Reviews of All Star Music Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Music - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asm.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewer: saffie Review Date: 12/05/2017

All in all, our stay at the All-Star Music Resort was more than acceptable. The beds in the "value" resorts must have been upgraded since our last stay at Pop Century; because they felt a lot better than the pieces of cardboard we had to sleep on a few years back. The resort was always tidy, and we didn't run into any issues regarding getting enough towels or having enough supplies. It was quiet in our neck of the woods, as we were put in the Country section of the resort and few people were staying in that area. But that also leads to a huge negative with our stay.

We were stuck IN THE BACK OF THE RESORT! We planned this vacation eight months out, which we hoped would mean we'd be staying somewhere closer to the food court, even if just a building or so closer. We also requested a room on the first floor as one person in our party is disabled and needed a disabled room. Both requests were summarily ignored. We wound up in a room on the third floor in the farthest section from the food court. As nice as the peace and quiet was, when you've just come back from the parks and you're tired and your feet are aching from all the walking, the last thing you want to do is walk a quarter of a mile to the food court! Most nights we drove up to the main building instead of hoofing it. Not to mention most of the people in our party despise country music, and having to hear the same stupid Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood songs playing over and over again got really grating! But, as they say, the rooms are just for the times you aren't in the parks, right?

My last complaint would be the food court. There were so few choices there, and breakfast was basically the choice of THREE STINKING MEALS! Really? I expect better of a Disney resort. One of the stalls was continually closed down, and it might have been because we were there in an "off-peak" season. But there really isn't an off-peak season at Disney anymore, and from the looks of the crowded food court, they really needed every area in the court to be fully opened and manned.

Would I still recommend this resort? Yeah, why not? It's still a pretty nice resort, all things considered. We enjoyed walking the grounds on the days we weren't completely exhausted from our time in the parks. The staff was really nice, and they did try to unsuccessfully remedy the issue with the rooms. We opted to not have our rooms cleaned, so I can't tell you about the level of service from mousekeeping. But if you're trying to do an inclusive Disney vacation on a budget, I'd recommend this hotel.

Pros:

Better beds, clean and overall pleasant

Cons:

Stuck in the back of the resort, did not honor handicapped request

Reviewer: manwego Review Date: 10/18/2017

I enjoyed many aspects of the resort. The cast members were excellent. There was only the one food court and the choices were limited and most entrees just ok. The only thing to watch out for is the family suite. I stayed at the resort with my husband, daughter and granddaughter. I thought the suite would meet our needs. However, there is just one real bed, and the rest are sofa bed, chair and ottoman. All were terrible. My daughter ended up sleeping on the floor rather than the "bed". Two adjoining rooms would have been far better.

Pros:

Good value.

Cons:

Family suite

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 10/07/2017

My best friend and I were excited to stay on property since we usually try to cut costs and the first thing to go is the hotel stay. Even in the value resorts it typically costs close to 3 times as much as we pay for a much nicer room off property so we don't do it often. In my opinion a $120 room should feel at least a slight bit cushy.

I will say that we adore the layout and the theme of ASM and we enjoyed being immersed in the Disney bubble. The cast members were very friendly and our room was always cleaned very well. My biggest problem was with the beds. My bed creaked and thumped every time I got up and there was a huge dip in the middle. It felt like I was at grandma's house in the spare room lol. I didn't realize that I could have complained and they would have changed out the mattress until I got home and someone told me. That just sounded like I would be asking too much but Disney does go above and beyond.

We had asked for a room on the top floor in the Broadway section and got just what we asked for. It was very quiet there and we heard no noise from anyone around us. The rooms had everything you would need even if a bit smaller than your usual hotel room. The carpet needed replacing badly and this was the first time I have seen an area of Disney that was in need of a refurb. Usually everything on property looks new. Hopefully they'll get to that soon. All in all, we both decided that a value wasn't a good way to spend our money and that we would both rather stay off property if we were spending $120 a night and have a much more comfortable place to sleep and not have to bring my own coffee pot. For that price just outside the gates you can get a pretty luxurious room. Disney really needs to rethink what value means. Back in the day these rooms would be a value at $69 to $89 but those days seem long gone as we travel in the off season and it's well over $100. This type of room should max out at $79.

Pros:

Cute theme, on property

Cons:

pricey for what you get, very uncomfortable beds

Reviewer: readyagain Review Date: 06/28/2017

When my wife and I arrived at the All Star Music Resort Via the Magical express from MCO our room wasn’t quite ready so we left our luggage with the luggage handler’s desk at the front of the hotel. They asked what we were celebrating and we told them it was our 35th wedding anniversary. We walked around to check the hotel grounds out, then went into the gift shop there and just started talking to one of the employees in the gift shop. About that time I got a text and told the young man, Danny, that our room was ready, so he said to come back by and visit with him after we got settled in. We received an upgrade to a preferred room along with a picture frame and a box of chocolates. We had a king-sized bed and a very clean very nice room on the 1st floor close to the pool and the lobby . The note that came with the picture frame was from Kristin who is the general manager at the All Star Music Resort. It was a Thank You for celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary with them.
It was super nice for her to do this.

After looking around at Disney Springs we went back to the hotel. We walked back through the gift shop and Danny spotted us and asked us what we did that evening. He talked to us and called us by our names every time he saw us. Then he would always ask what we had planned for the next day.

