Reviews of Wilderness Lodge (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort in the Magic Kingdom Resort area. Connected by path to Ft. Wilderness.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_wl.htm

Reviewed by derf92 Review Date: 11/18/2015

My fifth visit and first time at a deluxe hotel - very disappointed. bus transportation was terrible - boat transportation was great but it only goes to magic kingdom. housekeeping was awful. my sister had a woods view - housekeeping left her patio door open and when we got home later that night her room was filled with bugs and mosquitoes. quick service restaurant did not ofer many options and they were the same all week. It's an okay place if you are planning a short trip only to magic kingdom and epcot. I was excited to stay there but if given the choice between Wilderness and a moderate, I will take the moderate.

Pros:

close to magic kingdom

Cons:

bus transportation terrible

Reviewed by dandnmom Review Date: 02/11/2013

After trying Value & Moderate Resorts on prior vacations, booked a room at the Wilderness Lodge. The greeting was wonderful - didn't even have to check in- the package was brought to us and we were oriented to the Lodge. WOW - what incredibly beautiful surroundings. No theming detail was missed.

Paid extra for a Courtyard View - this was a waste of money! Was on the second floor - only saw trees off the balcony w/ a glimpse of the pool & nothing of the geyser or lake. Food in quick-service was very good but the actual serving area was much too small for a resort of this size. Food service staff was best we've ever met.

On second to last day, my son (who has Asperberger's type problems) had a meltdown which involves crazy levels of crying - the Manager saw this and interferred - said he couldn't have any situations where children were obviously upset by their Parents. Tried to explain son's needs and interventions - he didn't listen. He threatened to call Authorities if we didn't follow his advice and separate our son from the rest of the family for the night - ruined everything!!

Next time - will do Moderate or Value where we can spread out and have more privacy - if our son gets overwhelmed and starts to have a meltdown, will be able to just walk him around the resort which is all he needs to calm back down!!

Pros:

beautiful surroundings

Cons:

manager interefered; upgraded room not worth $$

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/04/2019

My family stays at Wilderness Lodge 9 out of 10 times we travel to WDW. We are DVC members and while this is not our home resort, it is our favorite. I love to hear "welcome home" because to me and my family and my sister and her family, this is home.

Pros:

The lobby is amazing. The decor, the quiet atmosphere. I love all of it. Whispering Canyon is always worth at least 1 breakfast while we are there and I could walk around all day. It is close the MK without being directly in the middle of the crowds

Cons:

I don't have any cons

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/02/2019

Loved it stayed years ago

Pros:

Food rooms

Cons:

Price live in florida

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/31/2019

This is my husband and my favorite resort :-D! We've stayed at Wilderness for our honeymoon and on another vacation and both times the place is great :-D! The overall theming, bars (Territory Lounge and Trout Pass) are fun, pool and hot tubs. We will be back, and recommend it highly to all!

Pros:

So many :-D! Spacious rooms The lobby (fun and picturesque- the bridge, springs, and geyser are a wonderful photo op) The Mercantile- yes all Disney hotel shops are expensive, but you can find all sorts of things here- one of a kind gifts and just Mickey tees if that's your thing! Quiet places to just sit and people watch Nicely themed pool

Cons:

Haven't tried the Storybook character meals- kind of "miss" the original Artist Point.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/23/2019

Wonderful stay, the beds were comfortable, very clean, super nice! Close to the Magic Kingdom but not too close. Not very noisy father area!

Pros:

Close to the Magic Kingdom but not too close. Felt like you were in your own area.

Cons:

Our room was a good distance from the lobby. Also some must not have received room service and just set stuff outside their room. Although housekeeping was quick to clean it up if notified!

Reviewed by wlodgeman Review Date: 04/17/2019

We've stayed @ WL 4 times now and I've been there just to visit twice when on business. The theming is breathtaking; you can always spot 1st timers (and me) gazing up in the lobby when you arrive.

Pros:

Short boat ride to MK where you can enter park or get on the monorail. Wooded areas around Lodge and indoors and out they did a great job with this resort.

Cons:

Bus if you want to go to Studios or AK. Rooms are on the smaller side for deluxe. (but are also cheapest of the deluxe) And with addition of DVC rooms, # of rooms for standard stays have decreased.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/18/2018

October 29-November 1, 2018
Upon arrival, greeted at the front desk and told my room had been upgraded overlooking the pool area. Great view of the lodge from the balcony. Only drawback is the games and activities at the pool that started mid-day. Room was beautiful and housekeeping was on spot every day. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Boat and bus service was excellent with minimum wait and no standing at any time. Whispering Canyon was fun for breakfast.

Pros:

Great hotel nice rooms bus and water taxi service to Magic Kingdom

Cons:

Expensive Small quick service dining area for ordering meals

Reviewed by disneydigis Review Date: 09/28/2018

Our family stayed at the Wilderness Lodge during out Epcot Food & Wine/ Mickey's Not So Scary visit. It is our new favorite WDW resort! This resort is beautiful! We loved how convenient it was to take the boat ride to and from the MK. The dining choices are fantastic, we ate at Whispering Canyon, Roaring Forks, and Geyser Point, and enjoyed them all. So relaxing to sit at night and watch the electric water pageant. The rooms are beautiful and just spending time exploring this resort was so much fun! Will definitely stay here again!

Pros:

Theme, rooms, convenience

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

we recently spent a week at Kidani.

Pros:

Loved seeing the animals from our balcony. Loved that we had a 1 bedroom and it had 2 full baths. Loved the décor and the atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful

Cons:

we had a LONG walk to our room and it was only about half way to the end. Also it seemed the bus service was lacking-we had long waits many times for our bus.