Reviews of Wilderness Lodge (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort in the Magic Kingdom Resort area. Connected by path to Ft. Wilderness.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_wl.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/31/2019

This is my husband and my favorite resort :-D! We've stayed at Wilderness for our honeymoon and on another vacation and both times the place is great :-D! The overall theming, bars (Territory Lounge and Trout Pass) are fun, pool and hot tubs. We will be back, and recommend it highly to all!

Pros:

So many :-D! Spacious rooms The lobby (fun and picturesque- the bridge, springs, and geyser are a wonderful photo op) The Mercantile- yes all Disney hotel shops are expensive, but you can find all sorts of things here- one of a kind gifts and just Mickey tees if that's your thing! Quiet places to just sit and people watch Nicely themed pool

Cons:

Haven't tried the Storybook character meals- kind of "miss" the original Artist Point.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/23/2019

Wonderful stay, the beds were comfortable, very clean, super nice! Close to the Magic Kingdom but not too close. Not very noisy father area!

Pros:

Close to the Magic Kingdom but not too close. Felt like you were in your own area.

Cons:

Our room was a good distance from the lobby. Also some must not have received room service and just set stuff outside their room. Although housekeeping was quick to clean it up if notified!

Reviewed by wlodgeman Review Date: 04/17/2019

We've stayed @ WL 4 times now and I've been there just to visit twice when on business. The theming is breathtaking; you can always spot 1st timers (and me) gazing up in the lobby when you arrive.

Pros:

Short boat ride to MK where you can enter park or get on the monorail. Wooded areas around Lodge and indoors and out they did a great job with this resort.

Cons:

Bus if you want to go to Studios or AK. Rooms are on the smaller side for deluxe. (but are also cheapest of the deluxe) And with addition of DVC rooms, # of rooms for standard stays have decreased.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/18/2018

October 29-November 1, 2018
Upon arrival, greeted at the front desk and told my room had been upgraded overlooking the pool area. Great view of the lodge from the balcony. Only drawback is the games and activities at the pool that started mid-day. Room was beautiful and housekeeping was on spot every day. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Boat and bus service was excellent with minimum wait and no standing at any time. Whispering Canyon was fun for breakfast.

Pros:

Great hotel nice rooms bus and water taxi service to Magic Kingdom

Cons:

Expensive Small quick service dining area for ordering meals

Reviewed by disneydigis Review Date: 09/28/2018

Our family stayed at the Wilderness Lodge during out Epcot Food & Wine/ Mickey's Not So Scary visit. It is our new favorite WDW resort! This resort is beautiful! We loved how convenient it was to take the boat ride to and from the MK. The dining choices are fantastic, we ate at Whispering Canyon, Roaring Forks, and Geyser Point, and enjoyed them all. So relaxing to sit at night and watch the electric water pageant. The rooms are beautiful and just spending time exploring this resort was so much fun! Will definitely stay here again!

Pros:

Theme, rooms, convenience

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

we recently spent a week at Kidani.

Pros:

Loved seeing the animals from our balcony. Loved that we had a 1 bedroom and it had 2 full baths. Loved the décor and the atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful

Cons:

we had a LONG walk to our room and it was only about half way to the end. Also it seemed the bus service was lacking-we had long waits many times for our bus.

Reviewed by nkwyatt Review Date: 09/27/2018

Without a doubt, this is my most favorite of all the Disney resorts I've stayed in during my 16 visits over the last 19 years. I love that it's near Magic Kingdom but still has a secluded feel about it. I love the architecture and the Adirondack-style furnishings. The restaurants and food court are among the best and we often go to this resort to eat even if we're staying somewhere else. I love taking the boat to/from Magic Kingdom, especially at night. If you're looking for a romantic place to stay at Disney, this one ranks the highest in my opinion. There are lots of activities for kids and families here. I hope to one day be able to afford to stay here for at least 2 weeks so that I can experience everything this resort has to offer.

Pros:

Secluded yet conveniently located to all parks except Animal Kingdom. Fabulous dining experiences. Beautiful architecture. Romantic.

Cons:

Cost. Also, busses that service Wilderness Lodge also service other Deluxe resorts so allow plenty of time for the extra stops when traveling to/from theme parks.

Reviewed by Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

My wife and I came here on our anniversary. We loved the northwest feel of this resort. The pool and geyser are awesome. there are some very good food choices here as well. We loved taking the boat to the magic kingdom. We were also fortunate to be here one day when a rocket launched and we saw it leave cape canaveral.

Pros:

The norhtwest feel of it. It really is unique.

Cons:

a little isolated.

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/26/2018

This was our first stay at Wilderness Lodge, and we loved it. We stayed in a two bedroom villa at Copper Creek, and the room and resort were even more beautiful than we had imagined. We had a view of the main pool and could see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom over the top of the resort across the way. The main pool is wonderful, but we mainly used the DVC pool because of it's zero entry for my granddaughter and proximity to Geyser Point which we enjoyed very much. We had a vehicle and only used the bus service once, but we did like the boat to Magic Kingdom. We had a fun dinner at Whispering Canyon and felt the choices at Roaring Fork were quite good. I would definitely stay at this resort again!

Pros:

beautiful, secluded resort close to Magic Kingdom great pools and food choices

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

Loved staying here, so much so we have stayed two different times! Love being able to hop on the elevator and going to a TS in the lobby or turning the corner and going to QS or the pool! Not to mention the theme of the entire resort, BEAUTIFUL!

Pros:

everything is under one roof