Reviews of Beach Club Villas (Disney Vacation Club)

A Disney Vacation Club property.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bcv.htm

Reviewed by poolman Review Date: 08/24/2019

I stayed here with my DD 8/19-8/21. Standard view Studio first floor. After hearing people rave about BCV I wanted to see for myself.
The room was clean and well maintained. The location of DVC Building in relationship to the BCI makes me think the BCV were an after thought.

I don't see myself staying at BCV again.

Pros:

The only pluses are Stormalong Bay and a location close to EPCOT.

Cons:

There are no guest laundry rooms in the DVC Building. The walk to the lobby and pool from the rooms is easily as long as BWV's. Room views leave a bit to be desired.

Reviewed by Suem5 Review Date: 06/14/2019

We had a standard studio booked and because of a mix up with reservation we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa. It was absolutely gorgeous, so much room for 6 of us. Very clean and nicely decorated. The bathrooms and bedrooms were large and there was lots of space for everything for our 5 night stay. The balcony was huge and view was gorgeous! Mousekeeping delivered us extra towels, soap etc whenever we requested. Beds were extremely comfortable.

Pros:

This resort is so convenient when visiting Epcot and a lovely walk or boat ride to HS. The location is amazing. The atmosphere is great, grounds are beautiful and as a bonus it is right across from the Boardwalk where there is more shops and food etc. And of course there is the amazing pool which can’t be beat! And that wonderful fresh scent you get when walking in the lobby is the best! Every single staff member we encountered went out of their way to welcome us !

Cons:

I honestly can’t think of any negative thing about this resort! We enjoyed everything about it! The only thing that would stop me from staying there at each and every visit to WDW would be of course the price, I think you get what you pay for and even though we can’t stay here every visit I definitely would save up to stay at least once a year here.

Reviewed by smcolburn Review Date: 04/17/2019

Our home!

Pros:

Location, location, location! Walk to EPCOT Great food on property Boardwalk is such fun Great rooms and service Nice pools and gardens

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by mkymouse4ever Review Date: 12/01/2018

This was our second stay at BCV 1br., but 1st since remodel. Not crazy about several changes. The new bath tub area is enclosed and not open to bedroom, as it was previous. There is no jetted tub. Its a new "old" style soaker tub. But if you want to relax in bath, you can't visit with people in bedroom, you are walled off. Also by closing this wall > there is virtually no where to put anything you need within reach of tub. The sink counter is quiet a stretch and where the faucets is, is only a small area. So if you have soap, sponge, wash cloth, face cream, etc... no where to put them. The floor is a good drop. Then they put the tub up on an elevated platform as was the older version but you get out of tub and remember step down or your going to trip.
ceiling fans have all been removed for a stand ceiling light.
We loved the quiet pool, but unfortunately if was closed for half our stay. I called and asked front desk, and maintaneous about pool both responded "its closed?" No one knew why. Then magically it was open again.
location is great. no problem with transportation and excellent parking.

Pros:

location, transportation. pools, restaurants and bars

Cons:

Pool closed for no reason, and no one knew why. housekeeping broke my xmas mickey lights and cleaned up broken glass but tried to hide the broken one > so no one owned up to it. washer and dryer in 1 bedroom is a real plus. staff at front desk where nice.

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

didn't love it

Pros:

nice place. we were close to the small pool which was nice but lacking in food options especially if you have a shellfish allergy.

Cons:

not good for shellfish allergy. Did not like the sand in the big pool and neither did my kds

Reviewed by GraceDVC Review Date: 09/26/2018

Most enjoyable, comfortable, accessible resort!

Pros:

Lovely private pool, fabulous Storm-a-long Bay pool, access to numerous restaurants in area all accessible by foot or boat, and leisure walk to Boardwalk for nightly entertainment too!

Cons:

Difficult to book because of its popularity if not your home resort.

Reviewed by Sigmabelle Review Date: 09/11/2018

Location, Location, Location! Easy Walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios...Pool area is great but huge (be prepared to hunt for your family members and friends). Rooms are very pretty and the layout of the 2 bedroom suite made it easy for 8 of us to easily get ready. Only Cons to this resort was the bus service & no quick service food options. Tip just walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and Uber, Lyft or Minnie van everywhere else. Really hated that this resort did not have any quick service food options. Had to walk to the Swan for breakfast each day...The Boardwalk was close but as we went in November there was nothing really to grab eat and quckly unless we headed to Swan for food.

Pros:

Amazing Location & Pool

Cons:

No Quick service (food Court) & Buses

Reviewed by Jazzfool20 Review Date: 05/15/2018

Just returned from a 9 day stay at the Beach Club Villas with my family. Overall it was very good. This was out first time staying there. We had a two-bedroom Villa on the first floor. Overall it was very good. The room was clean, and had recently been redone. The resort itself was also nice, very clean, and well run. The marketplace was only a short walk away in the main building, and the restaurants and bars a within a very reasonable walk as well. The Ale and Compass lounge/restaurant at the Yacht Club was our favorite. The best features of the resort are the pool and location to Epcot. No more than a five minute walk to the world showcase!

Now for the not so good. The resort was very low key, and by this I mean the atmosphere was very dull. The music was even worse. It was this weird meandering guitar music mix one might hear in a spa or health club. It just didn't seem to have the Disney "magic" like the Grand Floridian or Boardwalk seem to have. We used DVC points, and didn't feel it was ultimately worth the higher point value to stay here.

Pros:

Location and Pool.

Cons:

very low-key vibe, and boring music

Reviewed by senseicj Review Date: 08/17/2017

Great place to stay especially if you like to spend time at EPCOT and the Boardwalk area. Now that the rooms have been updated it is even better.

Pros:

Nice updated rooms, walking distance to EPCOT, DHS and The Boardwalk

Reviewed by SharW Review Date: 10/24/2016

Stayed in a one bedroom at the Villas from 10/8 to 10/15. The newly refurbished rooms are beautiful. The paint in the hallways are now bright and welcoming and the new carpet is great.

Pros:

Refurbished rooms are beautiful