Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Movies - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asmv.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewer: Sarahbella82 Review Date: 09/20/2018

All-Star Movies is made for those who love over the top theming, convenient (but limited) dining, and basic amenities. The value pricetag often means guests can afford to do the fun stuff - but it also means rooms aren\'t luxurious by any means, and things are frequently rough around the edges.

Pros:

Price, Food Court, Fun Theming, Outdoor Movies, Large Pools

Cons:

Some Wear and Tear, Limited Amenities, Busy Buses, Small Rooms

Reviewer: Sigmabelle Review Date: 09/11/2018

When we checked in we got our requested section - Herbie the Love bug. When we entered our room we were hit with the overwhelming smell of bleach. Before unpacking we inspected the room finding mold in the sink area and in the tub and toilet area (lots of it). We called the front desk and were immediately moved to a room in the Mighty Ducks section. The theme in all sections of this resort was super cute. Even the mighty ducks section grew on me over our few days here. Negatives of this resort:The Mold on room #1, Rooms very outdated they need some serious updating, Bathroom and sink area tiny. My husband and I had difficulty get ready in this space. Not sure how we would have managed if our kids came on this trip with us. Pluses: Our Location in the Mighty Ducks section made it very easy to access food court at all star music (resort next door) we were closer to that food court than our own. Size of the resort was great. I was expecting this resort to be much larger having previously stayed at Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and the Beach Club. Everything was a 5 min walk or less. We also liked the pool areas. The themes at the pools was very kids friendly. There was even a conveniently located kiddie pool. Great for toddlers. The best thing about this resort was how fantastic the bus services was. Never waited more than 10 mins for a bus ever...going to or coming back from the parks. Hoping Disney updates these rooms... Stayed in November 2017 and there were 2 adults. Would have given this resort a 7 or 7.5 however the mold in the room really brought this down to a 6.5 for us in rankings

Pros:

Bus Service & Resort Size

Cons:

Outdated Rooms, Bathroom Size and Mold!

Reviewer: lchilders Review Date: 01/30/2018

I traveled solo from 1/15/18 to 1/19/18. I requested a preferred room and was in the Fantasia section. I've stayed in all levels of resorts - from All Stars and Pop to Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach to the Grand Floridian and Yacht Club.

Check in wasn't horrible but a bit slower than I thought it would be. I did not do online check-in as I wanted to ensure a King room on the first floor. I was given a 3rd floor King room and they were able to accommodate the change to the 1st floor when I checked in.

The room was close to the food court and transportation. This resort is in need of updating - and soon! While the room was clean it was outdated and felt more like a Disneyfied Motel 6. The room was a perfect size for me and I was provided with a King size bed which gave the appearance of a larger room.

The few cast members that I interacted with were pleasant enough. The food court was good for breakfast and a quick treat at the end of the day. I did not eat lunch or dinner there during my stay.

I also did not use the pool as it was pretty chilly during my visit.

I would stay at Movies again once they have updated the rooms. The price was perfect for what I needed it for.

Pros:

Bus Service, Noise level

Cons:

Needs updating

Reviewer: jcmyers81 Review Date: 11/27/2017

We stayed here with five people (2 adults, 2 children under 10, and 1 infant). Requested and received a connecting room with others in our party. Room was not large, but certainly had enough space for our younger family. We used and enjoyed the pools, food court, bar, and transportation. All areas were clean and well-kept, though a little aged. The themeing was great for young kids. The food court was convenient and had enough selections for our family. It is basic cafeteria food, but it worked well for the two times we ate there. We used online check-in and didn't have to go to the front desk. Our room number was emailed right to us and we could use our magic bands to open the doors. All in all this was a great space for the value.

A side note, we only used the bus 2-3 times as we had our own vehicle. The few times we used it the busses were quick and drove right from the Movies resort directly to the parks and vice versa with no other stops.