The 3rd night we spent there we had been out all day hotel hopping via bus, boats and monorail. We got back to our room and there was a gift bag from Danny at the gift shop that had chocolates, note pads, a plush Mickey Mouse, pens and a few other items with a note from Danny saying, “Thank you for being such wonderful and inspirational guests.” That was another very nice thing for us that happened at this so called Value resort that shouldn’t be branded that because of the top notch people that work there. We have stayed on Disney property many times and have paid much more to stay and have always been treated well, but never anything like this trip.
We had purchased many items in the 5 days we were there from the gift shop.
After the second or 3rd trip in the gift shop we met Gayle, Marquel and Ashlyn. These people were amazing, remembering our names and being so polite the whole time we were there.
Just a great bunch of people all in all and delightful to talk to. I wish them all the best future and hope to see them all soon. Keep up the good work and thanks for making this the best trip ever for our anniversary.

Sincerely,

Danny & Natalie
Texas

Pros:

All Positive

Reviewer: Donald_13 Review Date: 08/08/2016

Great resort for the family.

From the themed buildings and 2 themed pools, a good food court and shopping. This resort bring you back to the era's of music.

It was a big plus with the resort having 3 pin boards for pin trading. One behind the check in desk, one in the shop and one in the food court.

Pros:

Great themed buildings

Cons:

Reviewer: MickMinnMom Review Date: 05/17/2016

Our family of 4 stayed here 5/10-5/15 in one of the Family Suites. I didn't quite know what to expect but it was great! The Calypso building is very close to the food court & bus stops so that was very convenient. The theming throughout the resort is nice & the main pool is very nice. (We didn't get to try out any of the other pools). The food court was like all the others & tended to get full at prime times. Our room was great. We had a 2 bathrooms (which made getting ready in the morning for the 4 of us so much easier) & the couch pulled out to a double bed which was comfortable. We didn't need the chair but it did open up to a single bed if needed. There was a mini kitchen with coffee pot & microwave & mini fridge. Some silverware & paper plates & cups were provided. Each bathroom had it's own safe & a privacy curtain to help getting ready in morning easier. There was a tv in the living room & 1 in the bedroom as well. Housekeeping was fine & staff throughout was friendly & helpful. Movie night was held most nights out by the outside of the food court building. All in all we were pleased with our stay & the for the price we paid for the extra room by choosing the Fam suites instead of a standard room. Much more pleasant for 4 adults in the room. I'd definitely stay here again. (We've stayed in resorts in all 3 price levels on site & feel for the Value level this was a good one.)

Pros:

good value, cute hotel layout

Cons:

Reviewer: BSG0075 Review Date: 08/21/2015

Stayed 4 nights (8/10/15 - 8/14/15) before moving to Yacht Club for 4 nights. Loved the refurbished food court and new choices! Check in was easy, the cast member was cheerful and funny. Used gift cards to pay down room charges daily, each cast member was great!! Disappointed with no towel animals from mousekeeping... Busses were quick, pool was warm and food was great. Our 4th time staying at Music.

Pros:

Price, Food Court

Cons:

Noise

Reviewer: whitney37354 Review Date: 07/15/2015

We had a Family Suite: DH, DD (age 10), MIL, Mom, & myself. The room was clean, plenty of room. If someone wants to take more than one shower per day, you will need to ask for more towels. We had just enough to get us through each day.

All CM's were friendly & helpful. They were able to answer any questions we had. We never waited more than five minutes for a bus from the resort. The food court had plenty to choose from & it was all good, but it could get crowded.

The pool was nice & we watched a movie & DD did pin trading by the pool one night. She also did pin trading on the board in the lobby one afternoon. We had to ask about it & the CM brought the board out for her to look over. At the pool, the CM was there throughout most of the movie.

Pros:

Friendly & Helpful CMs

Reviewer: DisneyGrandma68 Review Date: 05/03/2015

We stayed here in January and now I have come back with my best friend a couple of weeks ago. Again, this is a really well kept, clean and fun resort.
We did have a slight problem with the housekeeping staff but Steve the manager on on 4/20/15 was wonderful in the way he handled a rather sticky situation. We would stay again just because he was extremely professional and helpful.
Had a cheeseburger again from the food court and it was delicious. We were on the 3rd floor in the Jazz section. It was on a corner and so quiet and lovely. We will go back again for a 3 day stay in the future

Pros:

very clean, staff wonderful and food court yummy

Cons:

had a slight problem with housekeeping staff

Reviewer: luvofthemouse Review Date: 03/09/2015

Just returned from a resort-only stay at this resort (3/1-3/8). We have stayed at deluxe, moderate and value resorts before. We loved All-Star Music. I was worried before we arrived because we haven't stayed at a value in 15 years. I didn't need to. Our room was clean. I asked for an upper-floor landscape view and received both. We were in the Broadway section and loved it.
There were several large groups staying at the resort and they could be seen in the common areas but I didn't hear them from our room at all. Maid service was probably some of the best we have ever had at WDW. Food court was awesome. The ONLY negative was that we had a crazy travel day flying to Orlando because of a winter storm. When I lined up to check-in (and I had completed online check-in), there was only one cast member working the online check-in and he was "earning his ears". He talked and talked and talked and socialized with the 2 people checking in before me. I waited more than 20 minutes and was annoyed and finally someone else came out and took care of checking me in. In the meantime, as I left, the new castmember was still talking to the same couple. Hopefully the person training him will address this.

Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

Check-in