Reviews of Avatar Flight of Passage

Thrill ride, must be 44 inches or taller Long waits (2-3 hours) are the norm!

Reviewed by JennyM Review Date: 06/19/2019

Our family's favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World. It is such an amazing ride and we're always sad when it's over! This is a fast pass priority for us on every trip so try to get one if possible as the waits for the regular line are long. We highly recommend the ride but we know that some folks with motion sickness or sensitivity can find it challenging.

Pros:

immersive experience, breathtakingly amazing, great queue, best ride ever

Cons:

FastPass recommended to avoid lines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/18/2019

This is the best ride i have ever rode! Highly recommend to arrive at the park 30+ Minutes early as they usually let you in before time! You need to either go straight to this ride, get a fast pass, or go at the very end of the day to avoid the crazy lines! Also note, even with a fast pass you will wait! The regular line was a little over 2 hour wait and we waited over 30 min in fastpass line. But so worth it!

Pros:

Best ride ever!

Cons:

Long wait.

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 06/16/2019

I can handle a basic roller coaster now (no cork screws), but just one and then I need a 10 minute break. I can't take anything that spins. I read up on the reviews before deciding to try this and checked out a few recordings of the ride. People were saying that if you like Soarin', you'll be fine on this. I love Soarin' and decided to go ahead and try Flight of Passage.

I take 1 motion sickness pill before bed the night before and then 1 an hour before I'm about to experience something that might cause it (per advice of a pharmacist - which seems to work for me). Well, I forgot to bring the motion sickness pills to the park with me so only had the 1 pill in me. The whole way thru the FP line there were signs, but I thought "Don't they have these signs on Soarin'?" and it doesn't bother me at all (even without motion sickness pills). So I continued. Boy did I regret it!!!

This ride starts out okay and is pretty cool. Then it picks up a little speed and does some twisting/jerking and comes to a stop. It was getting gradually worse, so I closed my eyes and just tried to relax. When It stopped, I was glad and was ready to get out, but saw we were just pausing. Then the thing takes off and it isn't just a visual thing. I felt like a rag doll in a washing machine that went bonkers. Horrible!!! I kept thinking, just let me get thru the ride without getting sick. Thankfully I didn't eat for many hours prior to boarding this thing. The ride stopped and I was not sure how I felt. That was the worst experience I've had with a ride in years (because I learned not to bother with things I knew I couldn't handle anymore... but the reviews kept comparing this to Soarin').

Next, I felt like I could hardly walk out of there and the walk goes on forever before you get outside. I planned on going to the nearest restroom and getting a wet paper towel for my neck/head and hanging out for awhile, but no restrooms anywhere nearby. (I cannot put words for that on this site.)

So, yes they did have warnings after I got my fastpass 60 days ahead and had this in my plans and didn't want to not try it after all that and then to not be able to get another good FP in exchange, but I thought the ride was horrible and I guess there are different types of motion sickness out there. If you can handle being tossed and turned and jerked every which way at rapid speeds, go for it (I guess). The only reason I'm glad the ride is in the park is that it takes the crowd to a place I won't be.

I didn't actually get sick, just felt awful. And here is a funny thing. I didn't feel good on any bus ride for the next 3 days of my stay AND I couldn't stand going on the pre-school Nemo ride at EPCOT the next day!!!

Pros:

It might be nice to see the view while soaring thru, but I had to close my eyes after maybe a half minute. If you're sure you won't get sick, it's probably a good ride.

Cons:

Can make you sick, it's a long walk out and there are no restrooms nearby.

Reviewed by dawn Review Date: 06/13/2019

TBH i didn't think this was great the first time. i could see out the sides of the glasses and that distracted me from being immersed. second time i made the effort to make it happen. it's a very cool experience and should not be missed! that being said, get a fast pass. i would not wait 2 or more hours.

Pros:

amazing technology, state of the art

Cons:

loooong lines and hard to get a fast pass!

Reviewed by bomborivera Review Date: 06/12/2019

Unbelievable ride. Great for all ages!

Pros:

Endless entertainment

Reviewed by Kathy42 Review Date: 04/25/2019

This is one of the best rides at Animal Kingdom. The standby wait time is crazy. If you cannot get a fastpass for this ride, I recommend getting to the park at rope drop to be one of the first ones on it. It is super thrilling. The best seat is in the middle which are numbers 9 through 14. I love this ride!!

Pros:

Awesome thrill ride.

Cons:

Wait time if you cannot get a fastpass.

Reviewed by GrandMum Review Date: 04/24/2019

I was apprehensive about this ride after reading some people had trouble with motion sickness. I absolutely loved it and laughed all the way through. So glad I was able to get fast passes.

Pros:

Very realistic

Cons:

Long line

Reviewed by dawn Review Date: 04/24/2019

i've ridden 2 times. first time i was disappointed, i think my peripheral vision was distracting my ability to immerse myself into the experience. second time i made the effort NOT to do that, and what a diference. while i am not a big fan of the movie, the rush of the ride is a lot of fun. but be warned, if you are easily affected by simulators this is gonna get ya.

Pros:

great technology and effects, scenery is beautiful, ride is smooth.

Cons:

the goggles allow for some peripheral vision and can ruin the effect. long lines of course.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/24/2019

This ride is awesome! You truly feels like you are in Pandora. It is an experience that touches your senses of sight, feel and smell. The technology is amazing.

Pros:

Everything!

Cons:

I did get a little motion sickness with this ride.

Reviewed by MelissaK Review Date: 04/24/2019

This is an amazing experience that is difficult to describe. It’s like no other ride. It is intense, and with all of the “pre show” prep, it could be a bit frightening for smaller children. You do not need to have seen the Avatar movie to be able to enjoy the ride. I am prone to motion sickness and cannot make it the whole way through without closing my eyes several times. I have still ridden this multiple times because it is an amazing experience. I have found that wearing anti- nausea wrist bands help. The rest of my family absolutely loves this ride.

Pros:

An experience like no other, memorable

Cons:

Can cause motion sickness, the pre show is a little scary for small kids, very long wait time- get a fastpass.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Rides and Attractions