Reviews of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_dxl.htm

Detailed Photo Blog:

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside over 15 times. We started staying there when the resort was called “Dixie Landings.” We have stayed at other Disney resorts but we have returned to this resort over and over. Amenities are fantastic. You can feel secure but yet in the middle of it all without being overwhelmed by the crowds. You are not that far from the pool or Boatwrights or any other part of the resort. Our favorite thing is to take the pontoon ride down to “Disney Springs.” Believe it or not, this is the highlight of our trip in many cases. When you round the bend especially in the evening as you are pulling into Disney Springs you receive a rush of excitement and anticipation. Plus it is so relaxing. Stay here for sure the next time you visit Disney

Pros:

Amenities, location, safety, convenience, clean

Cons:

Actually non we can think of

Reviewed by KBG Review Date: 04/17/2019

Love this resort so. Ugh that we do just a resort stay here! Very serene,good pools, good choices in food court,on site resteraunt was fabulous,room was beautiful and so comfortable,easy transportation to Disney Springs!

Pros:

Food,transportation- wonderful CM's!

Cons:

Gee can't think of any!

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 11/11/2018

We spent half our visit at All Star Sports and half at POR. I noticed POR lacked an alarm clock and had 1 less garbage can. The pillows were flat and horrible at both locations. The bed at POR was a little firmer than at Sports so that was a big improvement for me.

POR is a nice resort if you like long walks along a river, seeing horse drawn carriages go by, or taking a boat ride to Disney Springs.

The food court was about the same as All Star Sports. If you like to grab milk for breakfast in the morning, the Value resort had half gallons of skim milk, 2% milk and whole milk, while the POR store only had quarts of 2% or whole and I am pretty sure they charged about as much for a quart as All Star Sports charged for a half gallon.

POR is a nice resort, but now that the prices have just about doubled in the past 2 years, I don't feel that I am getting my money's worth. The rooms are small and they have plenty that face the parking lot, or are way far away from the food court, so I feel at almost $300/night for a garden view it really just isn't worth it anymore.

We did check-in early and waited on the room we preferred to become available. That was really nice of them to also get us on the 1st floor with having a scooter to maneuver.

Oh, the shower has a few settings: with 1 the water goes in a big circle and you can actually stand under it and not get wet, the other pours out like the bath tub, and the other the water comes out in a small diameter of pain. (I expect better at these prices.)

Pros:

Pretty setting, nice relaxed theme, 2 sinks outside of the bathroom.

Cons:

Room prices, large resort with 4 bus stops, THEY SERIOUSLY NEED BETTER PILLOWS!, rooms are standard motel room size with only 1 luggage holder, the shower was terrible

Reviewed by Patty Review Date: 10/24/2018

We stayed at POR for 2 recent visits, July and October 2018. We actually love POR. Stayed in a Princess room in July and an Alligator Bayou room in Oct. Loved building #27.

Pros:

Ambiance of the resort, pools,

Cons:

Food court could be bigger. In July during breakfast it was almost impossible to find a table for 7.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/16/2018

This resort continues to go downhill. We were there for a 12 day stay. The food court is grossly undersized; it is not enjoyable to fight the crowds first thing in the morning, every morning of vacation. Buses are inefficient, crowded. Couldn't get a chair by the pool most of our stay due to crowds. The addition of pets to this resort will most likely push us elsewhere in the future, and this has been our home resort for many years.

Pros:

theming, proximity to Disney Springs

Cons:

overcrowded, pets, cafeteria

Reviewed by Kerry Review Date: 10/02/2018

I have stayed at Riverside 5 times... going back to 1999 when it was still Dixie Landings. It is hands down my favorite resort in all of WDW! I even have a framed print of POR in my bathroom! :) I love the theming, the atmosphere, the cast members, the grounds, the boat, the quiet pools... everything! If I don't stay here, I visit because I miss it so much. Always make a night for YeeHa Bob!! If this were a DVC, it would be my Home Resort!

Pros:

The laid-back lazy atmosphere, the boat ride to Disney Springs, YeeHa Bob, the option of quiet pools, the ability to pool hop at French Quarter.

