Reviews of Saratoga Springs Resort (Disney Vacation Club)

A Disney Vacation Club Property in the Disney Springs Resort area.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_ss.htm

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/24/2019

We absolutely love staying at this resort...due to a stroke my husband had many years ago we do pay the extra to be in a preferred building. This keeps his walking distance within reason to the quick service and the gym which we have both used and is also one of the reasons we like Saratoga. Never have had a problem with housekeeping and it is generally a very peaceful place. I am a walker and I can walk for hours if I choose and we love the proximity to Disney Springs. I cannot comment on the bus service because we rarely use it. Our only con on our most recent trip (March 2019)-- mattresses are needing replaced in the worst way.

Pros:

Proximity to Disney Springs

Cons:

Mattresses are needing replaced.

Reviewed by BridgetFoster Review Date: 04/24/2019

Had a great time with my husband on our honeymoon. We stayed in the Paddock section close to the carousel bus stop. Our room was super convenient to the bus stop, it wasn't too full when we were leaving for the park because it is the 2nd stop, and we didn't have to ride around the whole resort on the way home. We took a boat ride to the springs for lunch. We also took a tour of the DVC showroom. We definitely are going to buy in the near future. The grounds were beautiful, quiet, and nicely shaded. The pools that we visited (Paddock and High Rock Spring) were very well themed and had some cool slides. We spent some time at the High Rock Spring pool on check out day before catching Magical Express to the airport. They had a locker room area in the spa that had showers with the large dispensers of H2O products so we showered after the pool before going to the airport. The room was nice, clean, and offered a quiet balcony after a long day to have a few adult beverages and take in the peace and quiet. The rooms don't have a ton of Disney essence so smaller kids may not be entertained by them. Bed was comfy and we slept well. Overall a fabulous stay and definitely on the list of potential DVC buys.

Pros:

Beautiful, awesome pools (real hidden gems in Disney resorts), Close to Disney Springs, peaceful, scenic

Cons:

Large resort that requires an internal bus loop, needs more Disney essence, was immediately pounced on (like we just got off Magical Express) by the DVC person in the lobby... some people might not appreciate that, however, we were happy he did in the end because we got insight into DVC and made us want to invest.

Reviewed by KarenM111254 Review Date: 04/24/2019

Beautiful, clean resort. Stayed at many Disney resorts. Saratoga is our favorite.

Pros:

Walkable to Disney Springs.

Cons:

Food court needs a new menu.

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 04/18/2019

Resort itself is very pretty with views of the golf course. The treehouses are awesome. Always have had clean rooms but this resort we have always had bus issues where we wait much longer than the twenty minutes and the Buses are always full. We always try to not stay here when booking rooms. Turf club is also my least favorite restaurant. I have gotten food poisoning there and had issues with the wait staff and will never eat there again. Only place on Disney property I can say that about.

Pros:

Picturesque, close to Disney springs

Cons:

Long rides/busing to the parks, turf club

Reviewed by Amanda64 Review Date: 04/18/2019

My family has stayed at Saratoga Springs twice and enjoyed our stay each time. The resort theming is beautiful and well maintained. On our first visit we stayed in a building facing Disney Springs; we could hear music from the House of Blues every evening which added to the magic of the resort.

Pros:

Close to Disney Springs (within walking distance), beautiful theming especially the main pool areas, very helpful and friendly cast members, good selection of food and beverages available at the quick service location, parking available in front of building

Cons:

Very large resort which requires a lot of walking or driving to get around, location is quite far from the parks so having a car is a must

Reviewed by Melanie M Review Date: 04/16/2019

Stayed at Saratoga a few times. Very conveniently located to Disney Springs, which is great. Rooms are nice, feels very private and secluded but the property is pretty spread out and its quite a walk up to the food area.

Pros:

Quiet, rooms are nice

Cons:

distance to the food court, the size of the property overall walking to and from.

Reviewed by Dnields Review Date: 02/20/2019

I've been a member since 2004, and I joined at Saratoga Springs because, well, that's what was available. When I joined, I wasn't a huge fan (the complex felt large and confusing), and I assumed I'd often stay at different resorts. Over time, my feelings have changed, I've become a huge fan. I now know my way around, and while the resort is still large, there have been times when I've felt completely private and secluded. I love being able to walk to Disney Springs. I love the rooms (from studio to grand villa). I love the friendliness of the staff and the beauty of the design. I'm not a golfer, but I love being near the course (and I even played it once). I think Saratoga Springs is an unsung star.

