Reviews of My Disney Experience

Plan your trip to WDW, make dining reservations, obtain FastPass+ and more.

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Convenient to have all plans in one place.

Pros:

Can see all your predetermined plans in one app. Can schedule right from the app too. Even easier to use than before.

Cons:

If you are having problems with your phone, it can be a hassle.

Reviewed by SarahB4 Review Date: 04/19/2019

The website is FABULOUS for planning. I could not go without it. I have always had trouble with the app though. It seems like unless you have the most recent iphone it just crashes constantly.

Pros:

priceless trip organizer/planner

Cons:

terrible app

Reviewed by herod11 Review Date: 04/18/2019

Love this. You are able to see all your reservations and tickets. You can make reservations, pay on your bill, link other people in your group that are going with you.

Pros:

Great site to help you get organized and see what you have planned and reserved.

Cons:

A little hard to navigate and sometimes the site is down.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

Great when it is working. two years ago we linked with friends and the site went
down when I was linking with them. It replaced my husband with my girlfriend and it took a year to clear up the problem. Disney made up for it though each time it happened with other perks. Worst part was standing in line at guest services to get it corrected each time it happened.

Pros:

great when it works

Cons:

glitches

Reviewed by Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

The app is very helpful when it comes to navigating the parks, checking wait times, checking show times, checking character experiences, and instantly previewing your photo pass pictures. During my last trip, I could only see the map for Magic Kingdom. This was a minor annoyance and kept my rating from a 10.

Pros:

Convenience, efficiency, one stop shop for all the information you need, helps you plan your day once you are in the parks

Cons:

Did not display maps for all parks

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

I have gone to Disney regularly for about 25 years so I have see multiple changes throughout the park and system. I do like the app and feel like it is keeping with the times. I know people miss the paper fast pass machines but I don't miss them that much now that I have figured out how to manage FP+ and I do that from the app. Of course, if app crashes, then it is very frustrating! I travel with 2-3 teens typically so everyone has a phone. And everyone brings a battery back to charge from as well so we don't worry about any phone being dead ever. (We bring one backpack with our supplies for the day and take turns carrying it.) I use the app mainly for managing Fast Passes and checking wait times. When I was chaperoning a school trip that performed and then had 3-4 hours in EPCOT, our group was the most accomplished of getting in rides. Performers don't get a ticket on day of performing - they enter from backstage in the countries. So fast passes aren't possible. Just by using the app and checking waits we could have a plan of attack. The group agreed on 3 must do's and we got all of those plus a couple others in.

Pros:

Convenient

Cons:

Frustrating when not functioning correctly

Reviewed by Georgia G Review Date: 09/29/2018

That was my starting point to plan my trip to WDW. It can be really overwhelming with so much information avaliable all over Internet, so having a solid and easy place to start makes all the blog and forum research even better.

Pros:

It has everything you need to know for the time of your visit. Park times, refurbishment, details about attractions. You can keep your plans, reservations, fast passes, hotel details. I like the layout, it's super easy to find what you want to know and also fun, since you can customize it.

Cons:

If there's any change or update going on, it might be a little instable.

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I really like the app. It can be a little buggy at times, but they usually fix it soon.

Pros:

Can do practicality everything in one place

Cons:

Can be buggy and new releases can take time to get used to.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/29/2018

We've used the MDE app on our last few trips to WDW. Although we've experienced trouble with app crashes, less than accurate wait times, and major battery life drainage we still find it both helpful and useful. On our most recent trip, which was planned last minute, we traveled without a dining package. We gladly took advantage of the online ordering and were very pleased with the service. Skipping the wait lines for food with a toddler was extremely beneficial. Traveling with a toddler also means you have been flexible so the convenience and ease of modifying FPs was a relief as well. Having all of our account and travel information readily available in the app was helpful and prevented me from having to carry my planning notes into the park each day. It could use some tweaks but overall is helpful and easy to use.

Pros:

online ordering FP selection and modifications vacation plans easily organized digital park maps

Cons:

app crashes inaccurate wait times drains battery life

Reviewed by Diana K Review Date: 09/28/2018

This app does have issues sometimes, but refreshing and restarting helps, as does for most apps that act up on mobile phones. I was on data the entire time, so I can't speak to how it worked on Disney's Wifi. I love the mobile ordering, makes it so much faster to get food! Wait times are helpful, especially when a ride is down. It's much easier to check the app than to walk over to the other side of a park to see it's operational again. I also loved the bus times in the app. That also made getting ready to leave the room much less stressful. We also used them for leavng the park. We just took a look about 15-20 mins before we'd be at the bus stop in park and would usually be able to see the estimated arrival time of the bus from the hotel, which would be only a minute before arriving to take us back. I only had waits times go down on me twice, and not for very long. Fastpass always worked, albeit with a slight delay in updating changes. Refreshing works though, my friends.

Pros:

Mobile ordering, bus times, wait times

Cons:

glitches

Other topics in My Disney Experience (MDE) (Magic Bands)