Cons:

Huge spread out resort so some rooms are a hike to get to the main building. The busses are always crowded and since they make a circle to all the stops at the resort, it can take forever to get back to your room.

Reviewed by Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

We have stayed at Riverside our last two trips. We love it there. The theme and river are amazing. The service is top notch and the atmosphere feels like home. A big plus for us is the pull down bed in the rooms. This way each of my kids gets their own separate bed. The location is super convenient and the multiple forms of transportation are appreciated. We take the boat to Disney Springs and the buses to the parks. It is also a short boat ride or walk from French Quarter where you can get beignets. Boatwright's restaurant is very good.

Pros:

Location, three beds, atmosphere, transportation, food options

Reviewed by Georgia G Review Date: 09/29/2018

Staying at that resort was a very special part of my trip to WDW. I love all the details on the walls, the furniture, the carpet, the sinks, the shower, the beds... that is SO Disney!! The same attention they have for those little touches in the parks were there also in my room.

Pros:

Lots of space to walk around the room and a big bathroom. Lovely green area outside the rooms, more than one pool option, boat and bus accessible. Close to the parks and Disney Springs.

Cons:

Some of the buildings are a bit far from the lobby and the food court. It's not bad, but make sure you ask for a closer building if you want to get to those places faster or don't want to walk back to your room after a long day at the parks.

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Stayed here over thanksgiving holiday and was able to get a room that accommodated 4 adults and 1 kid. Was able to split the cost of that 1 room with my in-laws which made it really affordable. Really calm and laid back atmosphere. You can fish, rent bikes, take boat rides. There is really 2 resorts in 1, you can walk to the French Quarter which has very different themeing and also very cool. I think French Quarter is more a party atmosphere, but Riverside has a more calm vibe.

Pros:

Very calm atmosphere, can rent bikes, can fish, can take boat rides, great value for what you get.

Cons:

May have to walk far from hotel to bus stop

Reviewed by llhoff Review Date: 09/28/2018

Our family of 5 recently stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for 3 nights as part of a split stay (with the Grand Floridian for 2 nights). It is usually our "go-to" resort as a moderately priced hotel that accommodates 5. We have stayed here so many times I have lost count. This stay we spent most of our time in the parks and less time at the resort. Our room was on the first floor in building 24 and was a standard view room of some greenery and the parking lot just beyond. It wasn't the greatest view, but we were rarely in the room and weren't staring out the window anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. The building isn't particularly convenient to the food court or main pool, although, the walk to the bus stop wasn't bad, and there was a quiet pool close by. I had requested one of the newly refurbished rooms and didn't get it, so the look of the room was the familiar style we have enjoyed in the past but nothing special. We had everything we needed, though, and the room was comfortable, if not particularly spacious. Our (5'5") 17 year old daughter slept on the pull down bed and had no complaints.
A new issue we were faced with that we hadn't experienced before was the pet-friendly status Riverside now has. We only saw a couple of dogs during our stay, and they were on leashes and appeared to be well-behaved. However, one afternoon when we returned to our room for a quick break and nap, we could clearly hear a dog whining nearby. After a little investigative work, I figured out that the dog was directly above our room. As I was quietly walking around outside trying to determine where it was, it heard me and began barking loudly as I passed the door. Our family has 2 dogs of our own, and we consider ourselves dog lovers, so this isn't an anti-dog post, but... It's pretty unpleasant to hear an obviously upset animal nearby when trying to get a little relaxation in. I called the front desk just to let them know about the issue, so they could look into it or at least have feedback for future considerations on the policy. I was told that animals are not supposed to ever be left alone in the rooms, and the owner would be contacted. I wasn't looking to get anyone in trouble, but lI'm glad they were willing to follow up on the situation for the good of the dog and other nearby guests. This situation alone will make me less likely to choose Riverside in the future, which is a shame, since it is an old favorite and one of the most affordable options for our family.

Pros:

lovely theming, nice main pool, good less expensive option for family of 5

Cons:

possible problems with pet noise; spread out with the possibility of long walks to main building, pool, or bus stop