Reviews of All Star Music Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Music - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asm.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewer: Big-T Review Date: 09/30/2018

A great budget resort. Perfectly fine for a group of six. We stayed in a preferred room to be closer to the front on our last trip. Food court was very good. Pool was large. There’s an on-site laundry room that takes quarters and cards. The busses ran fast and frequent.

Pros:

Decent prices. Frequency of busses. Good food. Secret menu items.

Cons:

You will share the buss with the other two All Star Resourts. Sometimes they can be very full. However they are frequent, there’s always another coming along shortly.

Reviewer: TLynch Review Date: 09/26/2018

Fun resort for all ages.

Pros:

Reasonable prices. Property well maintained. Clean rooms.

Cons:

Bus service was not the best.

Reviewer: featheredbuddy Review Date: 09/01/2014

I loved All Star Music the first time we visited This trip was the total opposite from last time. Our toilet had dried you know what on it when we arrived and my infant grandson found it. We also had bugs and lizards getting into the room under the door.
The food court is being renovated and while the resort is trying to make it easy to get food it simply isn't. The bus waits were very long and were almost full by the time they arrived at music. We waited in line over hour at Downtown Disney.

Pros:

The front desk staff does try hard to help.

Cons:

Room was dirty and we had lizards and bugs in room

Reviewer: HOBBES Review Date: 10/24/2013

I hate to submit a bad review of anywhere in the World-I mean, its THE WORLD, but this was so disappointing. To start we had no fridge-annoying but not the end of the world, but when I asked at the desk I was promised a cool box "within the hour"-for 3 successive days before it was actually delivered! This is not what I expect from Disney-if they say they will do something I expect it done. The food court was awful due to ASSports being closed and everyone being bussed/walking over to ours. If I had known in advance of this I would have swapped to Pop. By far the most annoying was the buses to the Parks. First thing in a morning it seemed whichever bus we were waiting for, that was the one that didn't turn up for 30 minutes or more. On our first morning it was 40 minutes for a bus to MK. During that time every other park got at least 2 buses-DTD got 5-at 9am! Bizarrely in the evenings there was no problem leaving the parks with buses being plentiful even at park closing. The room was clean and perfectly functional, with mousekeeping a little too prompt-8.30 most mornings we were visited unless we stuck the sign on the door for a lie-in! We definitely won't stop here again just because it seemed so badly serviced for buses and the food court situation-although I accept that will (hopefully) be a one time problem...

Pros:

cheap

Cons:

dreadful buses, horrendous food court, bad service

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

We won't every stay in an All-Star again after our last stay. Now that said, I would let my kids stay there with a sports team or whatnot if they were going to be playing at Wide World and we had to be budget conscious. But for a family vacation, I will pass. I do like for the hotel to be a part of the experience so we spend time at it. If you are staying out except for sleeping then I guess hotel doesn't really matter so much. When we stayed in the ALL-Star we found mold growing in the sink. The granite look counter has a lip over the sink and all the area underneath that lip had chunks of mold. I just happened to be sitting on the bed at the right angle to catch a glimpse and then check it out. We did complain and we did get a free night for another value resort - so Disney did make it right. And I would hope they changed their cleaning policies. We have stayed in all the values and all the moderate resorts. The moderates may cost a little more but you do get more for the money. The values attract the very budget conscious and we have noticed a lot more of the yelling/bickering type of parents or the ones that ignore their kids totally and let them wreak havoc in the values than what we run into at the moderates. I can't say I wouldn't recommend it because you did get the Disney added values of staying in a Disney resort so I would choose it over a motel off property for sure.

Pros:

Affordable, on Disney property so you get Extra Magic Hours and Disney Transportation included

Cons:

Cleanliness was an issue for us on a past visit, and while most guests were great - we always run into the loud/obnoxious ones at the value resort pools. Might be just our luck...

Reviewer: janiceb402 Review Date: 09/26/2018

I have stayed here in both regular rooms and in the family suites. These family suites were the first, before the ones in the Art of Animation and they are nearly as nice, but they are less expensive. We had 5 adults in there and it was a tight squeeze at night. When everyone opened their beds, one of us had to end up in the hallway for everyone to fit. However, there were 2 bathrooms, a microwave and a small fridge.

In all of the rooms, the one window looks out onto the walkway, so everyone has to pass by your window as they are coming and going. I want to warn everyone to CLOSE THE DARK CURTAINS if you are in the room at night with the lights on. My sister and I made a game of counting how many nude and semi-nude people we saw each night when returning to our rooms.

