Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by alwill Review Date: 02/06/2016

We just spent a couple of days in early February 2016 at POP. While we usually stay at Moderate WDW resorts, we opted for POP because of our short stay and an incredibly low price per a FL Resident Special Rate. We knew the Value resorts tend to be busier because we've stayed at others in the past. However, we had no idea it would be as busy as it was during this typically slow time at the World.

POP was hopping, the buses were packed going to-and-from the parks and the food court looked to be jamming (although we didn't eat there.)

The room was pretty small but comfortable, and relatively close to the bus/parking lot. The only negative aspect was how packed the buses were going anywhere (well, except to Epcot) as we saw buses from other resorts hardly near capacity. We were able to take a double-length bus to MK which was interesting. If you do ride one and end up standing within the hinge between the two sections, note there is a small disk that will rotate when the bus makes its turn. The lady standing on it during our ride was a bit unnerved when she found herself moving from side to side. like she was on a Lazy Susan.

Overall, it was about what you'd expect from a Value resort. We were just surprised it occurred during what is usually a slow time at Disney.

Pros:

Costs

Cons:

Over-capacity buses

Reviewed by Lisa B Review Date: 09/27/2018

We stayed at Pop for the first (and last!) time from July 3-July 17 2018. I had high hopes for this resort bc of the positive reviews. But this trip was our worst yet in regards to the resort. We arrived at the resort around 10 am and our room wasn’t ready. We had anticipated this so we checked in and left our carryons with baggage services as we had planned a day at Disney Springs eating, bowling and shopping. We returned to the resort at the official checking time of 4pm where they told us they were working on our room now so it would be done “soon”. So we went to get our resort mugs and let my youngest daughter play in the arcade for a bit. By 5pm I still had t heard anything so we went back to the desk where they told us it was now ready and our luggage was already there. We go to our room and I start unpacking so we can change, freshen up, and go out to dinner. My oldest daughter pulls down the Murphy bed to discover a roach on it. I capture it and put it in a container and have everyone search for more critters. We saw another one but it went under the bed and I said let it go lol. When we pull back the sheets on the Murphy bed, they’re sandy and stained. By this time my blood is boiling. I tell the girls to pack everything back up bc this room is obviously still dirty while I call the front desk to tell them and they say they’ll send housekeeping with fresh sheets. Seriously?? My blood was boiling and I had completely lost my Disney spirit lol. I took Ralph the roach with me, plopped him on the counter and said my room was already occupied and I needed a new room please (I admit, not my finest moment). They agreed to give us a new room but, wait for it, it wasn’t ready yet lol!! They said to go ahead to dinner and they would text us the new number and transfer our bags over. When we get to the new room we can’t get in, the batteries in the door lock are dead. We finally get in our room and yup our bags arent there. Final trip to the front desk for that night to gain access to our old room to claim our bags. They offer to get someone to come move them for us but at this point I had zero faith in their capabilities so I said we’d do it ourself. We didn’t get into our new room with our bags until after 11pm. You know what they gave us for that insane night? 1/2 off 1 nights stay. Normally I’m not a complainer and I don’t look for handouts, but in this case we were inconvenienced beyond a “minor incident or 2”, and only 1 of the cast members I dealt with showed any sort of compassion or enthusiasm for their job. The debacle of the first day aside, I would still rate Pop low. The food court always had something broken, whether it was the ice machine, soda machine, toaster, etc. the food court cashiers were inconsistent. One said you could have this with the dining plan, others said no. Brazilian tour groups were there and I now understand why so many complain about them. They are loud and rude. They were stomping ketchup packets on the floor while their chaperones all sat at a table together ignoring them. They shoved my daughter so hard she fell down so they could get on the bus ahead of us. You complain about them and cast members shrug helplessly. Next trip, it is definitely back to the All Stars for me!!

Pros:

Refurbished rooms with lots of storage space and USB plugs Nice grounds/views of Hourglass Lake

Cons:

Brazilian tour groups Roaches Cast members that weren’t very helpful This list could take all day

Reviewed by Smitty Review Date: 09/27/2018

Had high hopes, rooms were new which was a plus but everything else was OMG was free dining worth this? NO!!! The food court is very run down - ice machines didn't work, toasters were broken and the food was worse than a school cafeteria. Wall to wall people, of course. Very noisy. One thing to mention is that Pop Century bus stops are the farthest away at each park - it's #32 out of 34 bus stops at the Magic Kingdom. Last time here for sure.

