Reviews of Polynesian Deluxe Studios (Disney Vacation Club)

Complete information including FAQ, photos and videos: http://allears.net/acc/faq_polynesian-village-dvc.htm

Reviewed by JennyM Review Date: 06/19/2019

Our family stayed at the Polynesian as DVC members in July 2018. Our room was clean and well appointed. We had a view of the lagoon and could see the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom from our patio. My son and I sat outside eating a quick breakfast each day before heading to the parks and sat outside for a little bit each night enjoying the view. We enjoyed walking along the paths near the water and sand to the boats to the MK or on our way to the amazing pool (with the volcano waterslide). It was easy to walk to the main building and catch the monorail, or go to the boats to ride across the lagoon, or walk to the TTC and catch a monorail to Epcot. The room had plenty of space for the four of us (2 adults, 9 and 11 year olds). We had room to store all of our luggage and the kids enjoyed sleeping in the pull down bed (with Lilo and Stitch painted on the back panel).

Pros:

beautiful theming!!!! Location, location, location; on the monorail; great view of the water and Magic Kingdom; close to transportation (monorail, small boats, ferry and TTC to catch Epcot monorail)

Cons:

cost ($ or points) considerations

Reviewed by jennarenay96 Review Date: 06/13/2019

LOVE the theming and atmosphere here!

Pros:

Great theme, close to MK and Epcot, and very quiet

Reviewed by kekmouse Review Date: 04/28/2019

We stayed in Tokelau, second floor, with 5 people (2 adults, 3 under 16) from 4/20 to 4/27 2019. Our room was ready upon arrival at the resort and was surprisingly spacious, even with the couch as a third bed. Both bathrooms were large enough with great vanity lightening and wonderful water pressure in both showers. Our two general issues with the room were limited space for clothing (two drawers under the bed, two small bedside tables, and closet with a few hangers as we used the chest in the room for souvenirs/luggage to keep the floor clear) and some of the outlets weren't working. Bring a power strip to be safe. The one major issue we had was the mini fridge broke about halfway through the trip. The staff replaced it within a half hour of us calling, but as we didn't get back to the room until late that day, we lost perishables. Check them every morning before you leave.

The big hit with the kids was the pool. We didn't venture to the main pool b/c it looked a little rowdy for us in terms of crowds and noise so we stuck to the Oasis Pool b/c it was literally right outside our building. The water was always clean, there was space to both swim and lounge, and there were always plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Also, the Jacuzzi was heaven after a day of park walking. Be warned, there is no lifeguard at this pool so younger children will need to be supervised. My personal favorite part about this resort was the beach part b/c we had amazing views of the Wishes firework show every night it ran. We could hear it from our room the few nights we didn't go so if you're sensitive to that, it might be wise to bring earplugs or some noise-canceling device. If you do attend the show, go down at least an hour early if you want one of the chairs or benches, otherwise bring a blanket for the sand.

We are personally not a table-service family so the night we ate dinner at the hotel, we went with quick-service. They have the standard nuggets/hot dogs/ mac and cheese for kids so they were happy with that but the adult menu is a bit more limited unless you like more South Pacific food. Loved the flatbread pizzas, though. We liked the breakfast much more b/c you get really great portion sizes for what you pay. My mother especially loved the Tonga toast, their specialty item. They also offer the luau at the Luau Cove most nights. We didn't have an interest in the menu or long show, but we did notice that the lobby gets very hectic before each of the showtimes with incoming guests so plan trips to the Great Ceremonial House strategically during those times.

Transport was a mixed bag, but I find that it is at most Disney properties so it didn't really affect our trip b/c we planned for it. We found it was easier and quicker when going to Epcot to walk to the TTC b/c we would have gone on the whole loop otherwise. Buses to Hollywood and Animal Kingdom ran fine, we just had issues with buses to Disney Springs. Very long wait times for those for some reason. My one big surprise was even though we planned on using it, we did not use the Minnie Van service provided by Disney b/c for us, it ran much more expensive than using Lyft. For the few reservations, we had at other locations, the Lyft drivers were both cheaper and much less wait times. When we were done, we took the bus to Magic Kingdom to get back to the hotel. I would recommend to anyone going to Disney to download a rideshare app b/c it was a huge timesaver for us and probably a money saver, especially if your party is four or less.

