Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House (Deluxe Resort)

Animal Kingdom Lodge - A Disney Deluxe Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_akl.htm

Resort Videos: http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-deluxe.htm

Reviewed by SNT Review Date: 06/13/2019

This resort is simply magical! The lobby is stunning, the savanna breathtaking. I felt like a little kid, always checking to see what new animal was outside!

We paid for a savanna view and I think that’s the only way to go. We had giraffes outside our balcony constantly, in addition to birds, zebras and other incredible wildlife.

For the price, the rooms leave much to be desired but that’s Disney. The bathroom was extremely small (toilet and shower) and not well lit. The theming of the room is nice but I think more could be done. Our tv didn’t work (which I couldn’t care less about but my husband was hoping to watch golf on our downtime). For the price you pay, it would be wonderful if the rooms could be bigger and the bathrooms made to be luxurious, rather than standard hotel bathrooms.

The transportation by bus only is not ideal but you know what you are agreeing to when you book at AKL.

Overall, I think AKL is worth it for the savanna experience. It is truly unique and I would absolutely stay there again.

Pros:

The views, the lobby, two of some of the highest rated Disney restaurants on property, gigantic pool, magical atmosphere

Cons:

Small, standard bathrooms. Distance from parks and transportation by bus only. Price

Reviewed by travelgurl Review Date: 06/11/2019

I recently stayed here for 4 nights, the lobby and common areas were beautiful and relaxing. I had a standard room with 1 queen and bunkbeds which would be great for families. The room was nice sized. The light in the shower was a bit dim and there is no fan to remove the steam. I had a parking lot view and each morning had to deal with lots of bus noise. I am not sure for this view I would pay the money they want.

Pros:

Great food. Where else are you going to see animal up close. Nice pool area, beautifully decorated.

Cons:

Only has bus transportation. Price high unless you able to get a view of the savanna. Distance from everything.

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 06/07/2019

We booked a standard view room, but to our surprise, we received an upgrade to a Savanna View room. We arrived after 3 pm, but our room was not ready, the front desk stated we would receive a text however, we never received a text and we had to check in with the front desk around 8 after we returned from Disney Springs. The hotel lobby and grounds are exquisite and all the Cast Members we encountered were very helpful and pleasant. We never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a bus and the majority of the times the buses were not packed. The only cons – the sink/shower area are very dark and the room seemed a little dusty.

Pros:

Savanna Views/Animals. Cast Members

Cons:

Dark room. Housekeeping

Reviewed by fdmarks Review Date: 04/13/2019

If it wasn't for the animals, no one would probably want to stay here. If you don't rent a car, the bus rides are over packed and dangerous for the standing little children. The time to get to the parks are outrageously long and extremely unpleasant. The front desk cast member was very incompetent and could not print my Southwest boarding pass. She also outright lied about issues with the boarding pass. and did not know that I had talked to her supervisor, who had ad no problems with printing the passes out while I waited. There were no USB outlets in the room and the same front desk cast member (Rashida) said that she did not know what a USB outlet was. There needs to be some extra training for the people who cannot do their job. The room was 4963 and it was at the end of the horseshoe of Arushna savannah. This made the trek to Mara for refills a monumental task. Will not stay here ever again

Pros:

Excellent housekeeping and views of the animals Great restaurants

Cons:

Incompetent staff who lie to cover up their deficiencies. Too far from parks. Lousy bus transportation. No USB ports. General uncaring attitude that you can sense

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2018

Stayed here 12-26 September 2018. Main pool is being refurbished so used one at Kidani Village. Either a 10 minute walk or a quick shuttle ride away. It was very busy and felt a bit cramped but it was a swimming pool. On checking in we were assigned a room with bunk beds and a queen bed which was unsuitable, so were switched to a room with two queen beds. It overlooks the Jambo House pool (out of order as being refurbished, but we knew this already) and it really was a lovely room. A bit of a hike to get food/drinks, but the food was good so no complaints! However, the bus service at this hotel left a lot to be desired. Although there is a tracker system, and it was working, the buses did not always arrive when they were scheduled to, and we waited 45 minutes for a bus to Disney Springs. It takes roughly 20 minutes to get anywhere by bus from Jambo House - with the obvious exception of the Animal Kingdom itself - but we allowed an 75 minutes to get from AKL to Paradiso 37 in Disney Springs. We were late for our lunch reservation and our table was given to others. Similarly for buses to Magic Kingdom (night of Halloween Party and EPCOT). We waited 40 minutes again for a bus to MK in order to transfer to a boat to take us to the Contemporary for dinner. When I complained about the bus service, I was informed I could use the limo - at $25 per journey! We also just made a dinner reservation at EPCOT - again after a long wait, and no-one on hand to address queries to. Every time I looked at the bus tracker another 5 or 10 minutes were added to the bus's expected arrival time. There were people on hand in the morning to check that everyone got to whatever destination they wanted - then they disappeared and guests were left to deal with buses that were horribly late or didn't show up. For the £££ we spent on this two week holiday - I expected more.

Pros:

Lovely hotel, great rooms, excellent food, wonderful staff.

Cons:

Buses

Reviewed by Melanie D Review Date: 10/01/2018

I loved this resort. It's so beautiful and the food choices are amazing.

Pros:

Covered walkways so you won't get wet walking to your room from the bus or restaurants. Lots of food choices for adventurous eaters.

Cons:

It's really large.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We like staying here at Christmas the lobby is beautiful! All the levels of eating places are exceptional. Love sitting the the balcony and watching the animals.

Pros:

watching animals eating places

Cons:

rooms are very dark bathroom very small

Reviewed by SophieR Review Date: 09/30/2018

My family and I have loved this resort! The lobby is amazing by day and night, the surroundings are amazing and the chance to view animals all day is incredible. We booked a standard room, but were upgraded to a savanna view with a bunk bed, which made my 6 years old son very happy. The room was large and clean, we had a good view of the animals from the balcony. Short distance to the restaurants, we ate at all of them, had a great dinner at Jiko and the best meal of my life at Sanaa; try the bread service! We enjoyed both pools, at Jambo and Kidani, but my son preferred the slide at the Kidani pool. Good bus service, never waited more than 10 minutes. We are going back in 2019, looking forward to it!

Pros:

View of the animals, Sanaa, Jiko, both pools at Kidani and Jambi House, nice gift shop.

Cons:

Not so good wifi service

Reviewed by sandra loveless Review Date: 09/30/2018

This resort is sooooo educational and quest friendly!

Pros:

friendliness of staff. design of resort

Cons:

location

Reviewed by LindaHH Review Date: 09/30/2018

AKL Jambonis probably our favorite Disney resort, we just love it there! The lobby is spectacular, the hotel itself is almost like a mini museum with African artifacts scattered about and descriptions on the wall of what they are and are used for. There are several animal viewing areas scattered around the resort, which is great, especially if you don’t have a savanna view room.

The pool is lovely and the restaurants are among the best on Disney property. The gift shop is one of our favorites, too. There is no experience around, that I’m aware of, that is like sitting out on your savanna view balcony with a cup of coffee or glass of wine and watching the animals wander about the savanna just feet away. It’s really breathtaking! The only bad thing is that often times we get so wrapped up in this, we don’t want to leave to go to the parks.

Pros:

Restaurants, lobby, gift shop, pools, animals and animal viewing areas - pretty much everything.

Cons:

The only form of transportation to the parks is via bus, unless you are driving your own car.