Pros:

Refurbished rooms were well done, new floors and lots of storage space.

Cons:

Overcrowded and run down.

Reviewed by Peggyf Review Date: 09/19/2016

We just returned from Disney, staying at Pop Century...never again! Room smelled, food court beverage station had horrible tasting drinks. Customer Service is non existent. Very rude at Front Desk! I will spend a little extra and go for a moderate. Just a note..I have been to Disney World 36 times, staying on property, and this was the worst ever.

Reviewed by powpow1971 Review Date: 10/31/2013

I stayed at Pop Century Oct 21-Oct 29 2013. I had a preferred room in the 60s section. I was saddened on how the resort went down hill in just a year. Our maid was never there until 4-5 PM I have never experienced that before. Usually my room has always been cleaned by 1 pm at the latest. I was shocked at how dirty band aids were in my bed when I first turned it down on the day of check in. The white blanket on day 3 was swapped out and replace by a dingy dirty looking blankets. I had 3 people in the room and only 2 towels were left. No shampoo or soap either. I had to call everyday for things and waited until as late as 10 PM to receive room basics. Upon check in I made sure my room had NO charging privileges. My express checkout was declined the day before we left and when I went down to the front desk to see what was going on I was told I had a bill to pay..HELLO my room had no charging. My lat name is Powell. I'm assuming it was another error because I received another Powell's grocery items at the beginning of the trip. A big chunk of my last evening there was spent arguing over a bill rather than being at the park. I love Disney but will never return to POP

Pros:

my room was ready at 815AM

Cons:

everything else

Reviewed by Tiggary Review Date: 10/27/2013

It took almost 7 hours to get checked in and they never did get the room right the entire time we were there. Never an apology or any comment from Disney. The first entire day we could always find our room by the dirty towel on the balcony a couple of doors down. Towels were not changed out every day. 20+ visits to Disney and this was by far the worst. It was so bad my wife and I probably won't return. Couldn't wait to leave and get home!

Pros:

Can't Think of Anything

Cons:

The whole experience was awful

Reviewed by mycadoo Review Date: 02/01/2013

Hotel was over booked with tour groups it clearly cannot handle. Apparently individual families don't matter, only the money they get from these groups. Food court is overrun, yelling screaming, stomping, it's a nightmare.

Pros:

Cons:

Noisy over crowded and management doesnt address issues

Reviewed by mycadoo Review Date: 11/06/2016

Been here about 20 times , now I know why the recent reviews hav been bad. Booked a room 6 months ago and I explained exactly what we needed. Of course not what I got and the answer was" sorry we are booked." Not acceptable. shame on them. Also no ac in lobby or food court. Do they really need to save money?

Pros:

Cons:

Room incorrect, no help at front desk

Reviewed by EeyoreLove Review Date: 01/01/2016

I was recommended this resort by Passholders who love it. We hated it! I couldn't request a king bed. This absolutely baffled me as it's the main thing you reserve at any other property. I was able to request a "lake view" and we were placed in the 50s, with two double beds. The lake room was quieter until everyone was ready for bed. We could hear everything! I knew what show the neighbors were watching and that the other side were arguing about what park to visit! The beds were iffy, but the pillows were so bad we both had neckaches the whole trip. The toilet became an ongoing joke because it flushes so hard, it moves the air nearby. Of course this means you can hear every toilet nearby and the showers too. Even my white noise app couldn't drown it out. The positives: Mousekeeping was excellent (much better than the moderate resorts!) and being near Art of Animation meant we always had another choice for meals (which were surprisingly tasty) and transportation. Will NOT stay again, would rather travel less often, but actually get some sleep!

Pros:

Close to Art, Mousekeeping

Cons:

LOUD inside the rooms, no bed choice

Reviewed by melanieinma Review Date: 01/26/2014

I stayed Jan. 20-25. I could hear every thing that was going on in the other rooms around me. I could literally hear some one going to the bath room then flush when they were done. Disgusting to say the least. The food court the worst I have experienced at Disney. I did not get one meal for my self or for my family that we were satisfied with whether it was cold, dried out or burgers that were in steamers instead of being grilled fresh. I can not say any thing good about this place.

Pros:

Price

Cons:

Food court,noise