Reviews of Walt Disney World Swan (Deluxe Resort)

A Starwood Resort operated by Westin located within walking distance of Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_swan.htm

Reviewer: EAP Review Date: 09/30/2018

The Swan is a fantastic Disney option. It’s extremely convenient to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. It has very good restaurant options, ranging from quick service to fine dining (Il Mulino perhaps being the best). The rooms have all been recently updated. The pool/beach complex is large and beautifully kept. All that plus SPG/Marriott Rewards Points. What more could you ask for?

Pros:

Rewards program, lots of dining options, lovely pool, updated rooms

Cons:

Parking fees and resort fees

Reviewer: DisneyMom Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I stayed for two nights (9/21 -9/23) in a king room. We really loved the experience. Very comfortable bed and room in general. My favorite part was walking to and from Epcot, especially in the evening when all the activities were happening at the boardwalk. As another reviewer mentioned, you definitely need to ask about all the extra fees and take them into account when planning, we had some sticker shock upon receiving the bill.

Pros:

Location! Nice amenities, quality bedding and great toiletries.

Cons:

Extra fees outside the advertised price

Reviewer: Suzette Review Date: 06/28/2017

I stayed at the Walt Disney World Swan for FREE thanks to my Travelpointology Plans at Travelpointology.com. I stayed for 6 nights with my daughter in a two queen room that was beautiful. We walked to Epcot, took a boat to Hollywood studios, ate at the boardwalk bakery. I cannot say enough about this hotel. The price was definitely right but even if I paid, I would stay there again!

Pros:

the location is amazing, newly renovated

Reviewer: Samwaite Review Date: 10/16/2016

The hotel is very nice, as one would expect at this price point. You'd also expect the rooms to be mechanically correct at this price point, but not necessarily. Ours had 2 issues - a toilet that gurgled loudly and belched up water from the bowl onto the floor several times a night; and about half the electrical outlets didn't work.

Another issue is additional costs. The quoted rates don't include the mandatory resort fees, parking and the taxes imposed on those charges. You'll end up paying $80 - 100 more per night, depending on the room rate you're paying (maybe more for the highest rates).

When you drive into the driveway, if you choose to self-park, you might think you can briefly park outside the marked valet area and unload your luggage and check in. You'll be confronted rudely by the valet staff and their supervisors if you do. I tried parking well outside the marked area (nearly to the end of the driveway), and had a very unpleasant encounter with the valets. I tried explaining that I just wanted to take my bags in and then park in the parking lot, but they would have nothing of it. Be warned and bring your muscles, because you'll have to carry your bags from the very far away self parking lot. They claimed it was for traffic control, but I saw large trucks and buses parked in the same area for long periods, and there was no issue. Just be aware that the hotel lets these guys run their own hustle out front. If the entire driveway is valet only, then they should mark it that way and avoid these confrontations. I've traveled all over the country and never had an issue briefly parking out front to check in. Just be forewarned.

Pros:

Location, transportation options

Cons:

additional costs, rude valets, mechanical problems in room

Reviewer: bjtrax Review Date: 04/21/2016

Stayed at the Swan April2-9. Location graet- walked to Studios, Epcot, Boardwalk. Bus service OK. Beautiful, newly renovated room. The 2 sinks are nice to have. Pool areas nice and all of staff friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay at the Swan again!

Pros:

Location, staff, pool areas

Reviewer: PolynesianStitch Review Date: 03/12/2016

Superbly comfortable beds, staff was outstanding. They were always very accommodating. Check in was extremely quick. Seemed to be some renovation going on, but other than that a very good trip.

Pros:

beds, service

Reviewer: GrandmaKristi Review Date: 06/02/2015

54th Anniversary Celebration

My husband and I celebrated our 54th anniversary with a trip to Disney World. Our “go to” resort for many years now is the Swan & Dolphin Resort. We love the atmosphere, the proximity to EPCOT and The Studios, the wonderful restaurant and lounge choices, but mainly the warmth and welcome of their staff. Tony Porcellini, Director of Food and Beverage, and his staff outdid themselves again with their warm welcome and attention to detail. The Swan & Dolphin has our overall favorite food and drinks on Disney property. We spent a very pleasant and entertaining first evening at the Kimono’s bar with our favorite bartender, Chris Deutsch. He is one of those people with a very engaging personality while constantly on the move, keeping everyone happy! Our daughter joined us the next evening (back again to Kimono’s) and we had a great time. Friday night we had dinner at bluezoo – Chad Lobner, Asst. Director of Restaurants, took great care of us (he has been a big help many times over the years). Our server, Karen Newman, and her asst., Khalid El Faghloumi, were so attentive and pleasant. Chef Joab Moyeno came out to greet us and explain his very delicious octopus “amuse bouche.” Pastry Chef Shannon Sherry described her fantastic dessert creations to us. All of these talented, capable professionals made our anniversary celebration something very special. Thank you Tony and your wonderful staff!!

Pros:

Great Location, Great Staff, Great Food & Drink

Reviewer: mayers Review Date: 02/09/2014

We stayed there from 04.02.2014 to 07.02.2014 and I'm pretty satisfied with what the hotel offered. This time we spent the time without our kids. The queen bed was one of the things I liked the most. Some people said before that they got the feeling of an upscale resort, which also applies to us. One of the best things is definitely the pool area, with the bar and especially the good service. Minimal waiting times and nice food. We're definitely going to visit it again.
The only reason I'll rate it with 8 are the prices. I checked some sites for cheap offers and found one, maybe I didn't notice the fact they didn't include tax, so we had a couple of unpleasant minutes when we arrived. In the end they made a small discount for us, since we were planning to stay only until the weekend, maybe they were expecting less people in that period. However, I would definitely recommend it.

Pros:

Great beds, nice service, good location and perfect food