Reviews of Kona Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/kona-cafe/child-lunch-dinner

Read prices, menu items, and more about Kona Cafe

Services: Table Service , Table Service

Reviewed by MJTinNH Review Date: 06/06/2019

Let me start by saying that I love Kona Cafe. I am however extremely disappointed with their new menu. We had dinner there May 5, 2019. The new menu is great for those that want sushi or duck. Not so great if you want a better variety of "Polynesian" fare. I had a steak which was very good, but did not come with any veggie side. Those are purchased separately now. I ordered asparagus. It was very good but expensive and a huge plateful. My companion usually goes for a chicken meal. The only thing on the menu that night was a soup. All of the poultry entrees were served with duck. Not everyone is a fan of duck. So they grilled a plain boneless chicken breast and threw on some sort of veggie for her. The chicken was bland an not seasoned. We did not bother with the new dessert "glasses". Not worth our time. We purchased a Mickey Bar at the snack bar downstairs. It was a better choice. We stayed for a week at the Poly and this was our first dinner on the first night there. We did not go back.

Pros:

Great setting, wonderful staff.

Cons:

Menu has been radicalized and does not appeal to those that are not sushi/fish/duck lovers. I am not recommending Kona for dinner at this time. Hopefully the menu will be revamped again.

Reviewed by vickey t Review Date: 04/17/2019

Great service and nice atmosphere. Employees are friendly and gracious. Treated mom, who uses a wheelchair, with courtesy and respect.

Pros:

Totally accommodating to my many food allergies.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/19/2019

on our visit george from nj seated us. he was very friendly and answered all our menu questions despite being the only seater we saw vthere. i ordered the wings which i would give a 10. so so good. our server was great also, dispite being very busy. i would have given it a ten, if it had better entrees and some everyday food. way too much suschi for our taste.

Pros:

great wings

Cons:

too much sushi way too little everyday persons food.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/10/2018

Used to be great. Now food so salty it was inedible. Asian stir fry with chicken or shrimp. Our server offered to mix them which was a good idea but he racked on extra $9.00 for the 4 shrimp.veggies chopped so tiny that I couldn't identify them. Drinks expensive and weak.

Pros:

Beeper to let you know tablecusxteady

Cons:

Salt, Salt, Salt.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

We do not care for the menu changes that they have been making to the dinner menu. I like pork options and the pork duo is not up to the other pork options that they have had in the past. They are now to fatty. My husband wanted seafood but couldn't find anything that appealed to him. He ordered the chicken and did not care for it.

Pros:

Cons:

poor menu changes less quality

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

very nice place for a leisurely lunch...food and service very good

Pros:

good food and selecion

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

We have always had nice meals at Kona Cafe and our April lunch there was no exception. Our party of four ordered the Asian stir fry, Dashi noodle bowl with grouper, Verlasso salmon, soup of the day and sushi. We were all pleased with our choices and did some tasting of each others' dishes. So good! We ordered two Kona Cones for dessert and what a treat they were! Too cute-and yummy! Our waitress was great and took photos of our group-it had been a long time since we four had been together. Our bill was less painful with my niece's cast member discount. Meals are priced on the high side at Kona but it is vacation and it is Disney. Oh, and the lapu-lapus were great!

Pros:

different and delicious

Reviewed by mamavogel74 Review Date: 11/03/2017

Kona is usually a must do for us- Lapu Lapu's and good food... unfortunately our last visit in June was not good. We were very disappointed. We were a large party, there were 12 of us in all. 10 of our party were seated together and two of us were seated on our own. This was poor planning on their part as they had smaller parties seated at the end of the table, which is why we were separated. We had the reservation for 5 months, this was not a surprise for them. Drinks were slow to come and warm when we received them. Service was very spotty, the wait staff (we had 2) disappeared for long stretches leading to a drawn out meal. Just overall disappointing. It will be a while before we go back.

Pros:

food was good

Cons:

drinks were warm, service slow, party split up

Reviewed by ribby Review Date: 08/20/2017

Kona has been a mainstay during our visits for years but this year (August 2017) was disappointing. The menu listed for Kona on AllEars is for December 2016 but that has changed and not, in my family's opinion, for the better. Sushi selections have been cut by more than half, entrée selections have been reduced as well and the steamed pork buns - a favorite appetizer - have exited the menu. Among some items we ordered were the California roll (ate half; not tasty), Asian Pasta Shrimp (half eaten; again, not tasty and a bit overcooked) and the steak (reduced portion for the amount paid). Additionally, the restaurant was fairly empty at 6:00 which we have never experienced in prior visits. We liked dining at Kona rather than Ohana because of the more selective menu. I'm afraid future visits are probably in jeopardy. Do not know what happened there but my family was very disappointed.

Pros:

Ambiance; friendliness

Cons:

Dramatic menu change and not positive

Reviewed by mg0914 Review Date: 02/04/2017

We checked in at Polynesian on 12/22 and had a noon reservation at Kona. We were seated on time and had a very pleasant meal here. I've always liked Kona but my family hasn't always enjoyed it to be honest. But I'm happy to say we all very much enjoyed our lunch. Perhaps it was at least partially due to the fact that we were all very hungry after our flight. And perhaps it was partially due to us being excited to be just beginning our vacation and escaping the New England cold.

Our waitress was terrific and our appetizers came quickly. I've had Kona's crab cakes before and I was looking forward to them. They were just as good as I remembered! Other apps ordered were pot stickers and salads.

For entrees we ordered the Loco Moco, pork tacos and the Asian noodle bowl for entrees.

Kona flies under the radar for most people and while it wasn't the best meal of our trip, I believe everyone will be happy to go back. Before our meal was over we received a text that our room was ready! Perfect ending!

Pros:

great service, very good food

Other topics in Polynesian Village