Reviews of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Disney's Art of Animation Resort offers family suites.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_artan.htm

Video Tour of Rooms and Resort:

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

The best of the value resorts for sure! My middle child adored the Cars area. We took so many great pics there. The Nemo pool where you can hear music underwater is very cool. I do miss the lack of water slides when we choose a value over a moderate. We took a lot of pictures at all the different themed areas. Our room was great. We stayed in a standard Ariel room Our view was just landscape but it was pretty. The room met our needs and we had no issues with bus transportation at all. We weren't using it at the most popular times/parks though. Check in was great and my middle child enjoyed drawing on an easel while we waited. We checked out the shop and arcade area and it was all great - as expected at Disney. Pricey in shop but everything in Disney is.

Pros:

One of mine is a CARS fanatic so she loved that area! The Nemo pool was great.

Cons:

I can't think of any...well I guess we wish values had a water slide as a pool feature.

Reviewer: Jennifer D. Review Date: 09/29/2018

Wonderful resort. Theming is amazing. And food court is good.

Pros:

Themed rooms. Nemo pool. Food court.

Cons:

Bit of a hike if you are staying in a Little Mermaid room. But it's not terrible.

Reviewer: CustodialQueen Review Date: 09/25/2018

This resort is fantastic! If you are staying at a value resort, this is the way to go. The theming is perfect for all ages; we stayed in a Cars suite and it was adorable.

This area of the resort is the most immersive, in my opinion. There is a Cozy Cone Motel pool with cone cabanas. There are many photo ops with almost every major character from the film - Lightning McQueen, Sally, Mater, Luigi, Guido, Sarge, Doc. They are life-sized and detailed just as you would expect from Disney. The rooms take the theming to a whole new level, unlike the other value resorts which go for a more streamlined effect. Our room had Cozy Cone lamps, toolbox styled furniture, and even themed shower curtains.

It is worth it to even come visit and take a bus ride over if you have little fans of Cars, Lion King, Finding Nemo, or the Little Mermaid. Each area has life-sized photo-ops that make for great photos.

The check-in, food court, and sundries shop are all combined in a manner identical to other value resorts. The food was the same Disney value resort offerings, but they did have some different offerings as well.

Pros:

Fantastic theming! Amazing photo-ops! Rooms are ultra-themed unlike some of the other value resorts.

Reviewer: pwood78 Review Date: 10/03/2016

We stayed in the Lion King Suites in Building 6 on the 1st floor. We requested 1st floor, near transportation...and we got it. It was a quick walk to the buses, food court, Nemo pool.

We loved the theming. The room was spacious, the beds were super comfy. Ok, so the sofa bed wasn't that comfy because it was hard, but there wasn't that annoying bar going across your back. The 2 bathrooms were great.

Mousekeeping came in early each morning to clean.

We loved swimming in the big blue pool in the Nemo section. The resort was so big, and we spent so much time walking in the parks, we didn't even make it to the Cars or Little Mermaid sections to check them out.

The food in the food court was all delicious. We had breakfast and dinner. The cheeseburger, the surf and surf burger, the meatball sub, the pizza, pancakes, french toast....alllllll yummy!

The buses ran quickly, we never waited longer than 5 minutes the entire week. Coming or going.

We stayed Sept 24-30. The first night we arrived, we took the bus to MK to transfer to Monorail to have dinner at 1900 Park Fare. There was a major car accident, luckily we caught the bus quickly, and the bus driver packed in as many people as he could because he knew that anyone left behind would have a really long wait before the next bus arrived. Some people were angry about packing us in, but once we passed the scene of the accident everyone understood.

I would definitely recommend this resort.

Like I said the con was that when sleeping on the murphy bed near the door in the mornings or late at night I could hear people in the hallway, but it wasn't a lot, basically people coming in or leaving to go to the parks.

Pros:

Cons:

Hear noise from hallway sometimes

Reviewer: jersue96 Review Date: 09/21/2016

We just got back from an amazing stay at WDW! We were originally booked @ POR. We had some issues and were eventually given a Cars Suite due to most of the day spent moving from resort to resort. We have stayed here before in a Mermaid room and loved it! We were very happy with the Cars Suite! The room was very clean, we had 2 bathrooms and a bed for everyone! We were in building 1. The view was amazing! It was a very quite room. We had folks above us and below us and never heard anything! I would recommend this resort to everyone because it has a little bit of something for all! The food court was great! My husband had the made to order omlet and loved it! I had the pasta and it was delicious. The food choices were great! We had a blast in the pool! It was a lot of fun sitting in the low end and watching the fire works the last night of our stay! We loved this resort so much that we booked a Mermaid room for the end of December! Can't wait to go back!

