Reviews of Polynesian Deluxe Studios (Disney Vacation Club)

Complete information including FAQ, photos and videos: http://allears.net/acc/faq_polynesian-village-dvc.htm

Reviewed by kekmouse Review Date: 04/28/2019

We stayed in Tokelau, second floor, with 5 people (2 adults, 3 under 16) from 4/20 to 4/27 2019. Our room was ready upon arrival at the resort and was surprisingly spacious, even with the couch as a third bed. Both bathrooms were large enough with great vanity lightening and wonderful water pressure in both showers. Our two general issues with the room were limited space for clothing (two drawers under the bed, two small bedside tables, and closet with a few hangers as we used the chest in the room for souvenirs/luggage to keep the floor clear) and some of the outlets weren't working. Bring a power strip to be safe. The one major issue we had was the mini fridge broke about halfway through the trip. The staff replaced it within a half hour of us calling, but as we didn't get back to the room until late that day, we lost perishables. Check them every morning before you leave.

The big hit with the kids was the pool. We didn't venture to the main pool b/c it looked a little rowdy for us in terms of crowds and noise so we stuck to the Oasis Pool b/c it was literally right outside our building. The water was always clean, there was space to both swim and lounge, and there were always plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Also, the Jacuzzi was heaven after a day of park walking. Be warned, there is no lifeguard at this pool so younger children will need to be supervised. My personal favorite part about this resort was the beach part b/c we had amazing views of the Wishes firework show every night it ran. We could hear it from our room the few nights we didn't go so if you're sensitive to that, it might be wise to bring earplugs or some noise-canceling device. If you do attend the show, go down at least an hour early if you want one of the chairs or benches, otherwise bring a blanket for the sand.

We are personally not a table-service family so the night we ate dinner at the hotel, we went with quick-service. They have the standard nuggets/hot dogs/ mac and cheese for kids so they were happy with that but the adult menu is a bit more limited unless you like more South Pacific food. Loved the flatbread pizzas, though. We liked the breakfast much more b/c you get really great portion sizes for what you pay. My mother especially loved the Tonga toast, their specialty item. They also offer the luau at the Luau Cove most nights. We didn't have an interest in the menu or long show, but we did notice that the lobby gets very hectic before each of the showtimes with incoming guests so plan trips to the Great Ceremonial House strategically during those times.

Transport was a mixed bag, but I find that it is at most Disney properties so it didn't really affect our trip b/c we planned for it. We found it was easier and quicker when going to Epcot to walk to the TTC b/c we would have gone on the whole loop otherwise. Buses to Hollywood and Animal Kingdom ran fine, we just had issues with buses to Disney Springs. Very long wait times for those for some reason. My one big surprise was even though we planned on using it, we did not use the Minnie Van service provided by Disney b/c for us, it ran much more expensive than using Lyft. For the few reservations, we had at other locations, the Lyft drivers were both cheaper and much less wait times. When we were done, we took the bus to Magic Kingdom to get back to the hotel. I would recommend to anyone going to Disney to download a rideshare app b/c it was a huge timesaver for us and probably a money saver, especially if your party is four or less.

All in all, I had a really great trip to this resort. It was our first deluxe resort and on the whole, it was a good investment in terms of how much more comfortable we were. If you're a Magic Kingdom fan, this is the perfect resort for you.

Pros:

Beautiful location, very close to Magic Kingdom, great pools, comfortable rooms, friendly and helpful staff, easy to navigate.

Cons:

Further away from other parks, some noise issues, limited Quick-Service options, no arcade for kids.

Reviewed by NatF Review Date: 04/24/2019

I love the Poly. The lushness of the grounds, the beautiful rooms, the dolewhip counter, the volcano pool and the smell in the lobby are all amazing. The Poly has great activities for kids. You can watch the fireworks from Magic Kingdom on the beach. It is super easy to get to the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, Magic Kingdom and Epcot. My favorite resort!

Pros:

Location, theme

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by SecondStar Review Date: 04/18/2019

The Polynesian has the best of both worlds: a quiet and relaxed environment, and a location that's right in the middle of all the action. The grounds are gorgeous and very well-kept, you can see the castle and the fireworks from the beach, and the restaurants are excellent. The deluxe studio is very spacious, with two bathrooms (only one has a toilet). I've been able to see the fireworks from the balcony of a standard view in the past, although that's not guaranteed, of course.

Pros:

-Two Bathrooms makes getting ready in the morning easy -Bonus points for being able to use one of those bathrooms as a separate room for our baby last trip -Nice views and balconies on upper-level -Very Spacious -Storage under bed

Cons:

-Motion sensors for the fan in the bathrooms can get annoying -You can hear the ferry boats and fireworks at night, so if those kinds of noises bother you, it might not be for you

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 04/18/2019

Great views of magic kingdom, very nice rooms, staff is peasant and accommodating, restaurants are great here, both pools are very nice, was very quiet all thee times we stayed here. This has quickly become our favorite place to stay. Convenient walk to transportation and ticket center and ease of the monorail.

