Reviews of Individual Attraction Selections — WDW

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/24/2022

We bought some for Rise if the Resistance pretty much as a treat after a bad night and it was fine
A 5 minute wait instead of the 3 hours that was posted is unbeatable but the almost 50 bucks we spent for one ride for my family of three was a little steep
Also advice of don’t but for Space Mountain or Everest (short wait through the day) or Remy’s (hot take: that rides not worth paying for)

Pros:

No wait

Cons:

Expensive

Reviewed by Keila Review Date: 01/05/2022

I think this is the worst idea that has ever come from Disney. I'm inclined to pay for Genie+ to save time and because it includes multiple attractions. I will never pay for an individual lightning lane. However, I live in Florida and get to go to Disney often. I'll ride everything eventually. I would understand how someone who goes to Disney once every few years may need to pay to experience the rides. I still think its greedy, money hungry, and unfair.

Pros:

No wait

Cons:

Giving disney all your money

Reviewed by Rachaelirwin Review Date: 01/01/2022

We used the individual selection at Epcot on Frozen Ever After during the Thanksgiving holiday. The ride went down, and as soon as the ride re-opened the standby wait time was 120 minutes. We were so thankful that we had purchased access to the lightning lane! We had less than a 10 minute wait. It was worth every penny!

Pros:

We avoided a 2 hour wait.

Cons:

Having to pay per ride.

Reviewed by cathdittr Review Date: 12/27/2021

Not a fan of the additional cost. For a family, it's not worth it, in my opinion. However, when going with friends or in smaller groups I think it's great!

Pros:

Great for individuals or smaller groups

Cons:

Additional Costs

Reviewed by tillch2 Review Date: 12/23/2021

was at WDW Dec 7-12 and only did one Individual Lightening Lane- Ratatouille. It was well worth it to walk right onto the ride. The ride is worth it too!

Pros:

walked right on to ride

Cons:

cost 18+tax

Reviewed by TarraYoder Review Date: 12/23/2021

I like the idea of being able to ride an attraction that is normally a long wait (RoR,Frozen) with little to no wait. We bought the Frozen LL since we didn’t feel the need to purchase Genie+ at Epcot that day. We waited in a 5 minute line which was perfect. We would have bought it for RoR but weren’t able to snag one since we weren’t staying on property . It would have saved us a 2 hour wait! I don’t think it is worth it for every ride but can really save you on others!

Pros:

Short lines for some popular attractions that we may skip otherwise due to wait times.

Cons:

The prices can be pretty high… we paid over $50 to Let it Go 🥶 Also if you aren’t staying on property, sometimes those individual attractions are gone before you are allowed to buy!

Reviewed by alakazamber Review Date: 12/21/2021

Overall, if you want to maximize your time and minimize your wallet, I say YES to Individual Attraction costs. We used this service for FOP, it was well worth it, I let my first-timer sister know we were missing parts in the queue and that didn't hinder her decision to bypass the line, posted standby was 75 minutes and with this service we waited 6 minutes. We did not use this service for Remy's as were able to snag a spot in the 7am v-queue both days at EPCOT; if in the end we weren't able to snag the 7am on our first try, I wouldn't have gambled for the 1pm slot and would've bought the LL selection because these sell out quick, also our return time was estimated and updated all day which helped us to be able to go on with plans outside of heading over to our Remy ride. We didn't use this for Everest, either, posted standby was 20 and we waited 18 but I love that queue.

Pros:

Time saver! **Side note: Cast members are always great, I heard many people talking about how generous they can be if you're a tad late to your return windows, etc.

Cons:

The more popular parks/rides fill up quick, we didn't get to pay for our Rise ride but I feel it would 100% be worth it but I also think waiting for the ride was worth it, posted standby was 145 minutes and actual wait time was 100 minutes. In contrast - Runaway Railway was posted 35 and we waited 10 minutes standby. **Slinky Dog Dash we rope dropped but I would pay!

Reviewed by jennyperez12 Review Date: 12/16/2021

Haunted Mansion

Pros:

Absolutely love the HM. I love the imaginering around it. Theming is incredible!

Cons:

Wait time can be a little long but it goes by pretty fast

Reviewed by disneydreamswithme Review Date: 12/16/2021

I am giving this a 9/10 due to rides such as Expedition Everest and Space Mountain. I don't feel either of these really warrant the added cost. I will say in our experience it did stream line things for us! We loved using this option for Rise and FOP, added so much time back into our day we would have spent waiting in line for these attractions or missing altogether!

Pros:

Great way to experience high demand rides without wasting 2+ hours per day in the parks.

Cons:

Expensive for large parties

Reviewed by DisneyDogMom Review Date: 12/16/2021

I used this system for my trip on 12/7 -12/9. I did not secure a virtual pass for Remy our first day in Epcot so I purchased this and we were able to walk right up to the loading area, no waiting at all. It was great, because the next day we rode with a virtual pass and still waited in line for 45 minutes to ride. We purchased this for Seven Dwarfs Mine train in MK and it was totally worth the price of $9/ person as the wait time never got below 60 minutes the entire day, but I bought this at 10:30 am and immediately after that there were mo more for purchase that day, so be aware that is a selection you need to make early in your day. Remy wasn't until after I missed the 2nd virtual group so it was after 1pm. Keep that in mind, I was there during non peak so these passes could go much faster during peak times.

Pros:

No waiting

Cons:

Have to make selection early Surge pricing, went up $1/person between Wednesday to Thursday.

Other topics in Disney World Genie