Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge KIDANI Village (Disney Vacation Club)

Animal Kingdom Lodge KIDANI Village (Disney Vacation Club)

Opened May 1, 2009

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_kidani.htm

Resort Videos: http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-disney-vacation-club.htm

Reviewed by JessicaBonnell Review Date: 04/17/2019

We stayed here at the end of Jan 2019, for 7 nights. We had a savanna view studio room on the 5th floor. I requested a room near the lobby, as I knew it could be a very long walk otherwise. The room itself was great. It was very clean and tidy. I especially like that the bathroom was separated with the toilet in its own room. It was very quiet, we had people on both sides of us and we never heard them. I think that is a distention between the level of Disney resorts. I have noticed the more moderate/deluxe resorts have MUCH better sound proofing than the values. The only real downside to the room was that the fan was on a very low speed and it could not be changed. I was very much looking forward to the sound and circulation of a fan, and it was basically useless. As for the resort, it is very beautiful. It is much smaller than Jambo House, which is nice because it is not as full of people not staying there, but it does not have that dramatic effect that you get when you enter the Jambo lobby. It also does not have a quick service restaurant, which really sucked! There is a very timely shuttle that will take you back and forth to Jambo. It came promptly every 5-10 minutes. The gift shop is also very small and doesn't have a fraction of the selection of Jambo. We did not experience the pool, as it was in the 50's when we were there. Another upside to Kidani is that the buses pick up and drop off here first. So, if it is a busy day, you will be more likely to get a spot. It is a wonderful resort, and we would absolutely stay here again.

Pros:

animals, theming, cast members, atmosphere, clean spacious rooms, shuttle to Jambo

Cons:

location, no quick service, small shop selection, small communal space

Reviewed by Melanie M Review Date: 02/06/2019

Very pretty scaled back version of the lodge but with few amenities. No quick serve for those coming in late, gotta stop at Jambo House. This is a VERY quiet resort....no drink refills til they open at 7 am and there is little to no movement until then! Our room was literally .25 miles from the drink refill station/lobby. That’s a bit of a hike since it is so sprawled out.

Pros:

Quiet, beautiful, nice pool Area especially for kids

Cons:

Lack of amenities for food and distance from end to lobby can be daunting

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 02/05/2019

Kidani was a mixed bag for me and my wife. On the one hand, it's pretty, but I much prefer the scale of Jambo. The small public areas mad navigating difficult for my wife's wheelchair, especially the corridors leading from the lobby.

The resort is remote, which has its advantages, but it's far from everything. We spent more than 45 minutes going to Disney Springs one day.

The savannas are pretty, and the wildlife is fun. To really get any good views, though, you'd have to spend hours out there, which is time away from enjoying the parks and other recreation.

I do recommend Kidani, with the caveat that you need to stay for at least a week, and spend some serious time with the savannas and wildlife to get anything out of them.

Pros:

Savannas and wildlife Beauty Sanaa

Cons:

Distance to everything Small public areas

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/05/2018

From the moment we pulled up and were greeted with Welcome Home until we left the staff, decor, activities, animals and food were wonderful. We stayed at a 1 bedroom villa and it is so spacious! Great layout with 2 bathrooms! Our teens slept one on the pullout sofa the other pullout chair, they are big 6ft. plus guys and were comfortable. The king bed was great and I love that you get a door to the large balcony from the master bedroom. The tub was great and I made use of a nice relaxing bath, it's vacation afterall. we only used the kitchen for coffee, cereal stuff like that but it's a full kitchen and can easily do more cooking. We were on the Dining plan so didn't need to. We had a standard view and made use of the viewing areas around the hotel.There also was some work on the outside of the building which meant 2 days we were unable to make use of the balcony.

Pros:

Beautiful well themed, friendly staff, and zebras and giraffes

Cons:

far from everything although we didn't mind. The bus system could seriously be improved if going in the morning and evening it's fine but not reliable in mid afternoon.

