A few of the locations will remain open as community kitchens, meaning they will offer takeout food from the side door of the locations with a limited menu. Chef Andrés also announced that all restaurant employees with be provided paid leave and continue to receive their health benefits for at least the first two weeks of this disrupted operations.
According to the announcement, the locations being closed include:
New York City
- Mercado Little Spain, Hudson Yards, New York: Little Spain’s Spanish Diner will operate a community kitchen from the glass garage doors. The rest of the Mercado will remain closed.
Washington DC Metropolitan Area
- America Eats Tavern, Georgetown: A community kitchen will operate from the back upstairs patio.
- China Chilcano, Penn Quarter: Due to the lack of outdoor space at the restaurant, a community kitchen will not be available.
- Jaleo, Bethesda: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Jaleo, Crystal City: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Jaleo, Penn Quarter: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- minibar and barmini, Penn Quarter: Restaurant and bar both closed following the end of service on March 14. A community kitchen will not be available.
- Oyamel, Penn Quarter: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Zaytinya, Penn Quarter: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Beefsteak, Dupont, Foggy Bottom & Montgomery Mall: D.C.-area fast-casual locations will offer delivery only.
- Pepe Food Truck, D.C.: Will remain in operation.
According the the Jaleo Instagram at this time, they are monitoring the situation at Jaleo in Disney Springs and Las Vegas.
We will keep you updated if the hours for the Disney Springs location of Jaleo changes!
Have you tried any of the other Jaleo locations? Which is your favorite? Let us know in the comments.