did not like the offerings but that is just me..

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

My niece and I had dinner here on November 6.
She had Tortuga stew and was very pleased with her choice:lots of seafood. I had the day's special, BBQ ribs, and enjoyed them a lot:meaty and good sauce. Drinks were good, food was good, service was good. It's a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Pros:

always a pleasant meal

Reviewed by resjudacat Review Date: 11/10/2017

Olivia's was one of my favorite Disney eateries, what happened? A friend of mine and I went there for lunch yesterday. Our appetizers, conch fritters and crab cake were good, although the dips they give you for the conch fritters amounted to about a teaspoon of each! Asked more, but our server ignored our request. My friend had the Scallops, which used to be good..they changed how they prepare and serve this, and it looks like slop! She got about 6 scallops about the size of a quarter, buried in a pile of polenta, with some other things. The polenta was inedible because it was loaded with salt. I ordered the Duval Street Burger. This used to be MY favorite! It was bone dry, after I ordered it medium, the roll, was not fresh as it was awfully dry. Not even edible. This used to be an 8 oz. burger on a beautiful FRESH roll! They cut the size down, but are still charging a high price for a hamburger. This seems to be a trend in Disney restaurants. They are serving smaller portions, but still charging the same, or in many cases MORE! IF you want a great burger go to Deluxe Burger in Disney Springs. But Olivia' is no longer worth your money or time.

Pros:

our two appetizers conch fritters & crab cake

Cons:

Everything else!

Other topics in Old Key West