Reviews of Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa officially opened on October 23, 2013. There are studios, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and grand villas.

Fact Sheet: http://allears.net/acc/faq_villas_grand_floridian.htm

Photos: http://allears.net/acc/gallery_villas_grand_floridian.htm

Videos: http://allears.net/acc/g-grand-floridian-villas-videos.htm

Grand Opening Report: http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2013/10/_disney_vacation_club_the.html

Reviewer: Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

This was on my bucket list and it did not disappoint. We stayed here in July as a family. The villa studios sleep 5 with a pulldown bed so its great. The new pool area is a good size, although it rained alot the two days we were there. We had a rental car so easy to park and get around. The monorial is great to get to MK and to the other resorts.

Pros:

Luxurious! You can get spoiled.

Cons:

none!

Reviewer: Jazzfool20 Review Date: 10/31/2017

We stayed for a week, 10/11-18, at the GF Villas, and what a lovely stay it was. It's really a taste of "old florida," with modern, luxury touches. It's always a thrill to get out of your room and hear "She Belongs To Me," or "White Jazz." Unfortunately most of those touches are lost on people, but it shows the extent to which Disney goes to immerse you in a story/theme. In any case, the room was great (studio), as was the staff. The Grand Floridian is really the "place to be," and the grounds, restaurants, bars, etc...are all superb. The only complaint, and this is more of a DVC issue, it that we were there for a whole week, and did not receive a full cleaning, only a trash and towel! There were only two of us in the room, and it was quite dirty after a week. I spoke to a front desk clerk, and she informed me it was only after eight nights, not seven, do you get a full cleaning. If you're a cash-paying guest, you do get a full cleaning every day. Otherwise, everything was marvelous, and can't wait to return!

Pros:

Old Florida lite

Reviewer: dvcnut Review Date: 08/27/2017

While the Villas at GF are not my home resort, I was lucky enough to get a reservation in June and July for a studio. I've always wanted to stay there and am glad I finally did.

I stayed in both a standard studio(one night) and a lake view studio(7 nights). I loved the décor, but having to walk to the main building for everything(monorail, food, refillable mug) got to be annoying almost immediately. I normally stay at BLT, so I'm used to the walk to the Contemporary for services, but this walk just seemed longer. I also didn't like that there was very little storage for clothes in the units. Because the trundle bed is now under the TV, you are limited to putting your clothes on a shelf in the closet instead of having drawers to put them in. The big difference I noted in the two rooms was that the standard room only had one bathroom where the lake view room had a split bath with the tub & toilet on one side and the sink and shower on the other. The two halves were separated by pocket doors. However, I think the best part about staying at GF is that you're only one monorail stop from the MK.

Despite the small inconveniences, I loved my stay at GF. You will get your exercise staying there, so come prepared!

Pros:

location

Cons:

having to walk to the main building for everything

Reviewer: maze4 Review Date: 10/01/2016

We rented points to stay a Deluxe studio Sep 13-16. Used ME and was shocked to see that you shared ME with other resorts which took longer. Checkin went very well and was given Anniversary pins to wear. Room wasn't ready so we left carryons and jumped on monorail to Epcot. Never waited for a monorail more than 5 min and always found a seat. Love the easiness of traveling to the parks on monorail. Received email later in day room #. Didn't get back to resort until late and used Gasparilla café for late night meal. Not big variety but needed to get refillable mugs. Long walk from there to villas. Room was very clean and loved the lakeview. Didn't get any extras for anniversary but didn't matter enjoyed it very much. Would have scorded higher but would like to see amenities at the villas so you don't have to go clear to main bldg.to get refills or quick service meals.

Pros:

monorail,beautiful resort,wonderful castmembers

Cons:

no quick service in villas, too far walk for refillable mugs

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 06/27/2016

We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa the first week in May. Did online check-in which was seamless. Room was in excellent condition and very clean. Housekeeping well done. Bell services were fast. Very much enjoyed our stay here and will be glad to visit again.

Pros:

Beautiful villa, quiet

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 02/02/2015

This was our first stay at our newest home resort. We are experienced DVC members. The villas are beautiful. Everyone was so helpful from the cast member who contacted us before our visit to see if we needed any help with planning to the staff at check in and housekeeping. Unfortunately, our villa was showing wear and tear already. It is unfortunate that other guests damaged the table, the cook top, and the security lock. The resort is lovely and we really enjoyed our stay here.

