- Guide Map
- Attraction Seating
- Basic Services
- Calendar of Events
- Character Meet and
- Extra Magic Hour
- Operating Hours
- Overlooked Attractions
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Smoking Policy
- Special Needs Travelers
- Ticket FAQ
STREETS OF AMERICA
- Backlot Tour
- Honey I Shrunk
the Kids Movie
- Lights, Motors, Action!
Extreme Stunt Show
- Monsters Inc.
Meet & Greet
- MuppetVision 3D
- Phineas & Ferb
Meet and Play Experience
- Pizza Planet Arcade
OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD
OTHER DISNEY THEME
Star Wars Weekends
Disney's Hollywood Studios
2014 Star Wars Weekends will be held every weekend
(Friday, Saturday and Sunday) from May 16-June 15, 2014.
Weekend I: May 16 - 18, 2014
Weekend II: May 23 - 25, 2014
Weekend III: May 30 - June 1, 2014
Weekend IV: June 6 - 8, 2014
Weekend V: June 13 – 15, 2014
James Arnold Taylor will return to Star Wars Weekends 2014 as the event's official celebrity host. Taylor, a Star Wars Weekends fan favorite, is the voice of hundreds of animated characters, including Obi-Wan Kenobi on "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
The theme for this year's event is "Join the Rebellion."
Meet and Greets
of the Force
-- Celebrity Motorcade
STAR WARS WEEKENDS -- Since 1997, Walt Disney World has sponsored a series of special Star Wars Weekends in the Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. Activities normally include celebrity appearances, as well as trivia contests and prize give-aways, Star Tours "ride-a-thons," and a Star Wars Cantina street party, complete with a live disc jockey.
During Star Wars Weekends, celebrities from all the Star Wars films are on hand for motorcades and star conversations, as well as autograph sessions. Actors featured over the years include Jake Lloyd (young Anakin Skywalker), David Prowse (Darth Vader), Kenny Baker (R2D2), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), and Anthony Daniels (C3PO) among others. Lots of costumed characters, from Luke Skywalker and Queen Amidala to Ewoks and Jawas, can also be found milling about the park, with plenty of opportunities for Star Wars fans to meet and greet them.
2013 STAR WARS WEEKENDS
James Arnold Taylor, who provides the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi for the animated series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, will serve as the Official Celebrity Host of Star Wars Weekends 2013, when the event returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios this May. Ashley Eckstein, the voice of The Clone Wars' Ahsoka Tano, will act as Celebrity Host of "Behind the Force," a show that gives fans a behind-the-scenes glimpse at Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Both Taylor and Eckstein have served in similar roles for previous Star Wars Weekends. Other celebrity appearances:
Weekend I (May 17-19)
Ray Park (Darth Maul - Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett - Episode V The Empire Strikes
Back and Episode VI Return of the Jedi)
Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Captain Rex - Star Wars:
The Clone Wars)
Weekend II (May 24-26)
Ray Park (Darth Maul - Episode I The Phantom Menace)
Warwick Davis (Wicket the Ewok - Episode VI Return
of the Jedi)
Jim Cummings (voice of Hondo Ohnaka - Star Wars: The
Weekend III (May 31 - June 2)
Warwick Davis (Wicket the Ewok - Episode VI Return
of the Jedi)
Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar - Episode VI Return of the
Sam Witwer (voice of Darth Maul - Star Wars: The Clone
Weekend IV (June 7 - 9)
Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian - Episode V The
Empire Strikes Back; Episode VI Return of the Jedi)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca - Episode IV A New Hope; Episode
V The Empire Strikes Back; Episode VI Return of the
Jedi; Episode III Revenge of the Sith)
Tom Kane (voice of Yoda - Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
NEW FOR 2013!
- A photo opportunity with a "life-size" rancor. The giant beast, which was Jabba the Hutt's prized pet in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, will be on display during the event. The handcrafted replica is 17 feet long and weighs more than 700 pounds. The reptomammal sculpture is well-traveled — it's a popular piece at Star Wars events around the globe and will make its way to our park for Star Wars Weekends.
