Reviews of The Wave Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Wave... of American Flavors Dining Location

The Wave is located on the ground floor of the Contemporary Resort. It opened for lunch on June 8, 2008 and for dinner on June 7, 2008.

AllEars® review:

All Ears® Review #2: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2008/06/the_wave_at_disneys_contempora.html

Photo Blog and Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2010/03/the_wave_contemporary_resort_p.html

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/wave-of-american-flavors/lunch
Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/wave-of-american-flavors/dinner
Kid's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/wave-of-american-flavors/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 08/08/2016

As a professional Chef there are tree thing I look for in a restaurant.

A good clean environment
knowledgeable staff
and professional Chefs

So far every restaurant on the Disney property follows a quote from the film "ratatouille."
"Anyone can cook" and after many disappoints from countless restaurants, The Wave will surprise you in countless ways.

One person in my party has a severe food allergy (celiac disease) and the Sous Chef Kimi Holt came out and talked with us.

To see a level of professionalism from her and finding out everything is made from scratch made this Chef tst her skills.

I had a grilled Beef tenderloin cooked medium rare with ductchess potatoes topped with sour cream and chives, sautéed green beans.

I have dined in some of the best restaurants in the world, worked with world class chefs and spend 17 years of my life as a Professional Chef.

After some careful thought and consideration I can say The wave is one of my top 5 favorite restaurants in the world. I shall be returning as a regular customer.

Kimi Holt is one of the best Chefs employed by Disney.

Pros:

Porofessional Chefs that will impress you

Cons:

No sweet tea in stock

Reviewed by rosehills Review Date: 06/08/2016

Best meal of our trip. Had beef tenderloin, salmon, cheese tray and wine from a small winery we had once visited and loved, Trentadue. Server had great info on farm v. wild salmon as well as the various cheeses. Smaller, quieter dining room was nice after all the crowds elsewhere.

Pros:

Food; Server's knowledge; Setting

Reviewed by matt6816 Review Date: 09/01/2015

I enjoy eating here because of the proximity to MK but the sides with the main meals are lacking.

Pros:

service

Cons:

price for the quality

Reviewed by Livigs Review Date: 08/17/2015

The food here was delicious. I originally had reservations for the California Grill, but I made an error in planning out my dining plan, and the Cali Grill took 2 meals, which I didn't have budgeted. I was disappointed in having to "downgrade" to the Wave, but it turned out great.
We were there the first night, so I don't remember everything we ordered, but I do remember it was great. I got a steak for dinner that I loved and was cooked perfectly, and the sides were really really good. The "bacon and eggs" app, which was pork belly with an egg yolk over cheesy grits was incredible. High quality like that you'd get in a high end restaurant.
This was my favorite sit down dinner while I was in Disney.

Pros:

Food; friendly service

Cons:

Slow

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 04/30/2015

My wife and I ate here on Sunday, April 19, 2015. We did not have any advanced dining reservations, but only had a short 3-4 minute wait when we showed up at 5:30pm. Once seated out server quickly showed up and took our drink orders. When she returned, she offered some great suggestion regarding the menu. My wife got the Tenderloin and I got the Braised Short Rib.

This meal was easily, and by far, the best one we had on this trip to WDW. The tenderloin was fork tender and my beef rib was supper moist and tender as well. The sides for both dishes were also excellent. We both really enjoyed our food. I’d recommend to anyone as the prices were very reasonable.

Pros:

Great Food, Great Service

Reviewed by Ekimdnal Review Date: 10/24/2014

The food was good nothing more. There is no real atmosphere there to tell you that you are anywhere of note, could be the corner restaurant in your own neighborhood. Will not revisit unless they do something to peek my interest.

Pros:

good food

Cons:

atmosphere

Reviewed by cjane65 Review Date: 09/21/2014

This was a last minute choice, my kids/grandkids wanted a monorail ride! It was a happy one tho. The food was wonderful, fresh and clean and perfectly prepared. Our waiter was precise and helpful with just enough of a joke to keep us smiling but dignified. It was a little difficult to find, I went on vague memories of previous posts.....

Pros:

food, service

Reviewed by Environmentalist Review Date: 07/23/2014

The Wave is amazing. If you are a foodie who values locally grown, organically raised food, this is the restaurant for you. The food is outstanding, with tremendous variety and flavor. Moreover, due to the Wave's odd location - tucked away in the 'basement' of the Contemporary, it was uncrowded while we ate. The restaurant was perhaps half full and quieter than any Disney restaurant I've eaten in for a long time.

Be sure to try the Wave. You'll be glad you did!

Pros:

Food is amazing, a hidden gem

Cons:

none at all!

Reviewed by Breeze1979 Review Date: 05/19/2014

We loved the food! Great gem of a restaurant that shouldn't be missed.

Reviewed by kretzklan Review Date: 01/15/2014

The staff here were lifesavers. We had Chef Mickey's reservations for my birthday - we missed them due to bus issues...I was heartbroken, but one of the cooks from Chef Mickey's walked us down and explained the situation to Waves...even during the week after Christmas - they seated us quickly and treated me so well for my big day. They were wonderful! We wouldn't have chosen this restuarant because we tend to pick more 'themey' places...however, this was a lovely surprise. The food was excellent (burgers were GREAT), but there are not a lot of offerings. Everything was FRESH for sure. Lovely server as well!

Pros:

so wonderfully accomodating

Cons:

very limited menu

Other topics in Contemporary