Reviews of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_dxl.htm

Detailed Photo Blog:

Reviewed by NC-Dad Review Date: 09/15/2019

We just returned from a 4-Day visit to WDW and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. (9/08/19 - 9/11/19) This was our third stay with POR. Since this trip was for our daughter's 16th birthday, we booked a Royal Room. We had stayed in a Royal Room the last time we stayed at POR as well.

The resort had not changed much since 2013, which is what we liked. Our room was in Parterre Place, Room 9809. We checked in early in the morning, and our room was already ready for us, which was a nice surprise. The room was as expected, clean and well-maintained. Everything was as we expected it. The mousekeeping was good and efficient, although the times they came to service the room was erractic. One day they came before 8am, and another the came well after 3pm. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay at Riverside. We used the boat service to and from Disney Springs several times. The bus service was much improved since 2013, and we never waited more than about 15 minutes for a bus. The addition of video displays showing when the next bus to each park was expected is terrific.

This resort is highly recommended, and we would definitely stay there again.

Pros:

Quiet, Royal Rooms, Excellent Front-Desk staff

Cons:

Long wait at the parks for buses returning to the resort

Reviewed by tdischer Review Date: 08/11/2019

Our second stay at Riverside. First time was 3 years ago. We love, love this resort, the main building, Boatwrights, River Roost Lounge, food court, gift shop, grounds, pools, and even the bus transportation. We loved the rooms in Alligator Bayou 3 years ago. We did not love the refurbished rooms nearly as much. They have lost the bayou character they had in the past. What there is now looks like a hodgepodge of both bayou and some Princess and the Frog thrown in and the colors are not good together. I know it's a cosmetic thing, but it really bothered me and I miss the wooden bedframes, the greens and yellows and cute curtains in both the room and the bathroom. The colors do not go together and a lot of the theming is lost, in my opinion. We also didn't like the tile floors as they are really slippery. I missed the cute wooden plank look to the carpet. We will stay here again for sure, but will be looking at the mansion side.

Pros:

grounds, main buildings, music played in the food court and on the bus, had a quiet pool right outside our door, the resort in general.

Cons:

theming of the bayou rooms looks thrown together, has lost it's charm for me. (is a personal preference I know)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/26/2019

Just came back from a family trip of 16, staying at Riverside. Upon check-in it was obvious that our reservations were not correct, although we had used a travel agent who was diligent in confirming. My part of the family were on the opposite side of the resort, not with the rest of our group. This really caused problems when using the bus transportation, due to the different bus stops around the resort. We had paid for the building closest to the main buidling, but somehow that was "lost" from our reservation. The host tried to get us moved, but the resort was sold out with no availability. Also, the housekeeping left much to be desired. Our room was often not appropriately cleaned with trash left in the bin. And a lid that was not disposable was left on the sink shelf disappeared during housekeeping, so I can only assume it was discarded by the staff. I spoke to the hotel manager, and didn't even get an apology.

Pros:

Nothing.

Cons:

Larger groups traveling together won't be on the same bus.

Reviewed by DebQ Review Date: 06/12/2019

We have stayed many times over the years at POR. Love the landscape, amenities and activities. Really like the curtain separating the bathroom area from the bedroom area - so as not to disturb others who are trying to sleep. Love the fact that they have multiple pools - as the main pool is usually crowded. This is a large resort that requires a good deal of walking - so keep that in mind when booking. This is our "go to" moderate resort.

Pros:

room size, amenities, service, variety in the food court

Cons:

walking distance to main lobby area

Reviewed by plipari Review Date: 04/24/2019

My family of four very much enjoyed POR. The size of the resort, environment and amenities were perfect for us.

Pros:

Alligator Bayou room slept 5 with pull down Lush landscaping made us feel like we were truly at a resort Good food court and delicious dinner at Boatwrights

Cons:

Long-ish walk to main buildings Boat ride to Disney Springs was overrated. The wait for the boat and boat ride itself took longer than expected. We took a bus back to resort.

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Beautiful moderate resort.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds. Nice accommodations.

Cons:

Long walk to main building from some locations.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2019

Love Port Orleans. We have stayed there since it opened as Dixie Landings stayed both riverside and the other side which I forget what it was called. Always a great place to stay, nice large food court, 4 bus stops beautiful rooms too.

Pros:

Plenty of bus stops, nice landscaping, large food court, plenty of pools

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside over 15 times. We started staying there when the resort was called “Dixie Landings.” We have stayed at other Disney resorts but we have returned to this resort over and over. Amenities are fantastic. You can feel secure but yet in the middle of it all without being overwhelmed by the crowds. You are not that far from the pool or Boatwrights or any other part of the resort. Our favorite thing is to take the pontoon ride down to “Disney Springs.” Believe it or not, this is the highlight of our trip in many cases. When you round the bend especially in the evening as you are pulling into Disney Springs you receive a rush of excitement and anticipation. Plus it is so relaxing. Stay here for sure the next time you visit Disney

Pros:

Amenities, location, safety, convenience, clean

Cons:

Actually non we can think of

Reviewed by KBG Review Date: 04/17/2019

Love this resort so. Ugh that we do just a resort stay here! Very serene,good pools, good choices in food court,on site resteraunt was fabulous,room was beautiful and so comfortable,easy transportation to Disney Springs!

Pros:

Food,transportation- wonderful CM's!

Cons:

Gee can't think of any!

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 11/11/2018

We spent half our visit at All Star Sports and half at POR. I noticed POR lacked an alarm clock and had 1 less garbage can. The pillows were flat and horrible at both locations. The bed at POR was a little firmer than at Sports so that was a big improvement for me.

POR is a nice resort if you like long walks along a river, seeing horse drawn carriages go by, or taking a boat ride to Disney Springs.

The food court was about the same as All Star Sports. If you like to grab milk for breakfast in the morning, the Value resort had half gallons of skim milk, 2% milk and whole milk, while the POR store only had quarts of 2% or whole and I am pretty sure they charged about as much for a quart as All Star Sports charged for a half gallon.

POR is a nice resort, but now that the prices have just about doubled in the past 2 years, I don't feel that I am getting my money's worth. The rooms are small and they have plenty that face the parking lot, or are way far away from the food court, so I feel at almost $300/night for a garden view it really just isn't worth it anymore.

We did check-in early and waited on the room we preferred to become available. That was really nice of them to also get us on the 1st floor with having a scooter to maneuver.

Oh, the shower has a few settings: with 1 the water goes in a big circle and you can actually stand under it and not get wet, the other pours out like the bath tub, and the other the water comes out in a small diameter of pain. (I expect better at these prices.)

Pros:

Pretty setting, nice relaxed theme, 2 sinks outside of the bathroom.

Cons:

Room prices, large resort with 4 bus stops, THEY SERIOUSLY NEED BETTER PILLOWS!, rooms are standard motel room size with only 1 luggage holder, the shower was terrible