Pros:

Beautiful villa, location, service from check in to check out, quiet

Cons:

Showing wear and tear

Reviewer: lamystreaux Review Date: 01/28/2015

This was our first DVC stay and wow was it a great one! I remember several years back monorailing by the Grand Floridian thinking "Wow, we will never stay here. . .it is way too nice and expensive" and now we are owners at the villas. Beautiful room and resort. We did not have the best view (2nd floor, room 1220, overlooking the wedding pavilion), but beyond that, it was magical. Great amenities, even the pullout bed was comfy according to my sister. So excited for future stays here and at other DVC properties!

Pros:

cleanliness, beauty, service, location

Reviewer: Jazzfool20 Review Date: 10/03/2014

My family and I just returned from a stay (Sept. 23rd - Oct. 1st) at my "home" the GF Villas, and Everything was almost perfect. This was my premier stay, and it had been a dream to stay at the Grand Floridian for many years. Having been a DVC member by association for many years (my parents own at OKW) I've come to expect a lot, and was not disappointed. The grounds and building are stunning. The theme and period music, i.e. Paul Whiteman, The Mills Blue Rhythm Band, Artie Shaw, etc...are par excellence (though sadly most people don't notice, and it's lost on them). Covered walkway from the villas to the main building is wonderful, especially when it rains. The rooms are equally exceptional. We were in a studio, and had a great view of the monorail and grounds. There's one bed, and a pull-out sofa, which my parents said was the best they'd ever slept on. Closet/drawer space was fine for three people, though might be a bit tough for four. Linens, and robes were lovely, as was the split bathroom.
There were a few very minor negatives: There was almost nowhere to hang anything - only one double hook in one bathroom. Very little drawer space - in fact only one, and a weird pull down drawer on the other side. Also only one sink. The overall size of the room was a bit on the small side, but I think that's because the bathrooms are so big, and I'm comparing them mainly to OKW which as the biggest DVC studios on property.
Overall would highly recommend, and can't wait to return!

Pros:

Beautiful room, exceptional theme, lovely grounds, and location...

Reviewer: robalzas Review Date: 08/29/2014

Our family visited Disney World July 27-August 3.The first 4 days were at Kidani Village and the last 3 days at the Villas of Grand Floridian. Original plans were for a full week at the Villas at the Grand Floridian during the second week of June. But because of the horrible weather we got in PA, extra days were added to the end of the school year so we had to push back our vacation and we lost the full week at this resort. This was a celebration for my son's graduation.

The grounds at the Villa's are so beautiful, the resort itself is stunning, the lobby and rooms just gorgeous. The rooms were spotless and everything worked as they should. My favourite was the bubble tub in the master bathroom. You really can't call it a Jacuzzi as there are no jets, this tub has little holes in the bottom. Letting loose a multitude of bubbles and it was fantastic. I love the tub! I requested a high floor, close to the elevator. Got the Fifth floor and close enough to the lift. Did not get a full water view, had the standard view which was a partial view of the parking lot, partial view of the Polynesian and Bay lake.

My husband and I had got a special Disney magic one morning as we sat outside near the lobby doors when we heard some clip-clops. Stood up to see the glass Cinderella carriage with the miniature horses pulling it. The Photography studio is just next door. Some lucky bride getting her dream come true!

The Gasparilla grill was a bit of a hike to get to. There is a bar next to the pool and has cup filling station when the bar is open. We swam at the pool closest to the Villas and watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the water. Could also see flotilla from that location.

All in all, our stay was wonderful. All our expectations were met and exceeded It is such a gorgeous place to stay. The staff is so friendly. My new favourite place to stay!

Pros:

Everything! The beauty of the grounds and the Villas.

Cons:

The quick service restaurant is a bit of a walk to get to.

Reviewer: angiem0217 Review Date: 02/19/2014

WOW is all I can say. We stayed 1 night in a studio and 4 nights in a 1 bedroom. This place is amazing. I have always wanted to stay at Grand Floridian but could never afford it. We are DVC members and stayed on points in low season and it was so worth the extra points. The rooms are great. My 6 year old son loved the pull down bed in the tv and also loved the built in tv in the bathroom mirror. The feature pool with waterslide is right by the villas and it is great. They also have a play area with small slides. My only complaint is there is no hot tub at the feature pool and you have to walk across the resort to the other pool to get in the hot tub. It is a pretty long walk back when you are wet and it is cold outside. We really could have just stayed at the resort the whole time. The studio had plenty of room for 3, but the 1 bedroom was awesome. We loved having the extra space.

Pros:

location, location, location!