Reviews of Boardwalk Villas (Disney Vacation Club)

A Disney Vacation Club property adjacent to the Boardwalk Inn.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bwv.htm

Reviewed by Lisa B Review Date: 07/10/2019

Boardwalk Villas

Pros:

The resort is awesome! The rooms are well-appointed, the Boardwalk itself has many amenities, and the location to EPCOT & Hollywood Studios is wonderful!

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by amandakola Review Date: 06/17/2019

I’ve been dying to stay here and finally had the chance to! The villas are great complete with a kitchenette. The smaller pool is awesome for adults - at least when I was there is was barely used! The bigger pool was close by from our room so it was easy to still get a adult beverage from the bar. What we loved the most was the proximity to Epcot. Since we were there solely for food and wine festival the Epcot resorts are perfect for getting back and forth from the park.

Pros:

Location from Epcot and Hollywood studios Fun night spot with the boardwalk Great pools

Cons:

Villas only for 4 people ; other resorts can fit up to 5 depending

Reviewed by NJenkins Review Date: 04/24/2019

My husband and I stayed here in the spring of 2018. Fabulous location with boat/walking access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Our deluxe studio was very nice; but as far as possible from the elevator. Would absolutely stay here again, and would request closer to the lobby.

Pros:

Location! Location! Location!

Reviewed by NatF Review Date: 04/24/2019

Location, location, location! You cannot beat being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The restaurants, bars and shops on the Boardwalk are also so convenient. The theme of the resort was a lot of fun. The staff at the Boardwalk were amazing.

Pros:

Location, theming, activites

Cons:

The rooms are a little dated.

Reviewed by Koda Review Date: 04/22/2019

Have been bringing our kids here for decades. It has been great for school age to teens and now with the grand kids.

Pros:

Easy walking access to two parks. Enjoy the many restaurants available nearby as well as in Epcot

Cons:

Leaving at the end of our trips.

Reviewed by tmbcole Review Date: 12/24/2018

One Bedroom Villa 12/17/18 - 12/22/18. We stayed at Boardwalk last week and had minor issues with the fridge and the door on the dishwasher. I spoke to the front desk about our issues and within a few minutes (literally) they had a new fridge for us and someone else came in to look at the dishwasher. Problem solved.

Boardwalk was beautifully decorated for Christmas. One evening, Mickey was in the lobby doing pics which was a really nice touch. Last week, the weather was cool.

Our room was clean and housekeeping stopped in every day to empty the trash. We've never had housekeeping stop by each day, so I guess that's something new.

Our room was very quiet. Bonus. I highly recommend Boardwalk.

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 09/30/2018

Stayed using DVC pts. Home resort is Poly but wanted to be close for F & W. Stayed studio over Labor Day weekend 4 days. Requested closest to lobby. Upon checkin requested extra pillows & egg crate for pull out sofa. We request this at each resort we stay at as the pullout is just to hard. Never received notice room was ready and we were doing the after hours event at MK that night so didnt get back to room until 1 am. Pillows were there but no egg crate. Called front desk they said it was delivered & apologized and said they woyld send 1 up. Mousekeeping came with more pillows but no eggcrate said they dont have them. Had aweful night sleep. Next morning called again and they said will try to find one. Came back to room that night with even more pillows no eggcrate. Called again & mousekeeping brought a single eggcrate that would fit on pull down trundle. I fave up and used pillows. We liked this resort for location, options but a family of 5 with 1 bathroom will not work for us. We liked the pool but was always crowded and the hot tub didnt work. Planning on a Nov trip 2019 wiuld stay here again but would get 2 studios.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Small studios, hard pullout sofa, 1 bathroom.

Reviewed by Shannon Review Date: 09/30/2018

One of my favorite places to stay at WDW! I love the close proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, the variety of dining, and the gorgeous boardwalk with its views of Spaceship Earth. The staff is awesome, and we were luckily "stuck" with them during Hurricane Irma last year, where they took excellent care of us.

Pros:

Great views, within walking distance of Epcot and Hollywood Studios, good variety of dining

Cons:

The scary clown pool - I'm definitely not a fan! LOL

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/28/2018

This is my absolute favorite resort! I love the beautiful theming and general atmosphere. The main pool area is fun with a great slide and bar. I much prefer this pool to Storm Along Bay. I love all the Boardwalk activity especially at night, and there are lots of good places to eat. The location can't be beat. Easy walk to Epcot and walk or boat ride to Hollywood Studios.

Pros:

beautiful, fun resort with lots to do great location

Reviewed by BareNecessities Review Date: 09/27/2018

There's nothing I would change about this resort, except the distant parking, and now, parking fees! These rooms cost enough to include parking! Although the DVC Villa rooms are a bit tight in some ways (the sleeping/living area is a very tight squeeze), but it makes room for a well-designed mini-kitchen space, a roomy bathroom and dressing area. Its proximity to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios is the best part. A very very close second is the boardwalk area right outside the door. The entertainers, the ambiance, the food aromas, boat rides, the lake, the music, the lights (especially right at dusk) - a lot in a just a small space. A really special spot for us, is where the rocking chairs are out on the wide veranda/porch! You can hear some of the activity rise from the boardwalk, while you sit and stare up at the stars. The main pool area is very serene compared to Stormalong Bay at Beach Club, and you can even watch the boats along the waterway to the Studios, from some of the lounge chairs near the pool! It also has a pretty great slide into the pool! We love all the food offerings, but miss some that have closed in recent years. Some DVC rooms are a good distance from the main lobby but they may be just right if you want to get to the pool often, or to walk to the Studios (a fave thing to do, for our crew)! They have a unique art gallery/shop down by the boardwalk, with some wonderful browsing. Service has been nothing but excellent, and all staff have displayed the best of WDW service style.

Pros:

location and ambiance

Cons:

parking distance and fees