Pros:

Great restaurants, close to monorail, great view

Reviewed by Aimee Review Date: 09/30/2018

First ever stay at the Poly as a new DVC member and we were not disappointed. We loved the theming, the smells, the food and not to mention Ohana! When we were there in July the dumplings were missing so we were happy to see them back on the menu. For a resort so close to Magic Kingdom, the grounds are so peaceful and quiet. The room was clean and spacious for our party of 4. This is my new go to resort hands down!

Pros:

Location, quiet, clean, theming is amazing

Cons:

Room was a long walk from lobby

Reviewed by Diana K Review Date: 09/28/2018

I have previously stayed at the Polynesian resort prior to it becoming a DVC property, and always found it enjoyable. I'm an owner at Bay Lake Towers, so I immediately compared the studios. The bathroom setup is much nicer, with one room with a shower, and another with tub; both had sinks. It always felt more cramped in the BLT studio tiny bathroom. The shower has an awesome rain effect and the flooring reminiscent of pebbles. Made me feel like having a shower outside, but without any of the ickyness of actually being outside. The room is longer because of the extra bathroom space, but narrower. I didn't have the extra bed under the TV open, but if it was it would have been a little difficult to get to the other end of the room. Because of the bed under the TV where the dresser would normally be, I wound up using the bathroom drawers for all my clothes. Worked out well for me since I usually wind up getting dressed in the bathroom anyway. I'd definitely stay here again the future. Plus, aside from the bungalows, all the DVC rooms at the resort are studios, so it was much easier for me to book a room after the 7 month window than at other resorts besides my home one.

Pros:

Rain effect shower, extra bathroom sinks and space

Cons:

Limited drawer space, a bit narrow

Reviewed by Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Hawaii feel in the heart of Orlando. This resort is great. Feels like a vacation within a vacation. And they have Dole Whip and some of the best drinks in all of WDW at the bars here. Good choice of food as well. View of fireworks on the beach at night.

Pros:

So many things. Pools. Beaches. Smores at night. Feel of the main building!

Cons:

I can' think of any

Reviewed by MomRN59 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Love this resort, so convenient on monorail, beautiful decor, love the spacious rooms, wish they had 2 bedrooms,2nd bathroom has wasted space, great restaurants and quick service.

Pros:

Monorail, decor, size of room, great restaurants and quick service

Cons:

No 2 bedrooms, wasted space in big bathroom, walkways not covered for rain

Reviewed by Aimee McCann Review Date: 12/20/2017

Our stay was Dec. 9-16. 4 adults sharing one room. I was afraid the room would be too small and the sofa bed uncomfortable, but I was wrong. The storage under the bed, the drawers in the baths and the closet were enough to hold our things. The laundry room was busy on a late Tues night. We didn't get any pixie dust, but the CMs we came into contact with were very helpful and pleasant. We will definitely be returning.

Pros:

Location to monorail for Epcot and MK. Two baths. Theming

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 10/06/2017

We are DVC members and stayed 2 connecting studios 9/21-25 requested Tokeleu 3rd floor received ground floor #1913,1914. We arrived early rooms not ready so went to Epcot. Recieved email around 4pm rooms ready. Arrived back at resort after 9pm Luggage was there but not carry ons left at Bell Services. Room #1914 had an odor which once thought it was cigarette smoke so since my ds girlfriend has asthma we both went to front desk to alert them of situation. We were there approx 1 hour discussing options which were to have housekeeping come clean and they tried to find another room but since the hurricane alot of people were rescheduling their plans so all of DW was booked. They said that something would be avaiable the next day, while this discussion was going on another manager came over and asked room # and stated the the two rooms above ours were complaining the same smell. Head of housekeeping came as well as manager and we all came to conclusion that it was more of a mildew smell not smoke. They still cleaned and said they would shampoo carpets the next day. The manager said since we were not giving them a hard time and being reasonable they would like to compensate us. I explained that we used DVC points and they offered to refund those. That would have been great except our points would end up expiring since we have a Dec UY. so instead they comped us 1 night for each room monetary. Which ended up being over $500. They put it on our room credit which we used for F & W credits. This was truly amazing of them and not expected. The next day we came back with a puddle of water in the bathroom coming from the vent which we alerted front desk since we think that is where the smell was coming from and they quickly came and cleaned the area. We had no additional issues and the smell of the resort is very flowery so always had a nice smell. We loved using the monorail and boats and hardly had any waits. We used the walking path to TTC which only took 5 minutes and then you only had to use security checklines once. This is our home resort and look forward to returning. Only complaint We would goto quiet pools after returning from parks and the pool bar was always closed. This would be at 10pm I wish they would stayed open later. No issues with bugs, noise, boat horns etc. Loved it....

Pros:

Location, monorail, boat, quietness

Cons:

pool bars not open late