Reviews of Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_cbr.htm

Reviewer: Thomas4 Review Date: 01/03/2019

Great resort. Nice, large, clean rooms!

Pros:

Plenty of space for 4 adults. Didn't have to wait long for buses. Aruba is only a short walk to the restaurants ( or can use internal bus). Very helpful staff. Southwest Airlines check in at the resort is very convenient!

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 01/02/2019

Personally, we've never had a bad experience here. Looking forward to our 15th trip this summer. Be advised these photos have not been updated since the renovations. Aruba and Trinidad are farthest from Old Port Royale, however, the Spyglass grill was opened in the Trinidad area and each section now has a Coke Freestyle machine in the first floor ice machine room for use with the chipped mug. The walk from Jamaica and the first two Aruba bldg isn't bad at all for most people. The entire resort is well lit after dark. Many people feel it's too big and spread out but I feel it lends to the peacefulness and I've never felt crowded. It has a wonderful tropical, island feel and I've always felt safe. Obey posted signs, use common sense and enjoy. If you should have physical restrictions just tell the cast member when booking and they'll do their best to accommodate and advise you on your best options.

Pros:

Beautiful, peaceful, friendly, accommodating.

Cons:

It really depends of individual preferences.

Reviewer: PeteC Review Date: 12/12/2018

We just completed a five (5) day four (4) night stay at the CBR. The room was clean and the resort is well maintained. We were given a room on the 2nd floor and the only option was to take stairs to access the room. There is no elevator option. Our room at Aruba is too far away from the main building for access to food options. The resort does not offer room service for breakfast.

Pros:

Clean rooms, well maintained property, staff is very courteous, close to Disney transportation

Cons:

Resort is too spread out. No elevators for access to the 2nd floor. No water or soda vending machines in the buildings. Lots of construction underway.

Reviewer: poolman Review Date: 12/09/2018

Let me start by saying that CBR will never be my first choice at WDW.
12/3-12/6
Our reserved room was a pirate room in Trinidad. We were hoping to change to a regular room closer to Old Port Royal. We stopped at the front desk and they were able to move us to Aruba building 51. The new room was at a reduced rate.
As promised our room was ready within an hour. The room was clean and well maintained.
While waiting for our room we stopped by the Banana Cabana for drinks. Definitely a great place to hang out.
We found the check-in area confusing when it was crowded.
The food court ordering system works well
Grab n go was convenient but had limited choices.
The new Skyliner towers in Jamaica and Aruba look out of place. It should be interesting how the Skyliner effects the CBR experience.
We had a nice quick stay

Pros:

great atmosphere

Cons:

Size lots of walking required

Reviewer: magicalhoss Review Date: 11/11/2018

stayed early Nov '18, large resort, not a favorite. Was in bldg. 24 and my room had a smoke odor, notified front desk. Got bitten by some bug, appeared to be an ant. Received credit to opt out of housekeeping, $30, which was fine since I was only there for 4 nights. Food options are limited and priced high. Water now $3.50, why Disney? Will not stay at this resort again, for moderate, prefer Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside.

Pros:

bus trips did not take long to any park

Cons:

small shop and limited eats

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

We had our worst stay at a Moderate at the CBR. We found a dropped pill on the carpet when we first checked in. I am glad there were not young children we us. We googled and found out what prescription was and it was something for Acid Reflux I think. We also found an empty fruit cup container up under the bed. We did enjoy walking around the resort...the center island was very nice. The feature pool is one of our favorites at a moderate - the slide is very fun. We did try a quiet pool but our skin felt weird when we got in that one so we got out. All of us broke out in a rash afterwards. We alerted Disney and we were given a resort credit. The resort is very big so there are a lot of guests. The feature pool can get very crowded. The bus returning to CBR from the park was also super crowded.

Pros:

Feature pool is awesome!

Cons:

We had an issue with cleanliness and pool maintenance. I believe both to be a rare exception. We have logged many Disney stays and only 2 times have they not lived up to potential. Not sure I would go back to CBR though.

Reviewer: Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

My family loved staying here. We stayed in a pirate themed room and it was awesome.

Pros:

Theme, price, location

Reviewer: Shannon Review Date: 09/30/2018

I adore CBR! It's a lovely place to call home for your stay at WDW. As a moderate resort, its close proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is unmatched, and with the addition of the Skyliner that's coming in 2019, I can only see its popularity rising. The pool is one of the coolest pools on property, with two waterslides and the dining options are great.

Pros:

A deluxe feel for a moderate price, beautiful resort and great location

Reviewer: Claire Review Date: 09/30/2018

Fell in love with this resort years ago before construction so I can only review it before that time. Very large picturesque resort. Was very quiet peaceful Carribean Islands situated around a lake. The location is by far one of the best for it is central and closest to Hollywood Studios and Epcot by a 5 minute bus ride. The comfort of these rooms were really high quality and I can only imagine the refurb will make it modern and fresher as it was slightly dated before. Being able to partially view the Epcot fireworks from the beach near the food court was a bonus and I am hoping this will still be the same as the new Riviera Resort is being built so this overlooks the fireworks. Hopefully this resort will stay a quiet peaceful resort but I can imagine it being busier with the new building. Gondola system is being installed at this resort so it will be great alternative transport.

Pros:

Location 5 minutes bus ride to Epcot and Hollywood Studios

Cons:

Construction and they have taken away a lot of original buildings

Reviewer: Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

My first ever Disney resort. I stayed her long time ago as my wife and i's first ever trip to WDW. The pool is awesome. It can be quite a walk to get food or soft drinks. CUrrent construction is a burden til new building is up.

Pros:

The pool and beachy feel of the resort.

Cons:

current construction. long walk to main buidlings.