All in all, I had a really great trip to this resort. It was our first deluxe resort and on the whole, it was a good investment in terms of how much more comfortable we were. If you're a Magic Kingdom fan, this is the perfect resort for you.

Pros:

Beautiful location, very close to Magic Kingdom, great pools, comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff, easy to navigate.

Cons:

Further away from other parks, some noise issues, limited Quick-Service options, no arcade for kids.

Reviewed by NatF Review Date: 04/24/2019

I love the Poly. The lushness of the grounds, the beautiful rooms, the dolewhip counter, the volcano pool and the smell in the lobby are all amazing. The Poly has great activities for kids. You can watch the fireworks from Magic Kingdom on the beach. It is super easy to get to the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, Magic Kingdom and Epcot. My favorite resort!

Pros:

Location, theme

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by SecondStar Review Date: 04/18/2019

The Polynesian has the best of both worlds: a quiet and relaxed environment, and a location that's right in the middle of all the action. The grounds are gorgeous and very well-kept, you can see the castle and the fireworks from the beach, and the restaurants are excellent. The deluxe studio is very spacious, with two bathrooms (only one has a toilet). I've been able to see the fireworks from the balcony of a standard view in the past, although that's not guaranteed, of course.

Pros:

-Two Bathrooms makes getting ready in the morning easy -Bonus points for being able to use one of those bathrooms as a separate room for our baby last trip -Nice views and balconies on upper-level -Very Spacious -Storage under bed

Cons:

-Motion sensors for the fan in the bathrooms can get annoying -You can hear the ferry boats and fireworks at night, so if those kinds of noises bother you, it might not be for you

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 04/18/2019

Great views of magic kingdom, very nice rooms, staff is peasant and accommodating, restaurants are great here, both pools are very nice, was very quiet all thee times we stayed here. This has quickly become our favorite place to stay. Convenient walk to transportation and ticket center and ease of the monorail.

Pros:

Great restaurants, close to monorail, great view

Reviewed by Aimee Review Date: 09/30/2018

First ever stay at the Poly as a new DVC member and we were not disappointed. We loved the theming, the smells, the food and not to mention Ohana! When we were there in July the dumplings were missing so we were happy to see them back on the menu. For a resort so close to Magic Kingdom, the grounds are so peaceful and quiet. The room was clean and spacious for our party of 4. This is my new go to resort hands down!

Pros:

Location, quiet, clean, theming is amazing

Cons:

Room was a long walk from lobby

Reviewed by Diana K Review Date: 09/28/2018

I have previously stayed at the Polynesian resort prior to it becoming a DVC property, and always found it enjoyable. I'm an owner at Bay Lake Towers, so I immediately compared the studios. The bathroom setup is much nicer, with one room with a shower, and another with tub; both had sinks. It always felt more cramped in the BLT studio tiny bathroom. The shower has an awesome rain effect and the flooring reminiscent of pebbles. Made me feel like having a shower outside, but without any of the ickyness of actually being outside. The room is longer because of the extra bathroom space, but narrower. I didn't have the extra bed under the TV open, but if it was it would have been a little difficult to get to the other end of the room. Because of the bed under the TV where the dresser would normally be, I wound up using the bathroom drawers for all my clothes. Worked out well for me since I usually wind up getting dressed in the bathroom anyway. I'd definitely stay here again the future. Plus, aside from the bungalows, all the DVC rooms at the resort are studios, so it was much easier for me to book a room after the 7 month window than at other resorts besides my home one.

Pros:

Rain effect shower, extra bathroom sinks and space

Cons:

Limited drawer space, a bit narrow

Reviewed by Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Hawaii feel in the heart of Orlando. This resort is great. Feels like a vacation within a vacation. And they have Dole Whip and some of the best drinks in all of WDW at the bars here. Good choice of food as well. View of fireworks on the beach at night.

Pros:

So many things. Pools. Beaches. Smores at night. Feel of the main building!

Cons:

I can' think of any

Reviewed by MomRN59 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Love this resort, so convenient on monorail, beautiful decor, love the spacious rooms, wish they had 2 bedrooms,2nd bathroom has wasted space, great restaurants and quick service.

Pros:

Monorail, decor, size of room, great restaurants and quick service

Cons:

No 2 bedrooms, wasted space in big bathroom, walkways not covered for rain