Reviews of Individual Attraction Selections — WDW

Reviewed by Keila Review Date: 01/05/2022

I think this is the worst idea that has ever come from Disney. I'm inclined to pay for Genie+ to save time and because it includes multiple attractions. I will never pay for an individual lightning lane. However, I live in Florida and get to go to Disney often. I'll ride everything eventually. I would understand how someone who goes to Disney once every few years may need to pay to experience the rides. I still think its greedy, money hungry, and unfair.

Pros:

No wait

Cons:

Giving disney all your money

Reviewed by kmark2 Review Date: 02/21/2022

While I'm not happy that we have to pay extra for these rides and with a family of 5 it can get pretty steep, it was worth it to use this for most of what's available. We used it for Rise of the Resistance and Mickey's Runaway Railway at DHS. We also used it for Remy's and Frozen Ever After at Epcot. Unfortunately we did use it for Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom too only because it's my boy's favorite ride. I don't think it was worth it for that though. In general, I'm not very happy with the Genie+ system but it was worth it for most of the Individual rides.

Pros:

not having to wait long

Cons:

having to pay extra

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/24/2022

We bought some for Rise if the Resistance pretty much as a treat after a bad night and it was fine
A 5 minute wait instead of the 3 hours that was posted is unbeatable but the almost 50 bucks we spent for one ride for my family of three was a little steep
Also advice of don’t but for Space Mountain or Everest (short wait through the day) or Remy’s (hot take: that rides not worth paying for)

Pros:

No wait

Cons:

Expensive

Reviewed by KylerBarto Review Date: 12/10/2021

I really do not like this system for large families. If a large family of lets say 7 wants to ride seven dwarfs mine train, it could be upwards of around $80 for all of them to ride one ride! I truly believe that if Walt was still alive he would have never allowed this system to be in place as it can give advantages to people who have money to throw away while many families go on a strict budget.

Pros:

can get on certain rides faster

Cons:

Expensive!!!!

Reviewed by cathdittr Review Date: 12/27/2021

Not a fan of the additional cost. For a family, it's not worth it, in my opinion. However, when going with friends or in smaller groups I think it's great!

Pros:

Great for individuals or smaller groups

Cons:

Additional Costs

Reviewed by MFeist Review Date: 12/12/2021

We did a park hopping day starting at Hollywood Studios and ending at Epcot. We easily purchased for Rise at 7am (for 11am), and Remy’s (for 7pm).

Pros:

We didn’t run into any glitches and it went smoothly.

Cons:

It’s annoying to have to pay extra. I miss the old Fast Pass + system. We also found out we didn’t need to purchase Remy because it was included in the extra evening hours for Deluxe/Swan&Dolphin guests. We got to ride it more than once, that way, though.

Reviewed by MainStreetMe Review Date: 12/08/2021

As a solo traveller, I would definitely recommend this, mostly for the rides that are worth it. I didn’t pay for the roller coasters if I could avoid it, but for the rides that are a long experience and nearly always really long lines, I thought it was okay, and used it a few times although there was a big variance in price.

It might be a different story when I travel with my family of four next year!

Pros:

Great for rides that are about the experience - Rise of the Resistance, Flight of Passage… but not just for a rollercoaster. Very short to no wait times. Simple to use. Choice of times.

Cons:

The choice of rides that are “fancy rides.” The cost as soon as it is more than one person. Passes ran out VERY quickly for some rides.

Reviewed by Poohbearfan Review Date: 12/07/2021

We were in Walt Disney World the week after Thanksgiving Nov 28- Dec 4, 2021. We did purchase 3 Individual rides during our stay. We made the decision to purchase as we traveled with my 3 year old granddaughter. We made the decision to limit standing in lines with her over 30 minutes. It was very worth it especially for Rise of the Resistance. It worked seemlessly. We got up at 6:45AM to purchase and schedule our times. We had a 5 minute wait to get into the pre-show. This ride was worth the mo ey for us. We had been unable to get a boarding group on our pre-COVID trip.
Having said all of that, I don't believe that you need to pay for all of the \"fancy rides\". If we weren't traveling our \"little one\", we could have easily rope dropped Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad or 7 Dwarve's Mine Train. Both of those rides were walk on for us. It worked well with our family. My best advice is to know your family and your goals for your park days.

Pros:

Little to no wait time

Cons:

Cost-Disney World costs enough for a family of 6. $90 total for Rise alone for my family.

Reviewed by Rachaelirwin Review Date: 01/01/2022

We used the individual selection at Epcot on Frozen Ever After during the Thanksgiving holiday. The ride went down, and as soon as the ride re-opened the standby wait time was 120 minutes. We were so thankful that we had purchased access to the lightning lane! We had less than a 10 minute wait. It was worth every penny!

Pros:

We avoided a 2 hour wait.

Cons:

Having to pay per ride.

Reviewed by TarraYoder Review Date: 12/23/2021

I like the idea of being able to ride an attraction that is normally a long wait (RoR,Frozen) with little to no wait. We bought the Frozen LL since we didn’t feel the need to purchase Genie+ at Epcot that day. We waited in a 5 minute line which was perfect. We would have bought it for RoR but weren’t able to snag one since we weren’t staying on property . It would have saved us a 2 hour wait! I don’t think it is worth it for every ride but can really save you on others!

Pros:

Short lines for some popular attractions that we may skip otherwise due to wait times.

Cons:

The prices can be pretty high… we paid over $50 to Let it Go 🥶 Also if you aren’t staying on property, sometimes those individual attractions are gone before you are allowed to buy!

Other topics in Disney World Genie