If you’re a BIG Disney fan, there are some events that you definitely don’t want to miss throughout the year!
Things like grand openings of rides and lands in the parks are a given, but there are also special fan events that Disney hosts from time to time. Last year, the D23 Expo was the event that many Disney fans wanted to attend…but this year the big ticket event will likely be Destination D23!
Destination D23 will be held at Walt Disney World Resort on September 8th-10th, 2023. This year, they’re celebrating 100 years of Disney!
The event is hosted by Disney’s official fan club (D23) and ticket details have been released if you’re planning to attend. Tickets will go on sale on March 14th at 10AM PT/1PM ET. Here are the prices:
- General tickets are $329 each plus a $7 processing fee
- Preferred tickets are $549 each plus a $7 processing fee
In 2021, tickets sold out in just MINUTES for the Destination D23 event, so you’ll want to act quickly to get these once they become available.
The event will be hosted at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and will feature various panels, performances, and exclusive shopping experiences. Your ticket purchase includes the following:
- Guaranteed seats at all Destination D23 panels and presentations on Saturday, September 9, and Sunday, September 10, 2023
- D23 member-exclusive Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop
- D23 member-exclusive The Walt Disney Company Store pop-up shop
- D23 member-exclusive Ink & Paint Marketplace
- A special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives
- Commemorative gifts, including a pin, lanyard, credential, and gift bag created exclusively for the event
If you would like to purchase the preferred ticket, you should know that there are a limited number available. These tickets offer closer seating during the panels at the front of the auditorium.
In order to get a ticket, you must be a D23 Gold Member. Gold Members can reserve a ticket for themselves and up to one ticket for a guest. Each ticket must have a unique individual name assigned to it, and you’ll be required to log into your account at the time of purchase.
Throughout the weekend, there will be a variety of presentations that include:
- Disney archivists, historians, Imagineers, Cast Members, Disney Legends, and luminaries in two days of programming worthy of the first century of Disney — and beyond!
- A “fun and entertaining presentation” from Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro about what makes a Disney experience so magical and memorable for guests and fans around the world.
- A presentation about Walt and Roy Disney’s Journey to California, and the earliest days of The Walt Disney Company.
- A Destination D23 fan-favorite presentation about “Weird Disney” moments with the Walt Disney Archives.
- Journeying through Disney’s history of optimism and innovation with the people that are part of a rich history of storytellers and inventors, “beginning with Walt Disney’s relentless optimism and innovative spirit, and leading us to some of the bright minds who are shaping Disney’s boundless future.”
- Another presentation by the Walt Disney Archives where visitors can learn “Disney you didn’t know” — uncovering some of the most astonishing Disney discoveries, connections, and little-known facts.
Disney plans to announce more presentations and presenters soon, but they’ve also revealed some additional experiences that will be available. That list includes:
- A special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives and Walt Disney Imagineering celebrating 100 years of Disney.
- Mickey’s of Glendale — the Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise available for purchase.
- The Walt Disney Company Store — for the first time, D23 Gold Members on the East Coast will have access to a pop-up version of the official Walt Disney Company Store, featuring both employee and D23 member-exclusive merchandise!
- Ink & Paint Marketplace — attendees will also have the opportunity to shop at this marketplace of exclusive Disney partners for exciting products from around The Walt Disney Company!
We’ll keep you updated with more details about this event, and all the news that comes from it this fall! Stay tuned to AllEars.
Will you be going to the Destination D23 event this year? Tell us in the comments!