Reviews of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit:: http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

Reviewer: Juliet73 Review Date: 11/09/2018

I just came back from a professional conference with a few days of added fun at the Coronado. I was worried about the size/amount of walking based on other reviews, but was happy to find that while there IS a lot of walking, it's a very pretty and pleasant experience. I stayed in the Ranchos, which is about 10 minutes from the convention center. The room was great! The bathroom and shower were wonderful. I loved that there was a larger work space than other moderate resorts, and with the refurb, there were plenty of lights, including neat little reading lights built right into the side of the beds. Beds were comfy. There were plenty of charging stations for all our fit bits, phones, and other technology. I wasn't sure how I'd like the new hard floors, but I actually really loved the room without carpet. It felt cleaner. The main downside was that the Dig Site area was closed due to construction. I would have loved to experience that, but instead did try out the Casitas and Ranchos pools. The Casitas pool was pleasant, and there was a little snack cart that came around if you wanted sunscreen, a drink or something to nibble. The Ranchos pool was FREEZING. I didn't stay in there long! I never experienced any lines at the food court and the food was ok. The caesar salad wasn't great--they didn't have caeser dressing. The convention center was well run and the rooms were all adequately set up. The AC was on full blast in the convention center so if you are attending meetings, I suggest bringing a WARM sweater or jacket and leaving the closed-toe shoes behind. I needed socks. My feet were turning blue. Overall, it was a very nice resort, and despite being advised not to bring my kids there for a family trip, I actually think I liked the room better than Port Orleans for the larger workspace and other features. I would definitely bring my family there in the future (I really want to check out that Dig Site pool!).

Pros:

Beautiful landscaping and architecture, great room set up since the refurbishment, lots of light/charging outlets in the room, excellent quality shower.

Cons:

Disruptive construction, Dig Site pool closed, freezing rooms in the convention center

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

Better than anticipated

Pros:

Casitas building 3 location, nice room, good bus service, very friendly and courteous cast members

Cons:

construction-once done, resort will be lovely

Reviewer: Kathy C. Review Date: 10/04/2018

This is a nice property. When we stayed there the A/C people came to our room and politely explained that it worked on motion sensors. Middle of the night you will be hot and also when you come back to your room during the day since it/s not on. K.C. S.L.C., Utah

Pros:

It's close to Animal Kingdom so easy to get there. The pool areas are very clean and some are quiet.

Cons:

Problems with the A/C and food is better at other places in the park.

Reviewer: Suzy Review Date: 10/02/2018

We stayed here in 2016 and loved the resort. Beautiful landscaping and really liked the different theming throughout the resort. The rooms were comfortable and loved that they were able to accommodate us with joining rooms for extended family. The pool was wonderful, clean and my children loved the games and activities that they participated in during the week. The food court had a lot of great choices. The only negative is that it is a large resort so a lot of walking but if you have no concerns with walking you will be fine. There is more than one bus stop so that was never a problem. Just request a room closer to the food court if walking is a problem. I would highly recommend this resort and hope to get back soon to see the renovations that are being done.

Pros:

Beautiful resort, friendly staff, great pool area with fun activities, multiple bus stops

Cons:

Large resort so if walking is a concern, request room close to food court

Reviewer: Amy Denise Review Date: 10/01/2018

I had never considered staying here but a short planned trip made this the best choice for our time & price. I am SO glad it worked out this way as it was a wonderful respite from the hustle & bustle of the rest of our days. The atmosphere was so laid back, the architecture a pleasure to explore & the staff was so friendly. I've learned with Disney to never be afraid to try someplace new because with Disney it is never \"just a hotel.\"

Pros:

very relaxed & much quieter than most due to the layout

Cons:

very spread out so with young children, ask for a close by room instead of the rooms farther out along the edges of the resort

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

Used to love this resort but construction is making me change my mind. We liked it for the change of pace. Super relaxing and quiet pool was always quiet. Feature pool had a fun slide. But no with adding so many new rooms in a tower- I feel like it will lose the quiet feel.

Pros:

Used to be a quieter moderate

Cons:

Construction

Reviewer: Rosie C Review Date: 10/01/2018

It’s been ten years between stays here for us and we love the changes. The room was set up great for us (two adults) and has more storage than any room I’ve ever stayed at. We stayed in a standard room so the walk was pretty far from the lobby but we were very close to a bus stop and that’s more important for us. The whole resort was under a ton of construction but everything was signed well for navigation.

Pros:

Love the Maya Grill, the redone rooms are beautiful and very nicely laid out

Cons:

It’s a very big resort

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Have stayed here several times. We love it. It is quite big and spread out, so you will be walking a lot. Try to get a room in the building closest to the lobby, that way you won't have to walk as far for food/drinks.

Pros:

Nice pool, beautiful lake.

Cons:

Big

Reviewer: Sharon CW Review Date: 09/30/2018

We stayed in a king preferred room last December and it was wonderful! We were in Casitas 3 in a newly refurbed room and it was beautiful. We were very close to the main building.

Pros:

Gorgeous resort. The refurbed rooms are plush! It was like staying in a deluxe resort.

Cons:

Long waits for buses.

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

ok resort

Pros:

its beautiful but way too big for me

Cons:

didn't love the restaurant or QS options. this is my least favorite resort so far.