Pros:

Value, Themeing, Cleanliness

Cons:

Reviewer: tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We had several issues with All Star Movies. I have never stayed at this resort before. I have stayed at the Polynesian, both Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the former Disney Institute prior all with no complaints. When we got to our room in the Dalmatian section, the bathroom light was flickering and had dead bugs in it. We “wasted” our first night there walking back to the main building to stand in a huge line at check-in to explain the situation. I did initially stand at the “express” check-in since we were already checked-in but the cast member, after telling her what the issue was, made me stand in the long normal check-in line. After we explained the situation the cast member was very nice explaining she’d send someone over right away to fix the issue and that she’d give us a $50 credit to use anywhere at Disney. We stayed outside our hotel room for an hour or so to give the mousekeeping crew a chance to fix our room. The others on our bus tour were staying in the Herbie section and had chemical smells in their rooms. They were telling me they had to re-locate. The last night of our trip my boyfriend and I decided to use our $50 credit towards a meal at Germany. I wrecked my sneakers walking there in the pouring rain only to get an $85.00 bill and be told by the waitress that I did not have a $50 credit on my account nor could she charge the bill to my room to straighten out the issue with the front desk. I had to put the large bill on my credit card, and was so upset I went into the bathroom crying over this and my boyfriend was wondering where I had gotten to. When we got back to the hotel late that night, I stood in another huge line to be told by the cast member that the $50 was taken off of the room bill. I explained this wasn’t what I was told and that we had traveled by a bus company. The cast member then checked with someone and then I was told something different --- that the wrong button had been pushed on the computer and that’s why my $50 credit didn’t show. I was given $50 cash but didn’t get an apology nor anything to compensate me for the hassle. I felt the Disney “magic” was very much lacking at this hotel.

Another concern with All Star Movies – the food court. The Saturday morning we were leaving there was no signage that we could see that listed the hours. A cast member eventually came up to us and was nice enough to tell us that they opened at 6:30am, which I thought was late (as we needed to be back by the Herbie section to catch our bus by 7:30am). We were standing in line to order our breakfast and the cast member asked me what I wanted to order but the menu wasn’t up yet. She let a woman jump in front of me because of the menu not being up yet. That wasn’t very fair.

Pros:

Dalmatian area decor

Cons:

Cast members, room issues, food court

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

Arrived for an 11 night stay on February 27, 2017. We had received a text message before our arrival that our room was ready. We avoided the check in desk and parked nearest to our room as possible. Magic Bands worked great getting into the room. We were in building 2, in the Mighty Ducks section. We had requested to be as close to transportation as possible. We had a standard room reservation and I believe we were as close to transportation as possible without paying for a preferred room. The room was clean. We had a king bed for the first time and loved that set up better than the two full/queens we've had on previous visits to other resorts. The carpet was slightly worn but it was clean so we didn't really care. The room smelled like it may have had a deep clean before our arrival. This was our third stay in a row in a value resort. And while the resort itself was fine for what we needed, we are tired of value resorts and will be booking moderate for our next trip. We only swam in the Mighty Ducks pool. It was a basic square pool with Mighty Duck accents around. The pool was always clean and warm. We enjoyed it very much. Being two adults we don't really have a need for a fancy pool and never actually swam in the main Fantasia pool. However it did look super cute.

Pros:

Clean, food court

Cons:

Reviewer: memakwed Review Date: 02/02/2017

We stayed Jan 30 since we were able to arrive a day early for our trip. We figured if we were going to arrive later in the evening and needed a hotel why not on property especially for the price. We paid $95 incl tax.we arrived around 9 pm. Check in was very fast. Our room was in mighty ducks, first floor. It was smaller than a moderate and we felt it was fine for the night for the three of us, 2adults and a soon to be 13 yr. Old. I wouldn't want to stay if our family was larger or for a longer time as souvenirs ECT keep getting added. It was clean and cute. The film theme was nice. The food court looked decent but we didn't eat there just grabbed some forks. The gift shop is a downer. I found it to lack selection compared to other shops in Disney hotels. Checkout was quick and efficient. The pools were closed during the time frame we were there. Mighty duck pool was only open 12-8. Fantasia I am not sure. We have done a late arrival stay at pop before and we liked this one much better as far as cleanliness and checkin checkout and how quiet it was for the amount of children. We would do tho again if we needed to.

