Reviews of Wilderness Lodge (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort in the Magic Kingdom Resort area. Connected by path to Ft. Wilderness.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_wl.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/04/2019

My family stays at Wilderness Lodge 9 out of 10 times we travel to WDW. We are DVC members and while this is not our home resort, it is our favorite. I love to hear "welcome home" because to me and my family and my sister and her family, this is home.

Pros:

The lobby is amazing. The decor, the quiet atmosphere. I love all of it. Whispering Canyon is always worth at least 1 breakfast while we are there and I could walk around all day. It is close the MK without being directly in the middle of the crowds

Cons:

I don't have any cons

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/31/2019

This is my husband and my favorite resort :-D! We've stayed at Wilderness for our honeymoon and on another vacation and both times the place is great :-D! The overall theming, bars (Territory Lounge and Trout Pass) are fun, pool and hot tubs. We will be back, and recommend it highly to all!

Pros:

So many :-D! Spacious rooms The lobby (fun and picturesque- the bridge, springs, and geyser are a wonderful photo op) The Mercantile- yes all Disney hotel shops are expensive, but you can find all sorts of things here- one of a kind gifts and just Mickey tees if that's your thing! Quiet places to just sit and people watch Nicely themed pool

Cons:

Haven't tried the Storybook character meals- kind of "miss" the original Artist Point.

Reviewed by wlodgeman Review Date: 04/17/2019

We've stayed @ WL 4 times now and I've been there just to visit twice when on business. The theming is breathtaking; you can always spot 1st timers (and me) gazing up in the lobby when you arrive.

Pros:

Short boat ride to MK where you can enter park or get on the monorail. Wooded areas around Lodge and indoors and out they did a great job with this resort.

Cons:

Bus if you want to go to Studios or AK. Rooms are on the smaller side for deluxe. (but are also cheapest of the deluxe) And with addition of DVC rooms, # of rooms for standard stays have decreased.

Reviewed by disneydigis Review Date: 09/28/2018

Our family stayed at the Wilderness Lodge during out Epcot Food & Wine/ Mickey's Not So Scary visit. It is our new favorite WDW resort! This resort is beautiful! We loved how convenient it was to take the boat ride to and from the MK. The dining choices are fantastic, we ate at Whispering Canyon, Roaring Forks, and Geyser Point, and enjoyed them all. So relaxing to sit at night and watch the electric water pageant. The rooms are beautiful and just spending time exploring this resort was so much fun! Will definitely stay here again!

Pros:

Theme, rooms, convenience

Reviewed by nkwyatt Review Date: 09/27/2018

Without a doubt, this is my most favorite of all the Disney resorts I've stayed in during my 16 visits over the last 19 years. I love that it's near Magic Kingdom but still has a secluded feel about it. I love the architecture and the Adirondack-style furnishings. The restaurants and food court are among the best and we often go to this resort to eat even if we're staying somewhere else. I love taking the boat to/from Magic Kingdom, especially at night. If you're looking for a romantic place to stay at Disney, this one ranks the highest in my opinion. There are lots of activities for kids and families here. I hope to one day be able to afford to stay here for at least 2 weeks so that I can experience everything this resort has to offer.

Pros:

Secluded yet conveniently located to all parks except Animal Kingdom. Fabulous dining experiences. Beautiful architecture. Romantic.

Cons:

Cost. Also, busses that service Wilderness Lodge also service other Deluxe resorts so allow plenty of time for the extra stops when traveling to/from theme parks.

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/26/2018

This was our first stay at Wilderness Lodge, and we loved it. We stayed in a two bedroom villa at Copper Creek, and the room and resort were even more beautiful than we had imagined. We had a view of the main pool and could see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom over the top of the resort across the way. The main pool is wonderful, but we mainly used the DVC pool because of it's zero entry for my granddaughter and proximity to Geyser Point which we enjoyed very much. We had a vehicle and only used the bus service once, but we did like the boat to Magic Kingdom. We had a fun dinner at Whispering Canyon and felt the choices at Roaring Fork were quite good. I would definitely stay at this resort again!

Pros:

beautiful, secluded resort close to Magic Kingdom great pools and food choices

Reviewed by GNesty Review Date: 09/07/2017

My family and I just got back last Saturday (Sept. 2, 2017) and we were at the lodge for a week. Our standard view was upgraded to a garden view and we were able to view the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our room. The addition of new DVC cabins did not make the resort feel over crowded as the ones at the GF made us feel.

With new topiary and lounge added plus a new zero entry pool the lodge still has a very relaxed feel. Spotlessly clean and each and every CM we encountered was fantastic.

The Roaring Forks rehab was done and though we enjoyed it I would have loved to see a veggie burger on the menu LOL. The rooms are smaller than other deluxes as we did miss the pull out couch however we still absolutely loved the Lodge and would happily return.

Pros:

Love the changes

Cons:

—

Reviewed by DePasquale Review Date: 07/06/2016

The delicious food choices and interior space are consistent with the relaxing mood of the Wilderness Lodge environment.

Pros:

A total experience

Cons:

The couple of tables near the entry

Reviewed by IowaSammy Review Date: 01/10/2016

This was our first stay at a Deluxe resort. We stayed for 10 days, club level, with our family of 4. (Kids were 13 and 10). We fell in love with the lodge! We had a courtyard room and I loved listening to the water at night. We stayed in room 7117, and we could even see the tops of Wishes on the opposite side of the resort! We'd never stayed anywhere with a balcony before and we loved it!

The mattresses were new and the room was very clean. I loved the double sink and vanity area with the convenient shelf above. The shower was large and had cute tiles. The fan automatically came on with the light and was quite loud.
The room had a ceiling fan, which was nice. We had plenty of closet space. We used the light above the mirror by the table as a night light, as it is on a dimmer switch.

Mouse keeping was excellent, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the resort is stunning. We loved the lobby and often found a cozy spot to sit for a few minutes and take it all in.

Transportation was fantastic. A+. Busses were so fast! We loved the covered walkway to/from the busses. We took the boat a few times to the Contemporary and it was a nice, short ride. Overall, the busses are much faster. This was a huge difference from our value resort stays and even better than POFQ!

If I had to pick the most important difference from a value or moderate it's that our room was in a main building. Yes, it's very large, but the convenience was amazing. The rooms themselves aren't huge, the restaurants aren't awesome, but the resort itself was wonderful. The kids loved the arcade, adults loved Territory Lounge. The main building really sold us on the value of the price. (We had a pin code, too!) We are unlikely to stay at another resort with only outer buildings.

Our only complaint was the very loud afternoon pool parties with a microphone. This is so not in keeping with the peaceful and relaxing vibe the rest of the time. Microphone was used from 2-5pm DAILY. Ugh. Hated it.

We were extremely happy at WL and highly recommend it. I am curious to see what it is like after the construction.

Pros:

Theme, staff, transportation, beds

Cons:

Afternoon pool party

Reviewed by shellbates Review Date: 10/07/2015

There was some construction during the day while we were there, but other than that this resort is wonderful. It is beautifully themed, spacious rooms, not a bad view, and watching fireworks from Magic Kingdom and the Electric Water Pageant is a bonus. It was a quick boat ride to Magic Kingdom. For being a huge resort it is very quiet...with the exception of Whispering Canyon (those of you that have been there will understand) which is not supposed to be quiet. Would definitely stay here again

Pros:

close to Magic Kingdom, beautiful resort, spacious room

Cons:

construction