Reviews of Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Resort)

A Disney Moderate Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_cbr.htm

Reviewer: boarddad Review Date: 08/24/2018

We had stayed at New Orleans Riverside the last 3 trips and decided to try someplace different. We tried to stay at Carribean Beach early August 2018. I say, tried, because after about the third time we tried just getting around CB on the internal bus system, we gave up and moved to the Art of Animation resort (LOVED that one!). The room was on par, if not a bit dated compared to French Quarter. The pool is nice - it has a couple of slides that are not as nice as NOR, but also has a really nice splash pad for younger kids. It is my understanding that CB also has a retail area a nice large dining area, but all of that was under construction while we were there. Dining was in a tent, there was a room converted to a small grocery and a mobile retail truck, none of which were up to Disney standards. We knew going in about the construction so not really rating CB based on that - it was the messed up bus system that drove us away.

Pros:

Can see the potential

Cons:

Takes FOREVER to get anywhere, Construction everywhere

Reviewer: toolmanjan Review Date: 01/10/2018

We stayed here in '89 When it first opened. Because we wanted to add 2 days to our stay last week. Our only choice was the CBR.

Our room was a Pirate room. Normally we wouldn't have any interest in a themed room but that was what we were offered. I can see if you have children that are into pirates they would get a kick out of the theming.

It didn't take long to remember what we didn't like about this resort our first time. It's way to big. In addition there is no food court at this time. The current food choices are very disappointing. I wouldn't recommend staying here until the construction is finished. We don't see ourselves staying here even as a last resort.

2 positives
1-our room was ready early
2-The room was clean and in great repair

Pros:

Pirate Room

Cons:

Too Big No food court & Construction

Reviewer: SKNJ Review Date: 07/17/2017

Our first room was very warm when we got back from the Magic Kingdom. The thermostat was set at 68 degrees and the room temp was 78. We called maintenance and they came to check it out. It was midnight when they got there. The a/c unit was putting out cold air and they disabled the thermostat for the night in hopes that the room would cool down with the ceiling fan running and the doors shut going to the bathroom area. Unfortunately when we woke up the next morning we were all hot and the room wasn't any cooler. We called maintenance again and we were moved to a ground floor room in the next building. This was fine with us and the bell hops helped move our luggage. The bell hops and maintenance told us our original room was hot and they didn't know what was wrong with it. In the end it was handled very well.

The rooms are good size and the pull down bed was perfect for our 10 year old as he loved it. The mousekeeper's took his blanket that he brought with him and used it when they made his bed along with his stuff animal that he brought. He thought it was great. The rooms are very quiet which was another plus.

The bus transportation was horrible. One day we waited for an hour for a bus to go to the Animal Kingdom. During the wait we saw 3 busses for MK, 2 for Epcot and Hollywood Studio's, and 1 for internal. We almost missed our fastpass at Animal Kingdom. At MK the busstop is 32 out of 34 busstops so it is the furthers away. Only Pop Century is further away. We waited over 30 minutes for bus at MK and watched 3 busses pick up at Pop and other All-Star Resorts to the 1 for CB. At the other parks the bus is closer and the wait wasn't near as bad.

We did eat breakfast at CB one morning and we were not impressed at all with it. We realize that it is temporary and they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. It was good but the selection wasn't the greatest, especially after eating at 1900 Parkfare and other Disney buffet's.

Another con on this resort is that during the renovations all the snack bars and dining options are closed around 10 pm. Our 17 year old wanted something to eat or snack on one night and walked around the entire property only to find out the vending machines were the only thing available. After this, we made sure we got a snack before we left the park each night. We were informed that after the renovations are over that the dining and snack options would be opened later.

We have stayed at other Disney Resorts in the past and have had balloon's delivered to the room for our kids for some type of celebration. This trip we were celebrating our 17 year old's graduation which was noted and mention at our check-in. We asked for balloon's to be delivered to the room for him at some point during the week when we checked in. We were told it would be taken care of and never did get them.

We will probably give CB another try in the future as we liked the queen size beds and the seclusion that this resort provides. Hopefully when the renovations are done the experience will be better.

Pros:

Room size

Cons:

bus transportation

Reviewer: MommysCastle Review Date: 06/14/2017

It has everything Disney and is great- especially for families of 5, which is hard to fit in an affordable Disney room. The only problem is that it is so spread out, we have a hard time getting from place to place. Usually we will only book this resort if we are on a short trip and won't be spending much time in the room/resort.

Pros:

Affordability

Cons:

too large

Reviewer: MartinK Review Date: 04/13/2017

Recently stayed for six nights and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Our party included two teenage boys (our son and his friend), my husband and myself. This was our first time at CBR, and I'm sure we will stay here again in the future. Got our top requests--ground floor and close to transportation. We stayed in Barbados and it was lovely.

Our room was clean and mousekeeping freshened up our towels and toiletries daily. Our teenagers really enjoyed the pools and my husband and I spent more time relaxing at this resort than we have during any other visit to WDW. We enjoyed a few afternoons or early evenings taking a break from the parks and having a drink or two at Banana Cabana. The bartenders were friendly and we enjoyed talking with several of them over the course of our stay.

I'm glad the food court will be updated and I'll be pleased to see the results after the remodeling. We had no real complaints and enjoyed most of the food. The best items are the breakfast bounty platter, the muffaletta sandwich, the mahi sandwich, and the burger. The Grill section seemed to always be the most popular with a fairly long line depending on the time of day. We tried to eat at off times to avoid crowds. The lemon and lime infused water near the concierge desk before you enter the food court was a nice, refreshing touch. We did not dine at Shutters, but want to try it in the future after the remodeling is complete. One nice touch of personal service included being given an entire new mug at no charge when my son accidentally dumped his lid in the trash. We did not expect to be given an entirely new mug at all. We thought we'd get a complimentary replacement lid or something. That's the kind of great Disney service that I love. Pleasant surprise.

