Reviews of San Angel Inn Lunch/Dinner

Read more about San Angel Inn including links to the menus:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
Mexico - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

We have eaten here several times over the years and it is hit or miss. The last time this year it was a hit. I gave it a low score because it has been more miss with us. I like the chicken mole and black beans. It is a good thing I know what I want because it is so dark in here you cannot read the menu ( I am old so maybe this is just an old eyes thing). Another miss is every time we eat here the tables seem to get closer and closer together. the atmosphere is great so it is worth trying just for that.

Pros:

atmosphere

Cons:

dark and tables too close

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

it was just ok

Pros:

its a cool place to eat and I liked watching the boats from the three caballeros ride go by

Cons:

waiter couldn't understand me so I couldn't get what I wanted the way I wanted it

Reviewer: magicalcouple Review Date: 09/27/2018

Love this place! I love Mexican food of any variety, Tex-Mex, authentic, whatever. This place does not disappoint me. We always have reservations, so I am not sure about walk ups, but I have had to see them turn people away before on occasion.

I'll begin by saying that the atmosphere is fun! It's dimly lit with lights strung around, music playing, and you feel like you are experiencing an outdoor restaurant on the water overlooking a volcano...that erupts! Such a fun place to be.

The salsa is spicy but delicious. Our server treated my younger son like he was such a special guest and he felt so honored that he has requested we eat here time and time again, despite his picky appetite.

My top two favorite items on the menu are the Pollo A Las Rajas and the Carne Asada, both flavorful and delicious.

This restaurant IS dark and it is definitely loud. The tables are very close together, but for me and my family, this is overlooked simply because of the experience in itself.

Pros:

Food, Atmosphere

Cons:

Tables Close, Loud

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

Real good mexican get the queso fundido must have..best part is atmosphere

Pros:

Great atomoshere views of ride and the country inside

Cons:

Portions a little small for price

Reviewer: Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

I've eaten here a few times and it doesn't disappoint. I love the chicken mole. The best! We always have reservations and get seated right away. When it rains though, people flock inside the pavillion and it's crowded so be aware. We always finish the dinner with a boat ride. We love the feeling of eating in the mexican atmosphere inside.

Pros:

The atmosphere and ambience. The Chicken Mole is tops!

Cons:

can be crowded on rainy days

Reviewer: Marcy Review Date: 09/26/2018

Our favorite place to dine in Epcot! The hostess desk employees are accommodating and friendly. The servers are very friendly and helpful. During our recent visit (September 2018) our daughter didn\\'t see the steak tacos on the children\\'s menu so we asked and the server said he would have the kitchen make them for her...they came out great. Our food came out hot and delicious. And the atmosphere inside the restaurant is awesome...the night sky ceiling and the water view (Gran Fiesta Tour) make for a fun experience.

Pros:

Great food, awesome ambiance, friendly staff

Cons:

Noise can sometimes be an issue

Reviewer: moom2326 Review Date: 06/02/2017

Enjoyed this location in 2014 and was looking forward to coming back. This time around we were squished in like sardines. Table for two squished next to other tables so close I could touch the people next to me. Ruined the whole experience. Food was good and came out quickly but would not return as it was not enjoyable atmosphere.

Pros:

food is good, service is good

Cons:

tables are too close, not comfortable

Reviewer: debg32 Review Date: 05/29/2017

Our group of 7 dined here on May 23rd. We love dining here. The service and food is always good. We ordered the Queso Fundido as an appetizer. They were delicious. One of our group is not a sausage person but she even enjoyed it. Most of us had the Pollo a Las Rajas. It was soooo good. Everyone enjoyed the margaritas. I had the Raspado de Cafe which was made with coffee ice cream. Unbelievable is all I can say. Our servers were great. Our waiter treated us to dessert by bringing 2 different things for us to try. It was a nice way to finish the meal.

Pros:

Food and service

Cons:

Waiting area

Reviewer: Geri604 Review Date: 04/30/2017

This was our second time having lunch here. Last year, I really liked the steak tacos, but this year, they were more like mini steak fajitas - still good, but not quite what I was expecting. My dad had the same thing I did, and he said they were pretty good. My mom had the chicken enchiladas and liked them as well. She also had the blood orange margarita which was really good. The surprising thing was that we weren't offered a dessert menu here.

While the tables are pretty close together, we were able to get my mom's wheelchair to the table without any issues. We were one row in from the "waterfront" tables, so the aisle between the tables was a little wider than the other aisles, so that helped.

Pros:

Atmosphere; server; the blood orange margarita

Cons:

Not offered a dessert menu

Reviewer: Meyer4 Review Date: 04/25/2017

The tables are very close, we had to listen to the ladies at table next to us complain about everything. The food is great. Not your typical Tex-Mex. I had the chile relleno. The mixed drinks were awesome.

Pros:

Atmosphere/Ambience

Cons:

Tables are close together