Reviews of All Star Music Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Music - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asm.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 02/16/2019

I received an email and text with my room number. I walked into my room. It was an accessible room. I'm glad that this room type is offered by Disney...but...for someone who cares for a parent in a house that has bars in the bathroom and other aids, although some me disagree, but a few days of escapism is often needed and isn’t that what Disney is for? I call for a room change, the cast member's reply was "but it is an upgrade." I explained, I did not ask for an upgrade and I do not want to be in an accessible room. Again, he tells me it is an upgrade and since I am traveling alone, we put you in a kind, and all king rooms are accessible, and again I explained I did not ask for a king, I did not ask for an upgrade, I booked and paid for a standard room. I was told he would see what he could do. Sorry, no, you will get me the room I paid for. Please do not assume a person traveling alone wants an upgrade, wants a king bed or doesn't care what type of room they are in.

Finally, I am moved to another room. I left my bags and went out for a few hours.
I got back to the room to shower and ready for sleep.
I turned down the bed and there was a hair in it.
I once again called guest services. The cast member asked if this was my hair. Now lets be real, would I call if it was my hair?! Apparently, my answer wasn't good enough, so she asked if I just checked in. No, but it is the time I turned down the bed. Did that mean, if i checked in later I don't get a clean room? At last, she agreed to send housekeeping. In the meantime, I emailed the hotel manager. After a while, the housekeeping manager called to let me know someone would be there to clean.
While waiting, the duty manager came to look and take a picture of the hair. He would like to know what they could do for me, would I like fast passes, and no I would not. He was kind and listened. He credited back the night cost.
If this was the end, it wouldn't be a total disaster...maybe get two stars for effort...but it wasn't the end...

The next afternoon I was in my room after a morning out. Of course, the room wasn't cleaned, dirty towels still there, messy bed... And funny, a knock on the door, a housekeeping manager was there to inspect the room, make sure it was properly cleaned. Sure come on in, but there is nothing to see, no one came to clean the room. Eventually, he had someone come. And needless to say, the manager never came to inspect the room.

That evening, I went for dinner in the hotel's food court. I ordered fish, there was bacon under it. I don't eat bacon, or any meat for that matter. I brought it back, a manager type, saw me and came right over, he gave it back to be thrown away and told the chef to make another without bacon. She told the cook to make one without bacon. This didn't make him happy, as he loudly and obnoxiously said, "now I have to start over." I got the new plate. Sat down, moved the fish over, there was bacon. I brought it right back, and the manager asked if there was something I wanted. Well, not for someone that a doesn't eat meat or the awful plant based meat, no there is nothing there to eat. And please, that is not pizza. I left for another hotel for dinner. And emailed the same address as the night before.

That night's duty manager called. He talked to the chef in the kitchen and can't understand how this happened. Easy, the cook was annoyed, he didn't clean the pan, period, either by laziness or spitefulness. I asked the manager what would have happened if I had a bacon allergy? He said talk to the chef...I DID! At that point I said I'm done talking there is no point. I have had it with explaining why I'm not at fault for your poor services. Again, do I want fast passes to make up for this. NO I DO NOT! So he credited me 20 dollars for the walk to the other hotel and mentioned someone about cashing out.

The day before check out, I got back to my room and needless to say no housekeeping. I saw the cart in the room next door that morning, but for whatever reason, didn't make up my room. I could not believe I was calling for service again. It took about an hour, but someone finally came.

Finally, it was time to pack and end this miserable stay. I went to check out and ask about the credit. If I hadn’t asked, their credit would never have paid out. You would believe you would get a credit to the credit card they now keep on file during your trip, they don’t unless you use the card while there. I didn’t.

You can't make this stuff up! Just don’t stay here.!

Reviewer: vickey t Review Date: 09/30/2018

Best of the value resorts by far.

Pros:

Love the guitar shaped pool with three cabelleros

Reviewer: Big-T Review Date: 09/30/2018

A great budget resort. Perfectly fine for a group of six. We stayed in a preferred room to be closer to the front on our last trip. Food court was very good. Pool was large. There’s an on-site laundry room that takes quarters and cards. The busses ran fast and frequent.

