Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge KIDANI Village (Disney Vacation Club)

Animal Kingdom Lodge KIDANI Village (Disney Vacation Club)

Opened May 1, 2009

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_kidani.htm

Resort Videos: http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-disney-vacation-club.htm

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 12/05/2018

From the moment we pulled up and were greeted with Welcome Home until we left the staff, decor, activities, animals and food were wonderful. We stayed at a 1 bedroom villa and it is so spacious! Great layout with 2 bathrooms! Our teens slept one on the pullout sofa the other pullout chair, they are big 6ft. plus guys and were comfortable. The king bed was great and I love that you get a door to the large balcony from the master bedroom. The tub was great and I made use of a nice relaxing bath, it's vacation afterall. we only used the kitchen for coffee, cereal stuff like that but it's a full kitchen and can easily do more cooking. We were on the Dining plan so didn't need to. We had a standard view and made use of the viewing areas around the hotel.There also was some work on the outside of the building which meant 2 days we were unable to make use of the balcony.

Pros:

Beautiful well themed, friendly staff, and zebras and giraffes

Cons:

far from everything although we didn't mind. The bus system could seriously be improved if going in the morning and evening it's fine but not reliable in mid afternoon.

Reviewer: StephieEH Review Date: 09/30/2018

LOVED this resort! We had a Studio room in the Pumbaa section with a Savanna view. We saw animals all the time. The staff was amazing and loved that the bus rides didn't take to long no matter where you went. We rented DVC points and can't wait to go again. Pool was amazing and they provided the children with life vest so if you travel from far away you don't have to pack anything other than your bathing suits.

Pros:

Staff are amazing. Views of the animals is like nothing you will experience anywhere else. Best swimming pool for adults and children.

Reviewer: maze4 Review Date: 09/28/2018

Stayed using DVC points 7/26-7/31 All girls trip celebrating my mothers 70th and my daughter 10 birthday. My mom has mobility issues and was renting a ECV I had requested a room on lobby level closest to lobby for ease of travel. We received lobby level but was very far from the lobby. did not see any animals the entire stay even though we had savannah view. Requested egg crate mattress for pull out sofa and it worked for my mom. We had stayed at this resort in January and really like the location. Was able to use the pool this time and really liked it. Will stay here again. buses were frequent and only waited for the HS bus.

Pros:

point value, location,

Cons:

fartherest from parks

Reviewer: Nikki Murry Review Date: 09/28/2018

Kidani is my favorite resort I've stayed at on property. Love the pool area and the ability to sit on my balcony, sip coffee, and watch wildlife pass by. The staff is always wonderfully friendly and it's smaller than Jambo, which I enjoy for the quaintness.

Pros:

Wildlife, friendly castmembers, smaller in size, nice pool area

Cons:

Could be more food options and larger gift shop

Reviewer: Alexandra1986 Review Date: 09/28/2018

My husband and I stayed for the first time at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village from August 26 to September 2 2018. We were in a deluxe studio with a standard view, which overlooked the cars coming to drop guests off. The check in was wonderful with a very friendly cast member who shared information about the internal bus transfer to get to Jambo House, and where we could find the pool and dining options. The deluxe studio was beautiful we loved the color scheming with the warm browns, and pops of orange/red throughout. We found the hotel to have a very relaxing vibe and comforting to come back to at the end of a busy day. We did use the internal bus twice it was very convenient to get us to Jambo for dinner at Jiko, and constantly runs. The bus system to the parks was good we were first pick up except Disney Springs bus which started at Jambo first. There was a few times the bus ended up being 30ish minutes delayed but they ended up picking up from Kidani only and going to the park in both those experiences. We will definitely be back to this resort it felt more like a relaxing escape at night when you came back from the parks.

Pros:

Cast members, hotel lobby is beautiful, rooms are wonderful, internal shuttle to Jambo House

Cons:

Small con would be the Disney bus to parks can be delayed just give extra time to get to your park

Reviewer: LisaFrank2001 Review Date: 09/28/2018

We stayed for the first time at Kidani Village, standard studio view. The lobby is beautiful, a small version of the Jambo House lobby. It was a bit crowded to navigate through if crowded with people. Check in was quick and smooth and our room was ready at 9:30am. Our room was FAR from lobby—it was a long walk after walking all day in the parks. We have stayed many times in a pool view at Jambo House and we were spoiled by having everything centrally located. My teen daughter slept on the pull out couch and she said was comfortable. We used the pool several times and the pool area is great. Plenty of room so you are not sitting on top of other people.

Pros:

Beautiful hotel, grounds, fun pool area and great animal viewing areas.

Cons:

Can be a long walk to your room. Small lobby, no food court.

Reviewer: BareNecessities Review Date: 09/27/2018

It's a beautiful resort with exceptional animal viewing, and a really great pool area with a lot of different activities. The rooms are nice but very small and dark, and poorly lit. Using the mini-kitchenette (DVC studio) was tough for that reason alone. We had a very serious incident with a staff member once (a first at WDW for us after nearly 30 years of trips), and the response from the resort was very weak. The walks from some rooms, to main areas is quite long, and could really present a problem to some. It's calmer and quieter than at Jambo, and that might be exactly what you want.

Pros:

Great pool area activities and options.

Cons:

very dark rooms and long walks to your room.

Reviewer: plygph Review Date: 09/27/2018

Really an overlooked resort. We stayed in a studio and loved it. This place would be a blast with kids. I can’t wat to bring the grandchildren. The pool area has got to be one of the best layouts for children.

Pros:

Pool and savanna

Cons:

It’s a long ride on the WDW transportation system to any other area of the world except animal kingdom

Reviewer: Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

I have stayed here dozens of time. We love it. I\\\\\\'ve stayed in studios, 1br and the 2br. The 2br is over 1400 sq feet, 3 bathrooms, just amazing. the 1br are just as awesome with amazing kitchen and so much room. we have groceries delivered here and cook our own meals most days! We had someone visit who was at pop century and they came in the bathroom and they were like, our room would fit in your bathroom.

Pros:

Atmosphere. The safari. To be able to see animals. Feels like on disney but not on disney. Pool is awesome.

Cons:

can be a long ride to MK or Epcot.

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 03/17/2018

Stayed in a one bedroom villa in Jan 18. Room was ready when we arrived at noon. Cast members are friendly, room was clean, housekeeping OK but they forgot to leave more detergent for me on Trash and Towel day. House keeping did come in every day to remove trash but we never saw them- very efficient. Bus service was fine. Did not try the new breakfast service at Saana but it looked good. It was difficult to drive to the resort on our arrival day as it was the marathon, but detours were clearly marked. My credit card was not attached to the Magic Band despite online check in. This is the second time this has happened, once before at OKW.

Pros:

Spacious villa, excellent location