Reviews of Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

Reviewed by donbout Review Date: 04/06/2021

We love Harry Potter and this ride did not let us down. Full of Harry Potter characters and experiences!

Pros:

Fun and full of Harry Potter characters!

Cons:

Line can be long at times.

Reviewed by Alyoop Review Date: 04/04/2021

This ended up being my favorite Harry Potter attraction/ride (we were there before Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure opened). I loved the bank and the themeing through the whole queue. The elevator ride and the ceilings in the cave. The ride to me was unexpectedly great because it's a mix of thrill ride coaster 4d screen and unexpected effects like water and heat. We rode it probably 4 times.

Pros:

Themeing and variation of ride interaction.

Cons:

None it's amazing

Reviewed by KatelynnW Review Date: 03/08/2021

I like Harry Potter, and was excited to experience this ride. The trouble started once we got to the seats. Why is Universal so bad at creating ride vehicles the accommodate people of all sizes? I had a hard time fitting in the seats, which was very disappointing. We had just done all the Disney parks and had no issues, but as soon as we got here, I had difficulty on THREE different rides. They were able to get the seat to close, but it was very uncomfortable and I nearly cried. Yeah, if you're a Harry Potter fan, you should ride. But not fitting in a ride vehicle will break you emotionally.

Pros:

Harry Potter themed attraction

Cons:

Seats are too small Ride wasn't that great

Reviewed by ShelleyHenrietta Review Date: 02/04/2021

My favourite out of the Harry Potter rides (bear in mind I haven’t ridden the new Hagrids Motorbike Adventure yet due to living in England). I love this ride, ESPECIALLY when you’re placed at the back. The g-force in the drop with Bellatrix is crazy good!

Pros:

Incredibly immersive and the theming is fantastic.

Cons:

I have nothing.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/24/2021

This ride could’ve been better. I found it quite lackluster , compared to the other awesome rides in the Wizarding world. The first drop was pretty cool, but then it’s blah from there. I would recommend going through the queue line if you are an HP fan. It’s better than the ride.

Pros:

Amazing queue line.

Cons:

Boring, not innovative, no strong plot line.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/29/2020

Gringots is not for everyone lines are long

Pros:

Cool line

Cons:

Long lines

Reviewed by Jessica-White Review Date: 11/30/2020

A Potterheads dream! Very immersive. Never got motion sick. Great for families.

Pros:

Everything!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/30/2020

As a huge Potter head, I loved this! You truly get emersed into the wizarding world. I never got motion sick. A great ride for potter families.

Pros:

Emersive

Reviewed by Froggylady1962 Review Date: 09/30/2020

Love it, but watch the motion sickness

Pros:

When you pay attention to where they point you it is an amazing ride.

Cons:

I was so enthralled with the mechanisms used to give you the flying feeling that I got soooooo motion sick. I don't ever get sick until I was at the end seat and watched the mechanisms not what they wanted you to see. My daughters begged to go on again, I fought through the sick feeling(luckily one hour wait) and truly enjoyed it when I rode the second time.

Reviewed by StephanieSchatz Review Date: 09/30/2020

The queue for the ride is so realistic! The ride itself is great. The drop at the beginning of the ride builds suspense, but the drop itself is short and goes quickly. The ride is the perfect combination of thrills and imagery. It's one of my favorites!

Pros:

Imagery both before and during the ride. Smooth coaster with many accelerations.

Cons:

If you are overweight and/or tall, you may be asked to ride in the last row of the coaster to provide more leg room and allow the lap bar to lower to the appropriate setting.

Other topics in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley Rides and Attractions