Reviews of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Disney's Art of Animation Resort offers family suites.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_artan.htm

Video Tour of Rooms and Resort:

Reviewed by DisRunner Review Date: 05/27/2019

My second favorite resort. Between this resort and Pop Century, I would recommend staying here. If you have a large family or older teens and adult children in your party, go with the suites. You have one bedroom, a pull-down table bed, and the pull-out sofa bed. The suites also have a coffee pot and microwave in the room along with some disposable dishes. You also get two bathrooms in the suites which comes in handy. The cast members provided great guest service, were curteous, and helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros:

Suites, microwave in the suites, great theming. The Cars Suites are great and the Cars Displays are great. Kids and adults alike will like this resort.

Cons:

No restaurant onsite

Reviewed by jcricket123 Review Date: 04/21/2019

We love this resort for the expansive size of its accommodations as well as the theming. It has it all with room to stretch out for everyone. The comfort of having privacy with a master and 2 full sized bathrooms was the best after a long day in the parks. Walking the grounds was fun to explore for everyone.

Pros:

Wonderful staff, great pool areas, unique gift shop, fun Disney theming.

Cons:

Only buses for transportation-soon to be changed by the gondolas!

Reviewed by NotMickeyMouse Review Date: 04/17/2019

For being my first resort it was amazing. All the cast members were helping everybody there, they were paying attention and working really good. The food was amazing, my favorite dish was the do it yourself pasta with all that choices I was happy. The pool was also amazing because when you submerged your head you could hear a song and it was funny when we discovered it.

Pros:

For big families. Budget friendly. Amazing rooms and food.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by NotMickeyMouse Review Date: 04/17/2019

I liked this resort a lot it was amazing, everyday there was something new to do and to explore, the theme of the resort I liked it a lot, it was budget friendly and for big families, all the cast members there gave you all the attention to make it a good experience and for your safety. Something that I liked a lot was the pool that when you submerged your head you can hear music playing under the water and it was amazing (I want to know how that works). The food even if I didn\\'t ate that much in the food court because my mom bought food in other stores it was very nice, I tasted the DIY pasta and for having so much to choose it was all great, and for what I looked at the menu when I was there it was good what it got.
The store had good stuff I liked it all too bad I didn\\'t bought it when I was there but well for the next time I\\'ll do it.

Pros:

Good food. Good for big families. Good store.

Cons:

You have to walk a lot if you are in a small group

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

The best of the value resorts for sure! My middle child adored the Cars area. We took so many great pics there. The Nemo pool where you can hear music underwater is very cool. I do miss the lack of water slides when we choose a value over a moderate. We took a lot of pictures at all the different themed areas. Our room was great. We stayed in a standard Ariel room Our view was just landscape but it was pretty. The room met our needs and we had no issues with bus transportation at all. We weren't using it at the most popular times/parks though. Check in was great and my middle child enjoyed drawing on an easel while we waited. We checked out the shop and arcade area and it was all great - as expected at Disney. Pricey in shop but everything in Disney is.

Pros:

One of mine is a CARS fanatic so she loved that area! The Nemo pool was great.

Cons:

I can't think of any...well I guess we wish values had a water slide as a pool feature.

Reviewed by Jennifer D. Review Date: 09/29/2018

Wonderful resort. Theming is amazing. And food court is good.

Pros:

Themed rooms. Nemo pool. Food court.

Cons:

Bit of a hike if you are staying in a Little Mermaid room. But it's not terrible.

Reviewed by CustodialQueen Review Date: 09/25/2018

This resort is fantastic! If you are staying at a value resort, this is the way to go. The theming is perfect for all ages; we stayed in a Cars suite and it was adorable.

This area of the resort is the most immersive, in my opinion. There is a Cozy Cone Motel pool with cone cabanas. There are many photo ops with almost every major character from the film - Lightning McQueen, Sally, Mater, Luigi, Guido, Sarge, Doc. They are life-sized and detailed just as you would expect from Disney. The rooms take the theming to a whole new level, unlike the other value resorts which go for a more streamlined effect. Our room had Cozy Cone lamps, toolbox styled furniture, and even themed shower curtains.

It is worth it to even come visit and take a bus ride over if you have little fans of Cars, Lion King, Finding Nemo, or the Little Mermaid. Each area has life-sized photo-ops that make for great photos.

The check-in, food court, and sundries shop are all combined in a manner identical to other value resorts. The food was the same Disney value resort offerings, but they did have some different offerings as well.

Pros:

Fantastic theming! Amazing photo-ops! Rooms are ultra-themed unlike some of the other value resorts.

Reviewed by pwood78 Review Date: 10/03/2016

We stayed in the Lion King Suites in Building 6 on the 1st floor. We requested 1st floor, near transportation...and we got it. It was a quick walk to the buses, food court, Nemo pool.

We loved the theming. The room was spacious, the beds were super comfy. Ok, so the sofa bed wasn't that comfy because it was hard, but there wasn't that annoying bar going across your back. The 2 bathrooms were great.

Mousekeeping came in early each morning to clean.

We loved swimming in the big blue pool in the Nemo section. The resort was so big, and we spent so much time walking in the parks, we didn't even make it to the Cars or Little Mermaid sections to check them out.

The food in the food court was all delicious. We had breakfast and dinner. The cheeseburger, the surf and surf burger, the meatball sub, the pizza, pancakes, french toast....alllllll yummy!

The buses ran quickly, we never waited longer than 5 minutes the entire week. Coming or going.

We stayed Sept 24-30. The first night we arrived, we took the bus to MK to transfer to Monorail to have dinner at 1900 Park Fare. There was a major car accident, luckily we caught the bus quickly, and the bus driver packed in as many people as he could because he knew that anyone left behind would have a really long wait before the next bus arrived. Some people were angry about packing us in, but once we passed the scene of the accident everyone understood.

I would definitely recommend this resort.

Like I said the con was that when sleeping on the murphy bed near the door in the mornings or late at night I could hear people in the hallway, but it wasn't a lot, basically people coming in or leaving to go to the parks.

Pros:

Cons:

Hear noise from hallway sometimes

Reviewed by jersue96 Review Date: 09/21/2016

We just got back from an amazing stay at WDW! We were originally booked @ POR. We had some issues and were eventually given a Cars Suite due to most of the day spent moving from resort to resort. We have stayed here before in a Mermaid room and loved it! We were very happy with the Cars Suite! The room was very clean, we had 2 bathrooms and a bed for everyone! We were in building 1. The view was amazing! It was a very quite room. We had folks above us and below us and never heard anything! I would recommend this resort to everyone because it has a little bit of something for all! The food court was great! My husband had the made to order omlet and loved it! I had the pasta and it was delicious. The food choices were great! We had a blast in the pool! It was a lot of fun sitting in the low end and watching the fire works the last night of our stay! We loved this resort so much that we booked a Mermaid room for the end of December! Can't wait to go back!

Pros:

A stones throw from everything!

Cons:

Not one thing!

Reviewed by janisgos Review Date: 11/18/2015

We stayed at AoA in the Little Mermaid Section. We were in Building 7 (Ursala) on the second floor. The LM had its own pool. The view of the lake every day was wonderful. The walk to the food court and the buses is only 5 minutes. The CMs were so helpful and nice! We loved the healthy options at the food court as well. The rooms were decorated in such a fun style! It was a mother and daughter get away. We picked the right hotel for our trip. We have decided that this is our favorite value hotel!

Pros:

Food Court, Bus transportation, CM, Views

Cons:

—