Reviews of Blizzard Beach

Blizzard Beach is a themed water park ski resort with slushy, slippery, exhilarating slopes and rides.

Reviewed by cop447 Review Date: 06/08/2013

I took my boys ages 11 and 14 to the water park to try something different then the big four parks on property. We opened the park at 9am and closed with it at 6pm that evening. The boys loved the amount of water slides to go on and went over and over again. We had a rainstorm that nearly cleared the park so we didn't have lines later in the day. Small children would like Typhoon Lagoon better but for tweens and teenagers who like adventure this is your park. If you like water slides I would recommend being in good shape as you will climb a lot of stairs. The lazy river is relaxing and the beach is very nice at the wave pool. The wave pool is not as big as it needed to be and can get very crowded. A fun day overall with great themes.

Pros:

Water slides

Cons:

Small wave pool

Reviewed by beck9497 Review Date: 06/03/2013

Only been here twice and couldn't really remember much but didn't take long to figure out why I love Typhoon Lagoon much more. It had stormed on 05/29/13 and there was so much trash (leaves, sticks and other tree stuff) in the lazy river it wasn't even refreshing. Wave pool was so crowded you couldn't enjoy it it needs to be bigger to accomodate the crowds.

Pros:

Frozen Coffees

Cons:

Wave Pool & Lazy River

Reviewed by Jhayes Review Date: 03/10/2013

We visited in early November with 80 degree weather. The water was plenty warm. We arrived at opening, and were able to ride every slide with zero wait. The Pina Coladas are excellent. We spent an hour just enjoying the looong lazy river.

Pros:

Best Water Slides and Lazy River

Cons:

—

Reviewed by Lou28 Review Date: 01/16/2013

Thankfully we got here early and got to ride the more popular rides before the crowds poured in. Teamboat Springs is a really fun family ride. The chair lift line got so long that we opted to climb the stairs. I know I'm not in the best shape, but I thought I was going to have a heart attack...so many stairs! The lines for most rides were nearly an hour. The Creek was packed! It was wall-to-wall inner tubes (if you could even get a tube). Many people were just walking along the creek. Also, it was hard to find chairs, although they were mostly empty. As is often the case, people "reserve" chairs with a towel and never use them. My biggest complaint is about the rough/dangerous surfaces on the bottom of the pools. My husband flipped off his raft at the bottom of a slide and had about 15 inches of cuts and scrapes along his back. We had to go to first aid for numerous large bandages. Later in the day my daughter was knocked down by the waves in wave pool and cut her knee. Back to first aid again. I was sorry for my daughter and husband, but also felt disgusted to think this happens to others and how much blood gets in the water. After 20+ trips I can finally say I went to Blizzard Beach, but I'm not rushing to get back. The best thing would be to get there early, rides the big rides, eat some donuts (yum!) and leave, but given the price of tickets that's an expensive few hours. Wear water shoes...surfaces are rough and hot.

Pros:

teamboat springs, donuts

Cons:

crowded, long lines, rough surfaces, lots of stair climbing

Other topics in WATER PARKS at WDW