Reviews of MagicBand

Worn on the wrist, an all-in-one device that connects all the choices you made online. Use it to buy food, enter your Disney hotel room, purchase merchandise and allows you to access FastPass+, connects you to PhotoPass and more.

The program is being rolled out over time.

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 06/29/2015

I absolutely love the MagicBands! I have used them 3 times now, the last being in June at POFQ. It's so nice to have all your reservations linked to this bracelet, as well as it being the key to your resort room. I never had to worry about carrying cash, or fumbling in my purse for the room key at the end of a busy day.

The only issue we had was when checking into POR, the bands were trying to link a past trip, so they all had to be reprogrammed. This took about a half hour and many apologies from the cast members assisting us. Because of our inconvenience, we (my party of 4) were all given 2 extra fast passes per person to use as we liked at MK.

I hope this is something Disney keeps for a very long time.

Pros:

Convenient

Reviewed by dreams Review Date: 05/19/2015

It's probably my age but I found the band uncomfortable to wear. I wear a wristwatch on my left arm which is the arm I needed to wear the magic band to have it work on the hotel door and to get into the parks, being right-handed. It fell off my husband's wrist as we were getting off the safari but thankfully a woman behind us noticed and stopped us. I ended up carrying them like the old cards and taking them out when we needed them. They did not seem to help get people in the parks any faster.

Pros:

convenience

Cons:

uncomfortable

Reviewed by MCMod Review Date: 04/17/2015

Originally posted by LFellows

I have issues with FP+, but I actually liked the Magic Bands. We found them to be very convenient. The kids could come and go from the room without having to track us down to get the key. We never had to carry cash as everything can be charged to the magic band. The Magic Band works very well with the FP+ readers in the parks. You can access your room, entry to parks, and use fastpasses with just a tap of the band. Purchases require a tap of the band and a 4-digit passcode.

Just a couple of issues we encountered;
1) If I had a dollar for every time I looked at the band thinking it was a watch, I could have paid for the trip. Maybe a future upgrade could include a cheap digital watch in the band?

2) We got really used to not carrying money - which became a problem. If you want to get a snack and use it as your snack in your meal plan - no problem. If you want to get something cheaper, like a bottle of water, the default is for that to be charged as a snack - not a good value, and a real pain if the cahier has to back the purchase out and charge it like a credit card on the band! Better to carry a little cash for small purchases where you don't want to use a meal plan snack credit. Same goes for tips - these aren't included in the meal plan.

Not sure what the procedure is if you lose the thing. We saw one on the Autopia track so it must happen all of the time. They get knocked off pretty easy if you are digging around in a bag.

Pros:

handy, convenient, somewhat stylish

Cons:

kept looking at it like it was a watch

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 04/10/2015

I now have a full set of all seven color bands, which is totally unnecessary. They're reusable for up to three years, so I think Disney needs to figure out a way to actually let them be reused and stop sending new ones!

We got the text that our room was ready while on Magical Express, so we could skip the check in desk. That was nice, and our bands worked to open the door right away. We did have to visit the desk later to add a second credit card to my traveling partner's band, separate from mine.

I've used MagicBands on four trips now, so I'm pretty experienced with getting the Mickey head to turn green when paying for things, but one of my bands was particularly finnicky about that. It often took me several tries to line it up juuuust right-and only with that band. Also, depending how you wear it and on which wrist, it can be difficult to open your room door without either just taking it off or pulling a muscle in your wrist!

It is very nice to be able to not have go digging for a Key to the World card, tickets, credit cards, Fastpasses, etc. Now if only they could figure out a way for a) a person's ID to be embedded (for drinking at Epcot, for example) and b) passholders to attach a credit card without staying at a resort.

Pros:

Easy to use, nice to have everything literally at your fingertips

Cons:

Occasionally finnicky bands

Reviewed by mcmouse Review Date: 04/01/2015

We love the magic bands. They are easy, convenient, and worked very well for us the entire trip. We used them to get on the Magical Express, to purchase food and items from the shops, and to get into our resort rooms without having to go through the normal check in at the main desk. We swam in them and never had any problems. Entry into the parks was a snap. This was a great idea.

Pros:

easy

Reviewed by becca3205 Review Date: 03/24/2015

I love the magicband. it was so convenient and easy to use. I only carried a small bag for other items did not have to go into it for any purchases or room key very nice

Pros:

all in one

Reviewed by Elaine Hammond Review Date: 03/19/2015

At first we did not think we were going to like the Magic Bands, but as the kinks are getting worked out we find that they are very convenient indeed. It eliminates the need to carry credit cards and/or a lot of cash.
They worked great with the Fast Pass feature.
They do tend to get rather uncomfortable in the warmer weather and the little "add ons" they have for the bands make it tighter.

Pros:

Very conveinent to use

Cons:

Sometimes doesn't work at first

Reviewed by CinderellaGirl Review Date: 01/26/2015

LOVE the magic bands! You can choose what color you want, and they are delivered to your house in a really cool Incredibles box! It's so convenient having everything in the band, as opposed to having to fiddle around with room key cards, tickets, and fastpasses. Everything is right there on your wrist!

Pros:

Convenience, water proof

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by bmdisney Review Date: 12/18/2014

We had no glitches on hotel doors or park entry or fast passes. I assumed park entry for crowds would be faster with new system. If anything, it was a little slower. The bands work fine...but don't get me started on the new Fast Pass Plus system :).

Pros:

No glitches for us

Cons:

park entry no faster

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/07/2014

When we checked in they asked us to make sure we could access our room with the Magic Bands. They all worked fine. Then we went to the Magic Kingdom and my grandson's would not allow him access to the park. We were told we had to go to Guest Relations, but because it was raining and I did not want to stand out in the rain we went back to the hotel to get in straight. When we got there it took over an hour to finally get it cleared up and then my grandson's "Tragic Band" was the only one that could access the room. Luckily we had Key to the World Cards which would also work to access the room.
Also My son and daughter-in-law could not use their Bands to charge meals or other items.

I wish Disney would not have messed with a system that was pretty good before.

Pros:

Cons:

Don't work all the time
1 2 3 4 5 6 12