Reviews of Boardwalk Villas (Disney Vacation Club)

A Disney Vacation Club property adjacent to the Boardwalk Inn.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bwv.htm

Reviewer: Debbigo Review Date: 07/05/2018

we stayed April 2018 in two adjoining one bedroom Villas. we had asked for connecting but adjoining worked fine as we were 7 adults, three toddlers. we had hoped to possibly have one set of adults babysit and the rest go out but after early mornings and busy days the babies parents were ready to spend quiet evenings in the rooms. We had a quiet pool view and could see and hear studio's fireworks & music. Check in was easy, the noted we had small children and offered to rush one room for early check in. we went to the pool and got a text message when room one was ready (around noon!) Housekeeping was awesome, friendly, flexible and responsive. No complaints at all. Having a washer and dryer in room is priceless although the dryers dry slow. we walked to both EPCOT and Studios, no issues and used our cars for the other two parks . We rented BOB strollers and rather than deal with large strollers and buses we opted to drive. Self parking was no issue . we were very disappointed to learn of the upcoming parking fees, with what we are paying for rooms we shouldn't need to pay for parking!
The rooms were clean, bright and soothing colors . The rooms had what we needed for a comfortable stay. We used both the central pool and the quiet pools as well as the kiddie pool. All very clean, chairs available. One concern was how hot the kiddie pool area and playground was on our feet. Caught us off guard. Air temperature was around 80. we will certainly go back to Boardwalk!

Pros:

location!!

Cons:

cost

Reviewer: mkymouse4ever Review Date: 10/15/2017

We stayed 7 nites in Sept 2017. 1 br villa. For location, washer / dryer & spa tub.
Valet service is slow and not helpful at door. Except for trying to explain how to tip them. Had a problem at check in. We went to park cause online room not listed. Check in at 5 pm and told oh, they just didn't notify you / or change status. Requested a lesser view room and we where put NO where near that location. They kept working at desk on our request > offering to move tomorrow... but then suddenly the room next to the one requested was open? and given to us.
Spa tub to rescue or not> nope Jets would not turn off no matter what we did. Could not drain tub cause water shooting all over .... Called for maintainious and desk said "did you hit the button"? Huh. 3 hrs later aka: 11pm at nite maintanious fixes it after 2 hrs of work and looking for parts. I know I asked for this room...
Next day washer starts up or not? It would be fine and then just stop for no reason. Sis got it to start again and again and again..... But we didn't call for help just reported to check after we left. Didn't want another 3 hrs of work, or change in room again.
After was smooth sailing and a great time. No other issues. Checking out we did our own luggage and self park so no issues.

Pros:

location, 1 br villa

Cons:

price

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 08/31/2017

We stayed in a 2 BR villa Aug 13-17. We were traveling with friends who had never been to WDW. I am a Vacation Club member. We have stayed here many times. Despite the new decor, which I find too generic and not enough Disney, our entire trip was excellent. Room was clean. Trash and Towel service was done efficiently. Bell services were the quickest ever. All of my room requests were honored (early check in time if room available and on the top floor). We could see Epcot fireworks from the room. I did note that the bus stop for WDW transportation is too small and was usually crowded making it difficult to see the monitors and even to walk through to get to the bus when it arrived. But given the great location of the Boardwalk, we only experienced this going to MK and AK. Bell staff were very helpful with the Lyft app so that we could use the Minnie Van service.

Pros:

Spacious villa, excellent location

Reviewer: Prenjkt Review Date: 07/04/2017

My family recently stayed at the Boardwalk Villas. We requested a room close to the elevator or lobby and got neither. As we stay here each year that was disappointing. The walk to our room felt like a mile. Mousekeeping was also not up to par. One day they did not do the room at all and the other days came late in the day when we come back for our afternoon breaks. Overall though this is our favorite resort and mostly have great time there. Its very beautiful especially at night.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Mousekeeping

Reviewer: NOSaintsfan1970 Review Date: 05/17/2017

This is the second time I had reservations for a boardwalk view and was told at check-in that I would not be able to have the boardwalk view because there was a problem with the room. I know there is construction going on at the resort, but it seems if the construction was the reason, it should have been relayed to us before check-in. My reservation was for a one bedroom villa, boardwalk view. We were asked if they could upgrade us to a one bedroom villa without the boardwalk view. I do not see how that is an upgrade when we had a one bedroom villa to begin with. I just felt I was being given the run around. The cast member who was checking us in quickly stepped away from the computer and had someone else (who I guess was a manager) come tell us about not getting the room we were supposed to get.

