Reviews of All Star Movies Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Movies - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asmv.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewer: grammie523 Review Date: 12/24/2018

LOVE the newly refurbished rooms at All Star Movies Resort! So much extra room and storage & now a coffee maker! Even though it is still the pod coffee maker, at least it has 1. We were in the Herbie the Love Bug Building 7 with 2 connecting rooms & it was very quiet back in this section & only a few minutes walk to the food court. With the pricing of everything going up at Disney, I will most definitely stay here again! Always stayed at Moderate or Deluxe before, but with having to have 2 rooms, went with the Movies Resort to save money, & am sure glad we did!

Pros:

More storage & new beds are awesome!

Cons:

NONE

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 12/23/2018

Refurbishment is mixed blessings.

Pros:

Each room does feel bigger and is lighter\brighter. Lots more storage space.

Cons:

A big .com is that with the exception of a banner like poster\picture above the main bed there is nothing else inside that says Disney. I want to be reminded even in my room that I am in the most magical place.

Reviewer: Hayls Review Date: 10/01/2018

kid friendly! Kids (and adults) will love all the different decor inside and outside of the rooms. It is also one of the cheaper resorts, but has more decorations than others!

Pros:

kid friendly, the themes/decorations, cheaper than other resorts, multiple pools to choose from!

Cons:

the walk can be far from your room to the main building (food court and bus stops)

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

love the All star resorts

Pros:

love the theming in the movies resort especially toy story area they also have a secret menu

Reviewer: disneydigis Review Date: 09/28/2018

We recently stayed in a newly refurbished room in a Toy Story building. Loved how modern and fresh the rooms are. When the Murphy bed is down the rooms are pretty small for 4 people, but the bathroom and dressing area was very spacious. We enjoyed the Toy Story theme and it is a great location to get to the bus stop and the dining hall. I am giving it an 8 because the bus waits were very long, we did appreciate the new app that lets you know approximately when the buses were coming. Sharing with AS Music and Sports during the day sometimes makes it hard to get on buses. Also for the first time ever our magic bands caused a lot of issues this trip which just wasted a lot of valuable park time.

Pros:

New, fresh rooms!

Cons:

Long bus waits

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

We stayed in All Star Sports resort this past May and had a wonderful time. The rooms were clean, the staff was amazing helped us with everything we needed.

Pros:

The rooms were very clean. Housekeeping were very accommodating and the overall staff was amazing. Characters during the day time for meet and greets were great. I ended up very sick came down with pneumonia and the front desk, resort manager were wonderful attending to my every need. I can not thank them enough for what they did, it was just myself and my son. He was so scared and they helped him to remain calm.

Cons:

Wish they had more of selection in the food court.

Reviewer: dawn Review Date: 09/26/2018

great budget family resort

Pros:

less expensive, bright and happy atmosphere, great for little ones!

Cons:

very busy with families and young kids, not the restful kind of resort

Reviewer: tmmartin Review Date: 09/26/2018

We stayed here for the first time in 2004 becaues of the Toy Story building. This coming November will likely be our \"last hurrah\", as my kids are now 16 and 19 (in college). The next time will be with grand babies. The theming is what brings us back. Yes the beds are small for us now, but this was the choice of the family. :)

Pros:

Best food court of the value hotels If you are there for the parks and not the hotel ameneties, this is the best value for your money. Save your money on the hotel and spend it on a great character meal - that will be a much better memory. :)

Cons:

beds are fulls, not queeens

Reviewer: Noreen Review Date: 09/26/2018

Great value - just visited - fun movie theming

Pros:

fun activities, great theming, good value

Cons:

Some renovation going on

Reviewer: Jeri Review Date: 09/26/2018

I love staying at Movies it’s always easy and very affordable

Pros:

Affordable love the atmosphere