Be warned that if you don't pay extra for a preferred room, you can be walking a long way to the food and transportation.

My main complaint is the bus service. These resorts are way out in the direction of Animal Kingdom, so it takes longer than average to get anywhere anyway. But this resort shares buses with the other 2 All Star resorts. So the buses fill-up quickly, are almost always super crowded, and even though you are near the front of the line at the resort, you might get on the first bus that comes along. If you stay here, I would try to travel at non-popular times if it doesn't put too much of a crimp in your vacation.

Pros:

least expensive, family suite

Cons:

bus service is crowded, lack of privacy in rooms

Reviewer: momof3inMadisonAL Review Date: 01/13/2014

We decided to stay at ASMu originally because my in laws were going with us. We wanted a suite and they would need a regular room. Although we love AoA, we knew that there, it would mean our rooms would not be close together. Our reservations were a mess from the get go (booked with a bounceback offer which is evidently completely different than calling the main Disney reservation number). We ended up with 3 rooms at ASMu (after one of the reservations was lost) and we couldn't change resorts when we tried because our dates overlapped with the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

When we checked in and went to our rooms, we found that two rooms weren't connecting (not a good thing for a family of 6). We had to go back to the front desk to fix it. It took at least 30 mins to change 2/3 of our rooms. In the end, we were in the same building as my in laws, but not really close. With all the rooms, I really don't understand why they can't find 3 of them together.

I also want to state that we had NO refrigerator and did not know before we checked in that they were still having issues. We did get one delivered for my daughter's medication.

The rooms were in section 4 or 5 - farthest from the main building. It really made going to the QS inconvenient, especially after paying top dollar for those refill mugs. The QS was super busy and hard to find a table since the QS at ASSports was closed for renovation.

We have stayed in ASSports and ASMovies (3 times). Out of the All Stars, music is my least favorite. I just didn't like the theme as much as the others. Plus at least at ASMovies, the cheap rooms are near the food court for ASMusic so you don't have to walk as far.

Pros:

co$t

Cons:

theme, distance to food court

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 09/29/2018

We had a nice stay at the All Star Music resort. The resort is very clean and the staff is friendly. I wish I had known that you could request a new mattress because the worst part of my stay was a lumpy squeaky mattress that had seen better days. Every once in a while we like to stay on property just for something different but for the price there are much nicer rooms with much more space and comfort just off property. It all depends on whether you need to be in the "bubble" or not.

Pros:

Being on property and 24/7 magic, very clean and very safe feeling.

Cons:

Small rooms, basic amenities for the money, looong wait for busses.

Reviewer: auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

I have had to opportunity to stay here on multiple occasions. I love that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to stay here. I love the big pool and the activities planned at the pool. I don't love the screaming kids that run past your room while you are trying to sleep. I don't love the packed out buses. I also don't love that this resort always seems to have lots of tour groups, HS groups, etc.

Pros:

Affordable Cute themeing

Cons:

Very noisy Lots of tour groups, high school groups, etc.

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 10/07/2017

My best friend and I were excited to stay on property since we usually try to cut costs and the first thing to go is the hotel stay. Even in the value resorts it typically costs close to 3 times as much as we pay for a much nicer room off property so we don't do it often. In my opinion a $120 room should feel at least a slight bit cushy.

I will say that we adore the layout and the theme of ASM and we enjoyed being immersed in the Disney bubble. The cast members were very friendly and our room was always cleaned very well. My biggest problem was with the beds. My bed creaked and thumped every time I got up and there was a huge dip in the middle. It felt like I was at grandma's house in the spare room lol. I didn't realize that I could have complained and they would have changed out the mattress until I got home and someone told me. That just sounded like I would be asking too much but Disney does go above and beyond.

We had asked for a room on the top floor in the Broadway section and got just what we asked for. It was very quiet there and we heard no noise from anyone around us. The rooms had everything you would need even if a bit smaller than your usual hotel room. The carpet needed replacing badly and this was the first time I have seen an area of Disney that was in need of a refurb. Usually everything on property looks new. Hopefully they'll get to that soon. All in all, we both decided that a value wasn't a good way to spend our money and that we would both rather stay off property if we were spending $120 a night and have a much more comfortable place to sleep and not have to bring my own coffee pot. For that price just outside the gates you can get a pretty luxurious room. Disney really needs to rethink what value means. Back in the day these rooms would be a value at $69 to $89 but those days seem long gone as we travel in the off season and it's well over $100. This type of room should max out at $79.

Pros:

Cute theme, on property

Cons:

pricey for what you get, very uncomfortable beds