The front desk staff also did not tell us where to go to get our refillable mug, as we were on the dining plan. She also did not ask if we were celebrating anything. We forgot about all of this at the time. We are DVC members and make a trip every year and have always been given this information and asked this question. Not to complain, it is just something I think the cast member forgot since she had to have someone else tell us about not getting the room we were supposed to get.

As far as the room, it was very nice. We did not have any problems with outside noise while in the room.

This resort is one of the most convenient locations to the parks. The transportation is great. It is nice to sit out on the boardwalk and relax. There are lots of nice restaurants and snack options. I would definitely stay here again even though I was a bit disappointed with not getting the room I was supposed to get.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Inconsistent information when booking room and when arriving to check-in

Reviewer: buntingd Review Date: 04/06/2017

We stayed at Boardwalk from Mar 19 to Mar 24. When we came to check in my husband make a change. Raymond was helping us checkin and took the time to adjust our reservation. My husband wanted to switch to a accessible unit. Raymond spent the time redoing our original reservation to make the changes. We overlooked the pool and were able to see fireworks from Studios. The only downside was having to go all the way to the Bakery to get a soda. Weil be back. I loved being able to walk to Epcot and take a short boat ride to Studios.

Pros:

cast members

Cons:

long walk to Bakery to get drinks

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 01/30/2017

We are DVC and have stayed here many times. The location is great. They have improved the bus service and buses are dedicated to the Boardwalk. Quite a difference from the days when the buses traveled to Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Clubs as well as Boardwalk. With dedicated bus service and the water craft, getting around is very easy. The only down side to me is the new decor in the rooms. It is generic HGTV modern. Almost all of the Disney touches are gone. I did find hidden Mickeys in the curtains and the Mickey head is still on the chest of drawers. One bedroom villa is still a great room but it is not well done as previously. Staff were friendly.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Decor

Reviewer: monorailmom Review Date: 11/26/2016

We stayed at the BWV 11/7-11/13. First night was in a SV studio as we added that on kind of last minute, rest of trip was in a SV 1br. Studio was down far end of hallway,not much of a view. 1br was pretty close to elevators which was great! Both were newly refurbished, and looked fresh and clean. Was a little disappointed that nightstand in 1br had neither outlets nor USB ports available. If you're going to remove alarm clocks, you need to have access to these for your phone!!! That is a minor complaint, however. BWV is one of our home resorts and always a favorite. Had a wonderful stay and will be returning in May!

Pros:

Location, theming

Cons:

Reviewer: dfinley Review Date: 09/18/2016

Stayed through 9/16 for 6 nts. Greg was especially helpful at check-in due to magic band not working at door at first. Afterwards, the magic bands worked great. The hotel was full, but seemed to run smoothly. The hotel is wonderful because of proximity to Epcot and Studios. Staff was friendly and the Concierge helped with tickets. We would definitely stay again.

Pros:

Location, Cleanliness, Nice appointments

Cons:

Noise from fireworks

Reviewer: mv9393 Review Date: 08/04/2016

First, the couple reviews that I have posted I like to put some thought into and give a detailed review. This post is strictly a WARNING to anyone contimplating staying here.....DO NOT.
I have stayed at 75% of the current disney resorts both hotels and DVC. This was without a doubt the WORST customer service experience I have EVER encountered at Disney. When have you ever passed a Disney employee in the halls and they ignore you? Well that happens here. How about asking the front desk where the locations are to fill up your refillable mug and being told, when you buy it at store ask them because I do not know. How about the only place to fill your refillable mug after 11 is a bar that the bartender pours your drink into a plastic cup and makes YOU pour it into your mug. How about asking for a couple more washcloths only to be told to go and wash the ones you were supplied. Or how about asking for toilet paper and it not get delivered for over 12 hours.
What an atrosity we experienced here!!!! That's not to mention the fact of being placed in room 4136 which is a .35 mile walk from the lobby.
I am a DVC member but I use the parks, I do not visit to hang at the resort like some. And after expressing that I was told that no other studio was available during my stay.
Why did I give it a 4? Because you cannot argue with the location, even if each day coming and going I had to walk over half a mile to and from the bus.
Never again will I stay at the Boardwalk....

Pros:

Location

Cons:

EVERYTHING ELSE