- A trio of specialty "one-man shows" will be presented this year, giving guests a peek into the on- and off-screen worlds of three Star Wars celebrities: James Arnold Taylor, Ray Park and Warwick Davis.
- "Obi-Wan & Beyond" (each event day) stars James Arnold Taylor. James takes audiences on a journey into his wonderful world of voice acting. "Visit to the Maul" (Weekends I and II) features Ray Park. Guests can see a demonstration of amazing martial arts skills by the actor who portrayed Darth Maul on the silver screen.
- "An Ewok's Tale - My Short Story" (Weekends II and III) stars Warwick Davis. Guests get a unique look into the fascinating world of this Star Wars legend.
Training Academy (Star Tours Stage):
Each young Padawan
who is chosen will learn a lightsaber combination
as they prepare to face the dark side. Check Times
Guide for show times, but show times for May 17-19 are
8:45am; 9:20am; 10:05am; 10:35am; 12:00pm; 12:30pm; 1:00pm; 1:30pm; 2:00pm; 2:30pm; 3:00pm; 3:30pm; 4:00pm; 4:30pm; 5:00pm; 5:30pm; 6:30pm; 7:00pm; 7:30pm
- Legends of the Force Motorcade and Celebrity Welcome: Marvel at a grand motorcade featuring a galaxy of your favorite Star Wars characters and five Star Wars celebrities. The motorcade begins at the front of the park and travels to the Star Wars Weekends Event Stage, concluding with a grand celebrity welcome. Motorcade begins near Main Entrance 11 a.m. Celebrity Welcome at Star Wars Weekends Event Stage 11:15 a.m.
- Hyperspace Hoopla: This high-energy, one-of-a-kind show is a chance to see some of the famed Star Wars characters performing like never before. It will take place on a stage in front of the Sorcerer Mickey hat on Hollywood Blvd., and is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. each event evening.
- Autograph Opportunities: As always, there is no additional charge for the celebrity autograph sessions at Star Wars Weekends. The autograph lines will once again be handled via a FASTPASS-type system. An extremely limited number of FASTPASS tickets are distributed on a first-come, first served basis at Disney’s Hollywood Studios main entrance, to the right of the turnstiles. Distribution may begin prior to Park opening based on demand. You must have a FASTPASS ticket to receive an autograph. To receive a FASTPASS ticket:
- Join the line of the celebrity you would most like to meet. You may not save a place in line for other party members.
- While in line, you will receive a wristband. Your Theme Park admission media and wristband allow you to receive one FASTPASS ticket. Only one autograph FASTPASS ticket per Guest. Each Guest must be present to receive a FASTPASS ticket. You may not get FASTPASS tickets for other members of your party.
- After receiving your ticket, continue to wear your wristband. You will need to be wearing your wristband to get an autograph. Your FASTPASS ticket will have a designated autograph return time. Until that time, you may enjoy other Star Wars Weekends activities.
- At your designated time, proceed to the Celebrity
Autograph Location at Echo Lake to show your wristband
and present your FASTPASS ticket. Once FASTPASS tickets
for visiting celebrities are distributed, we may distribute
a limited number of stand-by tickets with a return
time. Stand-by tickets do not guarantee you an autograph.
May 17-19 Autograph Sessions
Ashley Eckstein : 4:30 and 5:45 p.m.
James Arnold Taylor: 9:45 a.m.
Dee Bradley Baker: 9:45 a.m., 3, 4:30 p.m.
Jeremy Bulloch: 9:45 a.m., 1:30 and 4:30 p.m.
Ray Park: 1:45 p.m.
- Behind the Force: Star Wars Voices: At the Premier Theater. Listen closely as host Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, along with two very special Clone Wars co-stars reveal the fascinating art of voice acting utilized throughout the Star Wars saga and beyond. . Showtimes: noon & 1:45 p.m.
- Stars of the Saga: At the Premier Theater. Kick back with Star Wars Weekends host James Arnold Taylor as he puts on this entertaining and often surprising 30-minute, Star Wars -themed talk show. Experience the fascinating life and movie-making adventures of two Star Wars celebrities. Showtime: 3:30 p.m.
