Reviews of Skull Island: Reign of Kong

Reviewed by KBNC Review Date: 10/23/2021

This may not be a fair review because our family is not really into scary things. This ride was too much for my 10-year old, starting with the queue. It was a bit too scary and loud. The actual ride is similar in style to Fast & Furious, like riding a bus. There was a lot of action to follow, which made me dizzy. So, if you're up for action that can be a bit frightening, this is for you!

Pros:

High capacity ride vehicle to move the line

Cons:

Scary & loud Can cause dizziness

Reviewed by itsagreatbigbeautifultomorrow Review Date: 10/14/2021

This is a great screen ride! And Kong at the end is incredible!

Pros:

Kong at the end of the ride

Reviewed by magicwmads Review Date: 09/30/2021

I think this is a neat ride, but it reminds me a lot of fast and furious. I think that the screens are really impressive, and the outside of the temple is neat. But it can be scary for young ones. Heck even I was a little frightened as a adult. The animatronic at the end is really impressive. Before covid, there used to be someone that would scare you in the queue and that was enough to make my blood pressure spike.

Pros:

Impressive screening and animatronic

Cons:

The queue is CREEPY, not for kids, can make you sick

Reviewed by anagram Review Date: 09/27/2021

This attraction was fine, but definitely does not top my list of favorites. I liked that it was interesting enough to keep our attention, but not too scary that my 7 year old couldn't ride. I would not wait more than 20-30 minutes for this ride at the most.

Pros:

Good theming. As someone who knows nothing about Kong, it was fun for me to try to figure out if Kong was a good guy or bad guy.

Cons:

Not the most thrilling ride at the park.

Reviewed by ImWhyTheRumIsGone Review Date: 08/05/2021

Loud. Scary. Loud.
The queue is nightmare fuel.

Pros:

Surprise-dinosaur!

Cons:

dark and scary long line terrifying queue

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 08/03/2021

Here's the thing with this ride: it's fine. However, most of it is sitting in a bus watching screens. I like the 360 screen effect that is created, and the outside of the attraction is cool (especially when you're on the bus and drive into the mountain). The Kong animatronic at the end is probably my favorite part. I definitely wouldn't wait longer than 20-30 minutes for this, and it's not really something I'm dying to ride again.

Pros:

Animatronic at the end

Cons:

Too many screens and not worth a long wait

Reviewed by KSteele Review Date: 07/14/2021

Scary!

Pros:

You get scared, which is the point. I made my 10 year son hold my hand, so I wouldn't get too scared.

Cons:

Can you see if you are in the middle of the bus?

Reviewed by KayleyB17 Review Date: 07/12/2021

This ride is pretty cool but definitely not worth waiting over 20 minutes for.

Pros:

Cool ride

Cons:

Long lines that aren’t worth it

Reviewed by TalkAboutStank Review Date: 04/22/2021

This is one of my family's favorite rides. Some people complain about the screens, but they work so well to me. I actually feel like I'm being swayed side to side by Kong in that one scene. Such a thrilling attraction and great theming in the queue.

Pros:

Great theming. Very thrilling.

Cons:

Spooky. Some people don't like screens.

Reviewed by apengmar Review Date: 04/11/2021

Brings King Kong to life.

Pros:

Great visuals and motion.

Cons:

Not long.