Reviews of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_dxl.htm

Detailed Photo Blog:

Reviewed by DebQ Review Date: 06/12/2019

We have stayed many times over the years at POR. Love the landscape, amenities and activities. Really like the curtain separating the bathroom area from the bedroom area - so as not to disturb others who are trying to sleep. Love the fact that they have multiple pools - as the main pool is usually crowded. This is a large resort that requires a good deal of walking - so keep that in mind when booking. This is our "go to" moderate resort.

Pros:

room size, amenities, service, variety in the food court

Cons:

walking distance to main lobby area

Reviewed by plipari Review Date: 04/24/2019

My family of four very much enjoyed POR. The size of the resort, environment and amenities were perfect for us.

Pros:

Alligator Bayou room slept 5 with pull down Lush landscaping made us feel like we were truly at a resort Good food court and delicious dinner at Boatwrights

Cons:

Long-ish walk to main buildings Boat ride to Disney Springs was overrated. The wait for the boat and boat ride itself took longer than expected. We took a bus back to resort.

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Beautiful moderate resort.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds. Nice accommodations.

Cons:

Long walk to main building from some locations.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2019

Love Port Orleans. We have stayed there since it opened as Dixie Landings stayed both riverside and the other side which I forget what it was called. Always a great place to stay, nice large food court, 4 bus stops beautiful rooms too.

Pros:

Plenty of bus stops, nice landscaping, large food court, plenty of pools

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside over 15 times. We started staying there when the resort was called “Dixie Landings.” We have stayed at other Disney resorts but we have returned to this resort over and over. Amenities are fantastic. You can feel secure but yet in the middle of it all without being overwhelmed by the crowds. You are not that far from the pool or Boatwrights or any other part of the resort. Our favorite thing is to take the pontoon ride down to “Disney Springs.” Believe it or not, this is the highlight of our trip in many cases. When you round the bend especially in the evening as you are pulling into Disney Springs you receive a rush of excitement and anticipation. Plus it is so relaxing. Stay here for sure the next time you visit Disney

Pros:

Amenities, location, safety, convenience, clean

Cons:

Actually non we can think of

Reviewed by KBG Review Date: 04/17/2019

Love this resort so. Ugh that we do just a resort stay here! Very serene,good pools, good choices in food court,on site resteraunt was fabulous,room was beautiful and so comfortable,easy transportation to Disney Springs!

Pros:

Food,transportation- wonderful CM's!

Cons:

Gee can't think of any!

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 11/11/2018

We spent half our visit at All Star Sports and half at POR. I noticed POR lacked an alarm clock and had 1 less garbage can. The pillows were flat and horrible at both locations. The bed at POR was a little firmer than at Sports so that was a big improvement for me.

POR is a nice resort if you like long walks along a river, seeing horse drawn carriages go by, or taking a boat ride to Disney Springs.

The food court was about the same as All Star Sports. If you like to grab milk for breakfast in the morning, the Value resort had half gallons of skim milk, 2% milk and whole milk, while the POR store only had quarts of 2% or whole and I am pretty sure they charged about as much for a quart as All Star Sports charged for a half gallon.

POR is a nice resort, but now that the prices have just about doubled in the past 2 years, I don't feel that I am getting my money's worth. The rooms are small and they have plenty that face the parking lot, or are way far away from the food court, so I feel at almost $300/night for a garden view it really just isn't worth it anymore.

We did check-in early and waited on the room we preferred to become available. That was really nice of them to also get us on the 1st floor with having a scooter to maneuver.

Oh, the shower has a few settings: with 1 the water goes in a big circle and you can actually stand under it and not get wet, the other pours out like the bath tub, and the other the water comes out in a small diameter of pain. (I expect better at these prices.)

Pros:

Pretty setting, nice relaxed theme, 2 sinks outside of the bathroom.

Cons:

Room prices, large resort with 4 bus stops, THEY SERIOUSLY NEED BETTER PILLOWS!, rooms are standard motel room size with only 1 luggage holder, the shower was terrible

Reviewed by Patty Review Date: 10/24/2018

We stayed at POR for 2 recent visits, July and October 2018. We actually love POR. Stayed in a Princess room in July and an Alligator Bayou room in Oct. Loved building #27.

Pros:

Ambiance of the resort, pools,

Cons:

Food court could be bigger. In July during breakfast it was almost impossible to find a table for 7.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/16/2018

This resort continues to go downhill. We were there for a 12 day stay. The food court is grossly undersized; it is not enjoyable to fight the crowds first thing in the morning, every morning of vacation. Buses are inefficient, crowded. Couldn't get a chair by the pool most of our stay due to crowds. The addition of pets to this resort will most likely push us elsewhere in the future, and this has been our home resort for many years.

Pros:

theming, proximity to Disney Springs

Cons:

overcrowded, pets, cafeteria

Reviewed by Kerry Review Date: 10/02/2018

I have stayed at Riverside 5 times... going back to 1999 when it was still Dixie Landings. It is hands down my favorite resort in all of WDW! I even have a framed print of POR in my bathroom! :) I love the theming, the atmosphere, the cast members, the grounds, the boat, the quiet pools... everything! If I don't stay here, I visit because I miss it so much. Always make a night for YeeHa Bob!! If this were a DVC, it would be my Home Resort!

Pros:

The laid-back lazy atmosphere, the boat ride to Disney Springs, YeeHa Bob, the option of quiet pools, the ability to pool hop at French Quarter.

Cons:

Huge spread out resort so some rooms are a hike to get to the main building. The busses are always crowded and since they make a circle to all the stops at the resort, it can take forever to get back to your room.