- Visit to the Maul starring Ray Park: At the Premier Theater. Learn film and martial arts techniques from the actor who brought Darth Maul to life -- the man, the Sith, the legend, Ray Park. In this unique presentation, the martial arts master performs impressive demonstrations as he reveals his journey to action-star fame. Showtime: 5 p.m.
- Obi-Wan and Beyond starring James Arnold Taylor: At the Premier Theater. Feel the force flowing as James Arnold Taylor takes his audience on a fun and fascinating journey into the world of voice acting. In this Star Wars Weekends exclusive, James performs over 200 popular and iconic characters. Showtime: 6:30 p.m.
- Padawan Mind Challenge: Star Wars Weekends Event Stage. Join a pair of wacky intergalactic hosts, and a few other Star Wars surprises, as they provide two fun and interactive Star Wars trivia challenges, featuring younglings ages 4 to 11. Watch as they wield their mental force alongside a popular Star Wars character. The Challenge begins at 2:10 and 4:30 p.m. Signup begins at Park open in front of ABC Sound Studio. Space is limited.
- Darth's Mall: Blast into Star Wars Weekends 2013 with limited edition pins, artwork and collectibles, plus limited release apparel for the entire family! Authentic Star Wars Weekends collectibles, must-have merchandise, and special artist signings and book signings can be found at Darth’s Mall located in the courtyard between Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror .
- The Star Wars – D-Tech Me experience returns for Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios 2013. The experience will be located inside Darth's Mall, the themed merchandise destination located in the courtyard adjacent to Rock ‘n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. This year, Disney is bringing back the popular "cast yourself in Carbonite" option that was inspired by a scene from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. A new option features the elite soldiers of the Galactic Empire, the Stormtroopers. The 10-minute experience uses the world's highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner created by Imagineering scientists with Disney Research labs. That captured image is later sent to a high resolution 3D printer to create the figurine. The completed figurine will arrive within 4-6 weeks after the experience if shipping domestically (it takes a little longer if shipping internationally). Guests will also receive either a Carbon-Freeze Me light-up band or a collector button depending upon which option they choose. The Star Wars – D-Tech Me experience is $99.95, plus shipping and applicable sales tax. To book your experience, call 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324) to ask about availability. The experience will only be offered during Star Wars Weekends 2013. Please note: Separate theme park admission required for Disney's Hollywood Studios. No discounts apply unless otherwise noted. Guests must be at least 3 years old to participate. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. No-shows or in the event a reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of scheduled experience will result in such credit card being charged a $25 cancellation fee. The experience, due to its personalized nature, is non-refundable and not eligible for an exchange. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. Certain restrictions may apply. All prices, components and information are subject to change without notice.
Star Wars Weekends activities are included with regular Disney's Hollywood Studios admission.
If you plan on attending any of the Star Wars Weekends, be sure to arrive at the park early. Although the official park opening time is 9 a.m., you will be allowed into the park around 8:30. You will not be able to get over to the Star Tours area until the official rope drop at 9, though.
Desk for the event is usually located at the entrance to the event
area, across from Drew Carey: Sounds Dangerous. This will be
the place to have all your event questions answered and to sign up for
different Trivia contests.
If you want a celebrity autograph: A FASTPASS ensures your place in line at the celebrity autograph kiosk outside the Front Gate entrance. Grab a FASTPASS before the park opens, as quantities are extremely limited and are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Once FASTPASS tickets have been distributed, stand-by tickets may be issued, although stand-by tickets do not guarantee an autograph. Please note that each guest must be present to receive a FASTPASS. Guests may not get a FASTPASS for other members of their party, nor may guests save a place in any FASTPASS line for other party members. One autograph per guest.
Many children, and even some adults, dress in Star Wars costumes for the event -- this might be something to consider to add to the fun.
Many costumed characters circulate throughout Disney's Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekends, presenting lots of great photo opportunities.
This is a listing of characters that may appear during Star Wars Weekends:
daily Guide Map for the best times and locations to meet these
have comments or tips to share with others
about Star Wars Weekends
at Disney's Hollywood Studios, please
email me. Thank you.