Reviews of Italy - Signature

10 / 10

Rome, Tuscany and Venice 9 days/8 nights

The Viva Italia Signature vacation gives you an unmatched taste of the wonders of Rome, Florence and Venice. As part of the Signature Collection experience, you'll enjoy upgraded hotels, VIP amenities, special entertainment , additional exclusive activities and enhanced elements on select trip components for an even more extraordinary vacation.

Reviewed by dvcnut Review Date: 08/17/2014

I took this trip in July 2014 and it has now been renamed Viva Italia and goes to Rome, Tuscany, Florence, and Venice. This was my third time in Italy(2 DCL Med Cruises prior), all with Disney, and I was finally able to see the final things on my Italian bucket list since my first DCL Med Cruise trip in 2011. I now know that doing the two Italy ABD trips(Bella--Amalfi Coast and Viva) would have allowed me to see just about everything on my list in only two trips, but the cruises were fun too.

This was a great trip! We saw the major sites in Rome, Florence, and Venice and had enough free time to sample the local food and do our own sightseeing. Having done the cattle call to the Sistene Chapel through the museums when I was on the cruise, it was nice to be on a tour where we were the only people in the Vatican Museums and Sistene Chapel. I finally got to see Tuscany on this trip(instead of just driving through it on the way to Florence) and the hotel where we stayed was charming and close enough to Florence so that we didn't have a long bus ride on our day trip to see the Duomo and other sights. They've changed the Venice hotel for 2015, but it was nice to be 5 seconds from St. Mark's Square and all it had to offer. ABD is definitely the way to see these cities!

Pros:

after hours access to Vatican Museums & Sistene Chapel

Cons: