Reviews of Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_cbr.htm

Reviewed by SNT Review Date: 06/13/2019

We stayed here for one night while the resort was under construction (August 2018) so perhaps things have improved but this experience was terrible.

Our room was not ready by 3 pm and we never received a text telling us our room was ready. So we ended up just going to the resort.

We had spent the past few nights at AKL, where everything is relatively close and straightforward. This resort was confusing from moment one!

First, we didn’t know where to get off the bus to see about our room. Then we walked around aimlessly for several minutes until we found someone to ask. The check in was being conducted in a room of the hotel!

The buildings are dated and I couldn’t shake the feeling that we were at a seedy motel. Everything looked dingy and old.

This resort is a series of several buildings (you will have long bus rides between buildings before leaving the property!).

The rooms are pretty terrible and again, felt very motel-like. Small bathroom, no individual soaps or shampoos, instead they were pumps- which really grossed me out (thank goodness I brought my own toiletries). Ugly curtains, large air conditioning unit, dated colors and unattractive lights.

Pros:

Cons:

The confusing set up of the resort, the ugly buildings, the motel- feel of the resort, the transportation, the ugly pools (the main pool being the exception)

Reviewed by Lunarpark76 Review Date: 04/24/2019

I will start with the positives: Great Food, Great Theme, Comfy Room. However, the biggest problem with this resort is the multiple Bus Stop locations. We felt you had to walk miles to get to the nearest bus stop and when you finally get on a bus, there are multiple stops before you start heading to your destination. This is equally maddening when returning from the parks on Dad duty, and you are wedged in a corner of the bus holding all the backpacks and strollers and just want to get to our stop and are afraid the stroller may smack someone in the head but at this point I'm to crammed in to do anything about it anyways. Pro tip.....We started grabbing an Uber at night to avoid all of this. I would recommend staying at a Port Orleans instead. But not when we go because I don't want it crowded.

Pros:

Great Food, Great Theme, Comfy Room

Cons:

Buses

Reviewed by Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 04/17/2019

Great resort nice theme

Pros:

Great theme and great disney feel

Cons:

Big

Reviewed by SHERPER96 Review Date: 04/17/2019

I’ll preface by admitting I’m a die hard CB fan. Been staying here since 1993. Our family loves the resort for it’s spread out feel and Caribbean flare. I must admit this last stay in April 2019, while good, was a bit disappointing to see the new Riviera Vacation resort under construction and huge gondola poles directly next to our village building. The gondola poles are now going across the once serene private resort.

Pros:

Nice moderate. Rooms nice size and bathroom has double sinks with adequate counter space.

Cons:

The new different view with giant gondola poles.

Reviewed by backtodisney2 Review Date: 03/09/2019

We just completed our 3rd stay at this resort, first time as just 2 adults, and we were able to book a king room. The bus service from Martinique was excellent, we did feel sorry for folks at some other stops. They could be very crowded and/or skipped altogether as the bus would be full. Construction is taking place on the new hotel, and the skyliner but it does not impact guests at CB. The new bar area is quite nice, but the food court didn't seem to improve with the new layout. It has very limited choices, but easy enough to wait until you get to the parks. Overall, it's still a very nice place to stay, housekeeping tries to amuse guests with towel animals etc, and all cast members greet you and offer assistance.

Pros:

Very short bus ride to Epcot and HS. It is a moderate making the price more reasonable to vacation here.

Cons:

Sheer size of this resort, and I would suspect that the Skyliner could make this an even busier resort

Reviewed by Thomas4 Review Date: 01/03/2019

Great resort. Nice, large, clean rooms!

Pros:

Plenty of space for 4 adults. Didn't have to wait long for buses. Aruba is only a short walk to the restaurants ( or can use internal bus). Very helpful staff. Southwest Airlines check in at the resort is very convenient!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/02/2019

Personally, we've never had a bad experience here. Looking forward to our 15th trip this summer. Be advised these photos have not been updated since the renovations. Aruba and Trinidad are farthest from Old Port Royale, however, the Spyglass grill was opened in the Trinidad area and each section now has a Coke Freestyle machine in the first floor ice machine room for use with the chipped mug. The walk from Jamaica and the first two Aruba bldg isn't bad at all for most people. The entire resort is well lit after dark. Many people feel it's too big and spread out but I feel it lends to the peacefulness and I've never felt crowded. It has a wonderful tropical, island feel and I've always felt safe. Obey posted signs, use common sense and enjoy. If you should have physical restrictions just tell the cast member when booking and they'll do their best to accommodate and advise you on your best options.

Pros:

Beautiful, peaceful, friendly, accommodating.

Cons:

It really depends of individual preferences.

Reviewed by PeteC Review Date: 12/12/2018

We just completed a five (5) day four (4) night stay at the CBR. The room was clean and the resort is well maintained. We were given a room on the 2nd floor and the only option was to take stairs to access the room. There is no elevator option. Our room at Aruba is too far away from the main building for access to food options. The resort does not offer room service for breakfast.

Pros:

Clean rooms, well maintained property, staff is very courteous, close to Disney transportation

Cons:

Resort is too spread out. No elevators for access to the 2nd floor. No water or soda vending machines in the buildings. Lots of construction underway.

Reviewed by poolman Review Date: 12/09/2018

Let me start by saying that CBR will never be my first choice at WDW.
12/3-12/6
Our reserved room was a pirate room in Trinidad. We were hoping to change to a regular room closer to Old Port Royal. We stopped at the front desk and they were able to move us to Aruba building 51. The new room was at a reduced rate.
As promised our room was ready within an hour. The room was clean and well maintained.
While waiting for our room we stopped by the Banana Cabana for drinks. Definitely a great place to hang out.
We found the check-in area confusing when it was crowded.
The food court ordering system works well
Grab n go was convenient but had limited choices.
The new Skyliner towers in Jamaica and Aruba look out of place. It should be interesting how the Skyliner effects the CBR experience.
We had a nice quick stay

Pros:

great atmosphere

Cons:

Size lots of walking required

Reviewed by magicalhoss Review Date: 11/11/2018

stayed early Nov '18, large resort, not a favorite. Was in bldg. 24 and my room had a smoke odor, notified front desk. Got bitten by some bug, appeared to be an ant. Received credit to opt out of housekeeping, $30, which was fine since I was only there for 4 nights. Food options are limited and priced high. Water now $3.50, why Disney? Will not stay at this resort again, for moderate, prefer Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside.

Pros:

bus trips did not take long to any park

Cons:

small shop and limited eats