Pros:

A stones throw from everything!

Cons:

Not one thing!

Reviewer: janisgos Review Date: 11/18/2015

We stayed at AoA in the Little Mermaid Section. We were in Building 7 (Ursala) on the second floor. The LM had its own pool. The view of the lake every day was wonderful. The walk to the food court and the buses is only 5 minutes. The CMs were so helpful and nice! We loved the healthy options at the food court as well. The rooms were decorated in such a fun style! It was a mother and daughter get away. We picked the right hotel for our trip. We have decided that this is our favorite value hotel!

Pros:

Food Court, Bus transportation, CM, Views

Reviewer: JoeyO11 Review Date: 08/22/2014

We stayed here with a family of 4 in the cars suite from aug 14th to aug 19th. Great location to and from the food court and buses. We had a small pool the cozy cone right out side of the building we were in. Breakfast and dinners are tough because of the crowded food court. House keeping was great. Room always clean. Themed Cars room was awesome. kids loved sleeping in the pull down bed. Overall it's a great room for the space you get.

Pros:

Great pool. Great Atmosphere

Cons:

Food court crowded

Reviewer: mamalydia Review Date: 12/18/2013

This is our send visit. This time we stayed at the CARS, and last visit we were at FINDING NEMO. These are the best locations, since they are close to the main entrance, and right next to the large pools! We had 3 adults this visit, and having the seperate bedroom was very convenient! having the small refrigerator and microwave is a plus...and definitely with the price to have a 2nd full bathroom!!! LOVE this hotel! You will not be disappointed!!

Pros:

great accomodations, spacious suites at a great price

Reviewer: mbcarol5 Review Date: 10/21/2013

The resort was wonderful!! We had plenty of room for 4 adults and 2 children. The kids and I adored our stay and would stay here again. I loved all the colors and music. CMs were very helpful and friendly. It was handy to all of the parks except AK.

Pros:

vey colorful, music everywhere!!

Cons:

scratchy TP

Reviewer: jamesilkstone Review Date: 09/08/2013

I stayed at Art of Animation (AoA) in June 2013 and absolutely loved my stay here.

Having added an additional member to my party just prior to arriving, there must have been a mix up with my reservation and when I got to the front desk, they informed me that I wasn't due to check-in for another two days. This took some time to sort out as well as my own efforts finding the confirmation emails that showed I was checking in that day. However, this mistake was not the hotels, and although it took them some time to fix, they made up for this by upgrading me from a Little Mermaid room to a Cars suite. This was amazing service and was so much more than I ever expected to receive.

From then on there were no more errors, just great experiences...

The suite itself was spacious with an amazing living area and a large master bedroom. The fact that the room had two bathrooms really helped to speed things up on a morning or before heading out for dinner. We are big fans of tea and coffee and quickly used up our supplies, but the front desk were happy and incredibly fast at responding to our request for replacements - this was also true with a request for additional pillows.

Our favourite aspect of staying in the Cars wing had to be the pool. The pool was themed around the Cozy Cone Motel in the Cars films and had around 8-10 cabanas in the shape of cones! This made for great shade during the day if you needed a little break from the sun. In addition, the life guards at this pool were so attentive that I never had any hesitations over safety.

I've read a few reviews that talk of the AoA food court negatively, however, I cannot agree with this. My experience at Landscape of Flavors was only positive. For breakfast I tried waffles with bacon and sausage and yoghurt pavlova (which you personalise). Both were great - the yogurt was particularly good!
For lunch I tried the make-your-own-pasta - this was delicious with so many options available, including some great seafood! It was a bautiful meal that I would never expect from a value resort. There were so many other options, many which I have forgotten, but I never had a bad meal. I also ordered pizza to my room one night with chicken wings - also brilliant!!

The bus service was also wonderful - one of the main reasons I chose to stay at AoA was because it had its own dedicated transport and it didn't disappoint. My longest wait was around 10 minutes, but other than that, the busses came frequently and they didn't stop at any other resort.

in addition, one day i got in the pool with my iPhone in my pocket (disaster). I quickly got out and visited the food court - the cast members were so friendly and helpful and quickly delivered me some dry rice and a cup to pop my phone in. Thankfully, due to the cast members speed, the phone fully recovered!

I absolutely loved my stay at AoA, so much that I've booked to return this November and I've spent the extra money to stay in a suite. Believe me - it's worth it. i would recommend it to everyone!

Pros:

Great pools and spacious suites