Pros:

Decent prices. Frequency of busses. Good food. Secret menu items.

Cons:

You will share the buss with the other two All Star Resourts. Sometimes they can be very full. However they are frequent, there’s always another coming along shortly.

Reviewer: Nat Review Date: 09/30/2018

Great themed hotel with family suites. Was nice to have a kitchenette and extra bathroom.

Pros:

Big pool

Cons:

Crowded buses and sometimes having to wait for the next one

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

We won't every stay in an All-Star again after our last stay. Now that said, I would let my kids stay there with a sports team or whatnot if they were going to be playing at Wide World and we had to be budget conscious. But for a family vacation, I will pass. I do like for the hotel to be a part of the experience so we spend time at it. If you are staying out except for sleeping then I guess hotel doesn't really matter so much. When we stayed in the ALL-Star we found mold growing in the sink. The granite look counter has a lip over the sink and all the area underneath that lip had chunks of mold. I just happened to be sitting on the bed at the right angle to catch a glimpse and then check it out. We did complain and we did get a free night for another value resort - so Disney did make it right. And I would hope they changed their cleaning policies. We have stayed in all the values and all the moderate resorts. The moderates may cost a little more but you do get more for the money. The values attract the very budget conscious and we have noticed a lot more of the yelling/bickering type of parents or the ones that ignore their kids totally and let them wreak havoc in the values than what we run into at the moderates. I can't say I wouldn't recommend it because you did get the Disney added values of staying in a Disney resort so I would choose it over a motel off property for sure.

Pros:

Affordable, on Disney property so you get Extra Magic Hours and Disney Transportation included

Cons:

Cleanliness was an issue for us on a past visit, and while most guests were great - we always run into the loud/obnoxious ones at the value resort pools. Might be just our luck...

Reviewer: vincent Review Date: 09/30/2018

good value, basic amenities. some buildings long walk

Pros:

price, value, themeing, suites

Cons:

some buildings distant

Reviewer: Howie Review Date: 09/30/2018

Our family of 5 has stayed in the family suites at ASM twice(2015, 2017). The bedroom was a nice size, the living room pull outs took up a lot of space, making it a bit cramped. We found this tight, but we were too tired to move around the room anyways. Buses to the parks were usually on time, although a few times a second bus was dispatched quickly.

Pros:

comfortable and affordable.

Cons:

food court items limited. Far from the parks and Disney Springs

Reviewer: allieoopirwin Review Date: 09/29/2018

This is our favorite of the All Stars. The pool is nice and big, the rooms are comfortable and the staff has always been top notched. The food court could use some variety, it's not as good as it once was.

Pros:

Price and atmosphere

Cons:

Terrible wait times for the buses. This is literal my only complaint of this resort

Reviewer: Claire Review Date: 09/29/2018

Disneys Value Resorts are what it says on the tin...Value. All Star Music is pay for what you get basically. The beds are Double and the pillows are not as comfy and plump as a Moderate however sleep was good. You get a fridge in room. Shower and sink area was all great spacious. The noise however is a problem as it is a very busy resort and a lot of families stay here with young children so prepare for disturbance early mornings when they wake early and are excitable. If you get a connecting room and you are not with another family, if the noise bothers you you can put a pillow on the bottom of the door and it helps drown out any noise from your neighbours. The pools are fantastically themed. The theming of the resort is amazing and one of the reasons to choose this resort with children. They love it. Food court can be busy on a morning but we bought snacks for our room and went to the parks to eat there most days but the food it good.

Pros:

Theming of this resort is amazing and conveniently located

Cons:

Buses get crowded and have to wait longer for second or third buses to get you back from resorts at night after fireworks

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

My kids favorite resort

Pros:

We have stayed at 8 resorts so far and this is my kids favorite one. Love the theming and pools. Food is great also.

Cons:

no cons