I see a number of complaints about waiting for buses, but we didn't mind so much. It is a larger resort so we accepted the fact that we may have to wait a bit occasionally. It's all part of the experience. I was expecting worse service than we actually experienced, but maybe I'm just not as picky about that as other reviewers are. I was actually surprised at how quiet this large resort was, which was really nice.

All in all, I would highly recommend staying at CBR. Beautiful scenery, relaxing atmosphere, friendly staff, fun for all ages. Thanks, WDW, for another wonderful memory-making family trip experience.

Pros:

atmosphere, friendly staff, pool and Banana Cabana

Cons:

Reviewer: Ilita Review Date: 04/02/2017

We went to disney for my 50th birthday, and we choose this hotel for the first time. we are from Argentina, so go to Disney is a huge effort. we had a 13 nigyh stay-
The check in was very smooth, they gave our magic bands and our room was ready (we arrived al 4 o clock, in the afternoon, so it was meant to be) We reserved a preferred room, they gave us a room in north trinidad very close to old port Royale, the room was remodeled, and it was very confortable for the 4 of us, I have some things to complain of, when we arrived the mug washer was out of order and countinued like that for 10 days, there was a ketchup dosifier with a leak all the time of our stay, and more than once I have to clean huge chocolate syryps leaks while I was expecting for muy pancakes at breakfast. We had dinner al the food court only once and only two of the stations were open (you could only eat hamburguers or pizza) and the food court was full with cheerleaders, so we had to do long lines. At breakfast time only two or three registers were open son the lines turned very long, and more than once when you arrived, the person at the register went away and directed you to another ethernal line. Our mousekeeper never left us even a little treat, I know thas is a little thing but is very nice to see something funny when you arrive. I know yah the hotel is going by a big refurbishment but we deserved a better place to eat.

Pros:

landscape, room

Cons:

very old food court, poor maintenance

Reviewer: roogirl Review Date: 12/24/2016

I loved this hotel. My husband and I couldn't say how much we loved it. It was very beautiful, every question we had we answered very quickly and with a smile. Yes it is very big as some people have said but the morning walk to go to port royale was wonderful. We were in the Aruba section building 55. I will say the first day we got there we were walking in circles because we couldn't find our room lol a mousekeeper saw we were lost and stop what she was doing and helped us find our room. I cant wait to stay here again next year.

Pros:

Beautiful location, great room, friendly castmembers

Reviewer: CanadianHolly68 Review Date: 12/06/2016

We were excited to try this moderate as we enjoyed Coronado Springs a few years ago but we were very disappointed with this resort.

CONS: long check in (room not available until late), not enough people working outside with baggage etc.., room was clean where you looked but not behind tv dresser where I dropped something (yuck!!), no special mouse-keeping animals for my DD, air conditioner had strange rattle that happened after it ran for awhile (loud enough to wake you up), bathroom constantly smelled like sewage (close door and run fan - disgusting!) , food court was nothing special and not enough healthy choices like fruit and cheese plate etc.. resort pathways wander aimlessly, buses were unreliable as times kept changing and some never showed up (the worst of any resort we have been to),

PROS: Room was quiet enough with courtyard view (martinique), close to a bus stop, pool area fine, hot tubs (2) fine, small towels though, queen beds are comfortable, lots of pillows,

This resort is an overpriced Value resort with queen beds.
It was clean and had pretty surroundings but nothing special or outstanding that would make you return. From our experience we would NOT return nor recommend CB.

Pros:

Queen Beds

Cons:

Resort layout, sewage smell in bathroom, no special mousekeeping

Reviewer: joanne22 Review Date: 11/20/2016

Stayed there from 11/8 -11/13. Beautiful grounds, stayed in Trinidad South. Very far from everything. 10 minute walk to food court. Quiet pool and beach was beautiful.
Busses were ok but if you need to get back to main house you have to wait for an internal bus or take one to Barbados and walk. There are 6 bus stops throughout the resort so sometimes you had to wait for another bus to come.
Too big for my taste.

Pros:

Beautiful scenery

Cons:

Too spread out poor communication

Reviewer: Dsnygrl Review Date: 10/16/2016

We stayed there September 1 - 12. This is by far our favorite resort. Our last two trips we stayed somewhere else, so it was good to be "home" again. I love the newly renovated rooms. the queen beds make a world of difference. My only complaint was the air conditioning units. They are set at 72 degrees by Mousekeeping and I don't think the temperature is true, the room seemed much warmer. We had to set the air down to 68 degrees for it to be comfortable at night. Other complaint was that Mousekeeping only replenished our shampoo every other day. We were pretty low at times! I really should have called and asked for more shampoo and towels as they only left us 3 bath sized towels each day. We ate at the food court a few times and enjoyed it. We did have some trouble when we ordered a pizza one night. Our order came back wrong and we had to argue with them to fix it. room was kept clean and vacuumed every day. I loved the hot tub but they really need to keep the kids out of them! Bus service was great. We rarely waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. The new status boards at each stop are very helpful. My son went to Banana Cabana to watch baseball and football at night. He was never pressured to by a drink and was allowed to drink soda from the food court using his mug. I as usual spent many nights on the beach watching fireworks. Overall, a great experience.

Pros:

Recently renovated rooms and very quiet grounds

Cons:

They have taken away the boats for rent and the oversized outdoor chess set and pool tables!