Reviews of Yachtsman Steakhouse

Full Service Dinner

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/yachtsman-steakhouse/dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/yachtsman-steakhouse/child-dinner

Reviewer: Disneydad7506 Review Date: 08/05/2018

We had ADR and were seated right away when we checked in. The server was very good and she made a lot of good recommendations. My daughter and I both had the filets and they were delicious! The potatos gratin were also superb. The desserts were just average.

Pros:

Great steaks

Cons:

Dessert

Reviewer: John Review Date: 11/21/2017

My wife and I celebrated our 40th Anniversary at the Yachtsman and it was wonderful. They provided us with our personalized menu which said Happy Anniversary. The food was wonderful.
We started with the Lobster Bisque and then had the 32oz Porterhouse for two. It was the best steak I have eaten at Walt Disney World. For sides we had the Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Mushrooms, and The Summer Vegetable Fricassee. They were all good.

Pros:

Great Food and Service.

Reviewer: SharW Review Date: 11/16/2017

Ate here twice in October - always make it a point to eat here every year. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Service was great.

Pros:

great service and great food

Reviewer: allec999 Review Date: 11/03/2017

The check-in lady was a bit surly - I felt like I was scolded a bit for showing up to check in too early - and they were running 15-20 minutes behind reservation times. Having been here before, I knew it would be worth it, and it was. Quality of the steaks here is off the charts, and the service was right there with it. Always a good choice.

Pros:

Cons:

wait

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/16/2017

My family of 5 had dinner here on Sunday, July 2nd. We were seated promptly at our 6:30 reservation time.
The food and service was top notch. This was my second time dining at Yachtsman Steakhouse, and I will definitely be returning.

Pros:

Food and Service

Reviewer: Dianasmommie Review Date: 06/26/2017

There were five of us and we were on the dinning plan. Since we were also going to the park that shall not be named we were able to use the extra credits. Diana and I decided to do surf and turf. Lobster and prime rib. My husband kevin did the ribeye but felt her should have done the prime rib. Our friends Ollie and her mom Mary had the filet Since we were at the club level at Wilderness we decided no to have apps. The prime rib was nicely seasoned and the lobster which I had stream I believe was Maine but not sure. It wasn't chewy like Caribbean the table had the truffled mac and cheese and carmelized onions that Mary wished she could store in her suitcase. Everyone except me had the creme brulet I had the lime semifeddo

Pros:

Cons:

Price

Reviewer: Geri604 Review Date: 04/30/2017

After many years of "we should try this", we finally pulled the trigger this trip. Brandon was our server, and he was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine selections. He recommended the Frog's Leap zinfandel, which was great on it's own, but paired with the filet took it up another notch! All three of us had the filets; dad and I had the potato gratin and mom had the green beans and carrots. My filet was melt-in-your-mouth tender - I've only had one other filet I could say that about, and that was at a local restaurant that was featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network). For dessert, I had the chocolate peanut butter cake, and it was excellent; mom had the Yachtman's Sundae which she also enjoyed.

Pros:

Great server, awesome food

Cons:

NONE!

Reviewer: DePasquale Review Date: 07/06/2016

I know it's hard to not give a 10 to this famous steak house but I was a bit disappointed with my Kansas City Strip. The service was great, the round table for our party of six was perfect but still, a 10 is a 10.

Pros:

Round tables for 6

Cons:

Didn't love my Kansas City

Reviewer: emilynoahsdad Review Date: 05/09/2016

The best rib eye this steak lover has ever had. I even tried the marrow - surprisingly good. Pricey, but worth it. So convenient to our Beach Club villa.

Pros:

food, service, location

Reviewer: rickg Review Date: 04/21/2016

My wife and I eat here at least once a year when we come to WDW. We always ask for Oscar to wait on us. He really takes care of us. Yes the food is good, particularly the steaks. But we can get pretty good steaks in Kansas City too. So, what makes this place special is the service in general, and Oscar in particular. Our last visit was on 4/16/2016. My wife and I could not find the tomato and mozzarella appetizer on the menu that we have enjoyed so much in the past. We asked Oscar if we could get that appetizer even thought it was not on the menu. Oscar said let me check. After a while, he came back to us and said the chef could make one up for each of us. When Oscar brought them out to us he told us the chef had to send a person to another kitchen to get the mozzarella cheese and tomato, because, since this item is not on the menu, they don't keep them in their kitchen. This is an example of the kind of excellent service this restaurant, and Oscar, provide.

Pros:

Service, ambiance, food