Pros:

clean, affordable

Cons:

small rooms,

Reviewer: CinCin Review Date: 11/14/2016

This is a good solid product. Rooms were small but efficient and functional and contained everything I needed from double beds to a mini fridge and even an iron and ironing board. The theming is really cute and screams Disney so kids and kids at heart like me love it. This doesn't have all the luxuries and it is a basic room but it does provide a clean nice safe place to sleep and shower. Since I don't spend much time at the resort I don't mind that it isn't fancy and basics are all I need. The air conditioners work on motion sensors and will shut down during the day and at night while you are asleep and motionless. To prevent that get a balloon from the front desk to fool the sensor and the a/c will keep cooling. I discovered this after waking up hot and finding my air conditioning blowing warm air but a call to the front desk and a service call from maintenance a few minutes later fixed this and I was much more comfortable. All the staff that I encountered here from check in to check out and the maintenance crew, the housekeepers, the transportation and luggage services were all friendly and helpful and it was a very pleasant experience all around. There is reliable bus service with a times board with the bus arrival times posted for each destination at the bus stop outside. I only had breakfast at the food court but they had several stations with different offerings although it was pricey. The adult meals were around $11-12 per entrée and the bottled water was $3 so one fast food meal for one adult prices out at around $15. For fast food. That is pretty typical all over WDW though. I only dined here for breakfast but I was able to order kids meals for half the cost and still had plenty to eat and they came with a small water and fruit that the adult meals did not. I loved my week long stay and I would not hesitate to stay again. I was in the Love Bug section which looks far on a map but in reality was a short walk to the main building and bus stops. This resort isn't just for families but it was great for a solo traveler like myself and I enjoyed my stay. The buses do sometimes share with the other two All Star resorts but I did not have any complaints about the extra stops as they were on the way back from the park not going to it and they were short stops and it only took a few minutes for it to get through all three resorts the few times they did share a bus. During peak times they did not share and each resort had it's own bus. The time from departing the resort to the stop at the Magic Kingdom was 12 minutes even in heavy traffic as the buses had their own dedicated lanes for travel while cars would be backed up trying to get through the gates. This was a nice resort at a good price. It's not fancy but it's a great value for what you get and being in the Disney magical bubble.

Pros:

Great value, great staff, great service

Cons:

rooms small for more than one person, in need of decor and furnishings updates

Reviewer: featheredbuddy Review Date: 09/28/2016

Our stay here was only from Sept.9- 11 but we had a great experience. Our room was very clean and our waits for buses were very short.

Pros:

Cast members are really great

Reviewer: zsparkler Review Date: 07/19/2016

I have often stayed at Disney Value Resorts when I go to Disney World, but this time I was placed in the Country Fair building and I found I was disappointed by the quality of the room--it was clearly very old and due for a facelift. There was paint peeling from the walls, the carpet was worn bare, the sink had permanent brown stains, everything was badly dated, the mattress had clearly outlived its lifespan, the safe was not nearly deep enough to store anything of value except jewelry (I made my iPad fit, barely), and then on my second day, the RF Mickey on the front door fell off without my even touching it as I was leaving in the morning. While I understand that I booked a value resort, I have never seen a Disney hotel room that looked this bad. I say this having stayed at all of the All Star resorts, Pop Century, and the Art of Animation before. I found myself purposely avoiding my room. Of course I appreciate all the perks that staying on property afforded me, I simply was unhappy with this room. I suspect the Country Fair building is little used and therefore little cared for.

Pros:

Cheap

Cons:

Dirty, Needed repairs