Reviewed by StephieEH Review Date: 09/30/2018

LOVED this resort! We had a Studio room in the Pumbaa section with a Savanna view. We saw animals all the time. The staff was amazing and loved that the bus rides didn't take to long no matter where you went. We rented DVC points and can't wait to go again. Pool was amazing and they provided the children with life vest so if you travel from far away you don't have to pack anything other than your bathing suits.

Pros:

Staff are amazing. Views of the animals is like nothing you will experience anywhere else. Best swimming pool for adults and children.

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 09/28/2018

Stayed using DVC points 7/26-7/31 All girls trip celebrating my mothers 70th and my daughter 10 birthday. My mom has mobility issues and was renting a ECV I had requested a room on lobby level closest to lobby for ease of travel. We received lobby level but was very far from the lobby. did not see any animals the entire stay even though we had savannah view. Requested egg crate mattress for pull out sofa and it worked for my mom. We had stayed at this resort in January and really like the location. Was able to use the pool this time and really liked it. Will stay here again. buses were frequent and only waited for the HS bus.

Pros:

point value, location,

Cons:

fartherest from parks

Reviewed by Nikki Murry Review Date: 09/28/2018

Kidani is my favorite resort I've stayed at on property. Love the pool area and the ability to sit on my balcony, sip coffee, and watch wildlife pass by. The staff is always wonderfully friendly and it's smaller than Jambo, which I enjoy for the quaintness.

Pros:

Wildlife, friendly castmembers, smaller in size, nice pool area

Cons:

Could be more food options and larger gift shop

Reviewed by Alexandra1986 Review Date: 09/28/2018

My husband and I stayed for the first time at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village from August 26 to September 2 2018. We were in a deluxe studio with a standard view, which overlooked the cars coming to drop guests off. The check in was wonderful with a very friendly cast member who shared information about the internal bus transfer to get to Jambo House, and where we could find the pool and dining options. The deluxe studio was beautiful we loved the color scheming with the warm browns, and pops of orange/red throughout. We found the hotel to have a very relaxing vibe and comforting to come back to at the end of a busy day. We did use the internal bus twice it was very convenient to get us to Jambo for dinner at Jiko, and constantly runs. The bus system to the parks was good we were first pick up except Disney Springs bus which started at Jambo first. There was a few times the bus ended up being 30ish minutes delayed but they ended up picking up from Kidani only and going to the park in both those experiences. We will definitely be back to this resort it felt more like a relaxing escape at night when you came back from the parks.

Pros:

Cast members, hotel lobby is beautiful, rooms are wonderful, internal shuttle to Jambo House

Cons:

Small con would be the Disney bus to parks can be delayed just give extra time to get to your park

Reviewed by LisaFrank2001 Review Date: 09/28/2018

We stayed for the first time at Kidani Village, standard studio view. The lobby is beautiful, a small version of the Jambo House lobby. It was a bit crowded to navigate through if crowded with people. Check in was quick and smooth and our room was ready at 9:30am. Our room was FAR from lobby—it was a long walk after walking all day in the parks. We have stayed many times in a pool view at Jambo House and we were spoiled by having everything centrally located. My teen daughter slept on the pull out couch and she said was comfortable. We used the pool several times and the pool area is great. Plenty of room so you are not sitting on top of other people.

Pros:

Beautiful hotel, grounds, fun pool area and great animal viewing areas.

Cons:

Can be a long walk to your room. Small lobby, no food court.

Reviewed by BareNecessities Review Date: 09/27/2018

It's a beautiful resort with exceptional animal viewing, and a really great pool area with a lot of different activities. The rooms are nice but very small and dark, and poorly lit. Using the mini-kitchenette (DVC studio) was tough for that reason alone. We had a very serious incident with a staff member once (a first at WDW for us after nearly 30 years of trips), and the response from the resort was very weak. The walks from some rooms, to main areas is quite long, and could really present a problem to some. It's calmer and quieter than at Jambo, and that might be exactly what you want.

Pros:

Great pool area activities and options.

Cons:

very dark rooms and long walks to your room.