Reviews of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Disney's Art of Animation Resort offers family suites.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_artan.htm

Video Tour of Rooms and Resort:

Reviewer: Melanie D Review Date: 10/01/2018

Art of Animation was the second value we have stayed at and we loved it. We stayed in a Cars suite and it was adorable. We will definitely stay here again.

Pros:

The theme is awesome. It was so cute seeing the kids with the statues from the films.

Cons:

Long walk at the end of the day to Mermaid and Cars rooms.

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

The best of the value resorts for sure! My middle child adored the Cars area. We took so many great pics there. The Nemo pool where you can hear music underwater is very cool. I do miss the lack of water slides when we choose a value over a moderate. We took a lot of pictures at all the different themed areas. Our room was great. We stayed in a standard Ariel room Our view was just landscape but it was pretty. The room met our needs and we had no issues with bus transportation at all. We weren't using it at the most popular times/parks though. Check in was great and my middle child enjoyed drawing on an easel while we waited. We checked out the shop and arcade area and it was all great - as expected at Disney. Pricey in shop but everything in Disney is.

Pros:

One of mine is a CARS fanatic so she loved that area! The Nemo pool was great.

Cons:

I can't think of any...well I guess we wish values had a water slide as a pool feature.

Reviewer: vickey t Review Date: 09/30/2018

Haven't been back since it opened as I am a DVC member but we had a blast. My son especially loved pulling down his bed and making the table disappear

Pros:

Colorful and lively

Cons:

food court at that time was a bit blah

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

rooms are so creative in the decorating
the pools are exceptional

Pros:

great food stations

Cons:

Little mermaid rooms are very far from food area

Reviewer: Lisalyn Review Date: 09/30/2018

I love this resort. The themes, the colors, the attention to detail - about as magical as it can get! Art of Animation exudes all that is Disney. The rooms themselves (be it the family suites or the Little Mermaid rooms) are adorable and fun!

Pros:

Newest Value. Fun interaction between guests and cast members. The food court and gift shop are probably best out of all the Values. There is so much to see and do around this resort from catching all the themes along the walk ways to the pool areas...you literally could spend a day here taking it all in...

Cons:

Very large resort area so if you are not in preferred room areas - the walk can be extremely tiring after 12 hour days in the parks. Other than that - no other con.

Reviewer: Jennifer D. Review Date: 09/29/2018

Wonderful resort. Theming is amazing. And food court is good.

Pros:

Themed rooms. Nemo pool. Food court.

Cons:

Bit of a hike if you are staying in a Little Mermaid room. But it's not terrible.

Reviewer: tlynn Review Date: 09/28/2018

Loved it!

Pros:

We were booked into the Lion King Suite. As a family of 6, it is often difficult to get accommodations where we can all stay in same room. With two full baths, a separate room for the parents, and wonderfully themed, this is a winner!!!

Reviewer: Dizerella Review Date: 09/27/2018

Overall great resort with awesome themed areas

Pros:

Great food court. The family suites are well designed and themed and offer lots of space for a family to spread out. And the smell in the lobby is so great!

Cons:

That currently (as that will be changing in 2018 with the Gondola opening) the only transport to the parks is busses and the lines are often long, meaning waiting for a second, or in rare cases, a third bus to come before you can get on. Busses ran very regularly though so wouldn't let that deter you from staying here. We often just made us of Uber or Lyft when the lines for the bus were long.

Reviewer: BareNecessities Review Date: 09/27/2018

We stayed without kids in the Little Mermaid section (standard room, not suite), during March 2018. I loved the theming at this resort! The walk from the main area to our Little Mermaid room was very manageable, even with a freshly injured leg, and sent us walking past really great Lion King theming as well. The main pool area theming was outstanding. Do not miss a chance to just sit there, and soak it all in. Vacation is about escape, and we did! Even without kids! The room was comfortable even though it's small. I'd recommend WDW put hooks along the vanity curtain area, for true privacy if you want to dress in that area privately, as the curtains don't sit flush against the wall. I even spent some time and soaked in the bath tub to enjoy the theming in there! I would not have made this WDW trip at all, if I hadn't been able to find Value prices with good accommodation on property, because, although I've stayed concierge level at Beach Club in years past, we couldn't manage that this time. We stay on property for the safety, theming, access, and quality that comes even at the lowest price points (unlike the lowest prices at neighbouring hotels). There were no glitches this trip, although we did encounter the new fee for packages sent here ahead of us, and some long lines (even though we had done online check-in). I really appreciate the effort being made for quality, in value resorts, especially to meet the healthier food choices that some of us absolutely need, and many of us want. They had a really tasty spinach dish that I hope to enjoy again on my next visit. Lower prices should equate with fewer services, not subpar quality.

Pros:

Well themed, good quality even at the lowest prices.

Cons:

curtain needs to have a hook to secure the privacy of the dressing area.

Reviewer: nkwyatt Review Date: 09/27/2018

I've stayed at this resort twice -- I did not enjoy either stay. The first visit was shortly after the resort opened and we stayed in a standard room (there is no preferred room option) in the Little Mermaid area of the resort. The walk to/from these buildings was excruciatingly long -- seemed like about 15 minutes which may not be that long to some but......if you forget something and have to return to your room it makes for a very bad experience. Also, the resort refillable mugs are basically useless because there is no quick trip to the foodcourt for a refill -- it's a 15 minute walk minimum. The same is true for a trip to the gift shop. Therefore, when I went back for my second trip, I paid the higher price and stayed in a suite -- again, not a good experience. The design of these rooms can only be described as cluttered. The sofa was not a full-size sofa so it accommodates seating for only 2 guests. The "side chair" is more like a chair you would find at the dining table and is not conducive for watching TV or resting. The table and chairs take up most of the entry way and cannot be used if the Murphy bed is down. The "kitchenette" is tiny and right in the middle of the living area. Guests who will be sleeping on the pullouts have no place to store their luggage other than right in the middle of the living area. The side tables in the living area were tiny and useless. To put it mildly, we hated this resort and hope never to stay there again.

Pros:

Sadly, I can't find much that is positive to say about Art of Animation. The airline check-in personnel were friendly and efficient.

Cons:

Everything -- crowded rooms; long walks to/from the foodcourt, buses, gift shops. Poor selections/not much variety in the foodcourt.