Pros:

Proximity to Disney Springs. Combination of isolation and community.

Cons:

Not a huge fan of Turf Club.

Reviewed by HWFrieds Review Date: 02/04/2019

We stayed at DSSSR in June, 2018 and January, 2019 in a one bedroom villa - 3 adults. (we trade in our timeshare so our choices are limited). We do love being at DSSSR because its not as close to the parks but is close to Disney Springs. I would agree with other reviewers that it could use some refurbishment, but it is a lovely property, and if you do not need to have your room decorated with Disney items, its true to its theme.

Pros:

Close to Disney Springs, can walk depending on where your room is and your walking ability; great pool(s); Artists Palette is great, we went for breakfast. The kitchen is nice size, you have the sofa; chair and a bench seat with a long table in the living/kitchen area which is nice. Love how the bathroom is set up so you can get in the spa tub and close the door and have a separate shower and separate toilet area. The H2O items they provide are some of the best I've had in a hotel.

Cons:

It sleeps 4 (1 king and 1 queen pullout); however the pullout can be a bit uncomfortable depending on how tall you are. The other con is there is limited drawer space especially for 3 adults. Closet is okay size. I took a few larger handled bags with me to separate my clothing and that worked with the limited drawer space.

Reviewed by Springbird Review Date: 01/24/2019

We stayed here from Jan 11 to Jan 19, 2019 in a 2 bedroom villa. This was our first time on this property and booked it through David's Vacation Club Rentals who was great to work with. The reason we are giving this resort only a 7 (more like a 7.5) is because the room was in serious need of refurbishment, mainly in the living room/kitchen area. The cushions on the couch were disgusting and half of each one smashed down to nothing. I can't believe Disney wouldn't at least replace the cushions. My sister's grandson was going to use the pullout but we didn't even try due to how it looked. The built in bench by the kitchen table was also stained and dirty. The mattresses in the bedroom were good - very comfortable. And the amount of room in the villa was very nice and having 4 sinks for everyone to get ready in the morning was great. Everything else was positive. We were in the Paddock section in a building right next to the pool and the bridge over to the main area. The grounds are huge so if you have any mobility issues you need to watch which area you want to stay in. The grandson loved the pool in the Paddock section and also tried the one in the Springs but liked staying closer to our room. We ate at both the Artist's Palette and the Paddock Grill and both were very good. We only had 1 issue with the buses where we waited for 45 min one morning and the bus driver who finally arrived said the other driver got lost!! We used the Disney Experience app to check the bus arrival times but they are just an estimate. Some came earlier, some a little later. Overall we enjoyed our stay and if they refurbished the rooms, we would give Saratoga Springs a 10!

Pros:

Quiet and beautiful grounds Great pools Good food at Artist's Palette and Paddock Grill Nice walking/running trail Close to Disney Springs

Cons:

Room needed refurbishment! Large resort - very spread out

Reviewed by Rockster Review Date: 10/01/2018

Well, I am a DVC member and have stayed at all the DVC Resorts except for Copper Creek. We live in Illinois but have made more than 30 trips to WDW since 2003 when we bought into DVC. All the resorts have their pluses and minuses. Our home resort is Saratoga Springs, so we have stayed there more than any other place. We have taken friends with us, kids with us, grandkids with us - stayed in every kind of room from a deluxe Studio to the 3-bedroom tree house villas. So, there is something for everyone. We have never had a bad experience in any SSR room nor have we had any bad experience in any of our trips to WDW over all the years we have been going down. In fact, my wife and I are going again this November to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and staying at Saratoga Springs. We always look forward to our trips - usually in the early Spring for either the Epcot Flower & Garden Show or the Epcot Festival of the Arts - and then every Fall for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We love SSR which is close to Disney Springs because Disney Springs has so much to offer as it has grown tremendously, adding fabulous new restaurants and shops.

Bottom Line - After 15 years of multiple yearly trips, we can hardly imagine taking a vacation anywhere else. Every trip has new experiences and they have all been very positive.

Pros:

Close to Disney Springs. Rooms are nice with nice views out the windows. Multiple interesting pools spread around the property. Decent restaurants on the property. Disney buses that take you to the parks go only between SSR and the parks. DVC members get free parking.

Cons:

Largest of the DVC resorts so there is a lot of walking to get to Disney Springs unless you are staying at the Congress area which is closest to DS. There are multiple bus stops on the property - 5 to be exact. So, it takes a while to get through all the stops picking up passengers before the bus heads to your park of choice. Same for returning and dropping off passengers at all the stops.