Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by Lea Review Date: 05/28/2019

This resort is so amazing! We have stayed here twice and have never regretted it. The property is beautiful and the option of AoA is right nearby for more food/souvenir options. This resort has three pools, which is way more than your typical hotel. Architecture is wonderful and it just feels so nice.

Pros:

great facility, great food court, and merchandise areas

Cons:

long bus rides

Reviewed by dendasetaro Review Date: 05/06/2019

I have stayed in Disney many times and always at one of the villa resorts. This was my first time at a value resort and I was very apprehensive but it turned out that it was fantastic. They're where 3 of us in the room and it was comfortable and clean. The maid service was fabulous, I called for towels they where there within 5 minutes, another time I called for more coffee and they came with a large amount and that was within 2 minutes. We are not use to the cafeteria style food but it really wasn't bad at all. We were in the 50's building which had recently been refurbished, we were over looking the pool and close to the main building and buses. The buses service was impressive, if the bus was full they sent another one in minutes. We had requested an adjoining room or at least near one another and we got the adjoining room, when we asked for one at the Boardwalk the other room was downstairs and across the hotel from us!! The arcade was excellent for the kids and very reasonable and for the adults the massage chairs are well worth the $2 for 10 Minutes. I will be staying here again and again.

Pros:

Exceptional maid service and bus service was impressive also

Cons:

There was no table and chairs outside the room to have a cup of coffee in the morning (that's all I can complain about!!)

Reviewed by Leanne Review Date: 04/24/2019

To me this resort is the most fun resort in WDW and I have stayed in many of their resorts over the past 40 years. I love the music from the different decades, the food court is great and it has the most efficient transportation of any of the resorts. The service staff is just great and will go out of their way to help you.

Pros:

Transportation, fun feeling, great food court

Cons:

Rooms are small and can be noisy at times especially if you stay near the pools

Reviewed by marge Review Date: 04/18/2019

Best value resort for seniors

Pros:

Pop Century is located close to the parks, atmosphere is friendly, staff is very helpful. Love the new renovations at Pop Century, there is TONS of space for your items, the bathroom design is awesome (wish I had one like this at home!). Love the idea of the hideaway bed.

Cons:

we used to be able to make reservations months ahead for our stay and now we have to book a year ahead to guarantee we get a room

Reviewed by KathyG Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have been staying at this resort since 2004. The updates are fabulous! I love that there are no more rugs! The room functions well with added outlets, lights and phone outlets. Can’t beat the price either.

Pros:

Updated rooms

Cons:

Would be tight if more than 3 people.

Reviewed by disneymom07 Review Date: 09/27/2018

We can't say enough about the pop century resort, for the past 5 visits we stayed there.We love that resort.

Pros:

Very friendly staff, a good variety of food, beautifully upgraded rooms, when hurricane Irma came, the resort was on point helping their guests feel comfortable and safe.

Cons:

Only con I can think of is the buses coming back from theme parks seem to take awhile compared to other buses that came more than once while we were waiting for our bus to show up.but we muddled through it.

Reviewed by TooSweetMe Review Date: 06/19/2018

We stayed in September of 2017. The room was a King Bed in the 50s set of rooms. We were ground floor and had the old rooms that hadn't be refurbished yet. This was my 6th stay at Pop and it was another delightful one! We landed just before MCO closed in preparation for Irma. I've been to Disney close to 15 times, so I was very interested to see how the resort handled the hurricane. The parks were closed for 2 days, so we had to hang around the resort for those 2 days. We walked around, read the signs, played Pokemon and headed over to Art of Animation as well. Being able to walk to AoA makes this resort an even better destination. Not only can you go Everything Pop's food court but you also get Landscape of Flavors at AoA. The walk is very pleasant. Our only complaint is the food we were offered because of the hurricane. I understand Disney needed to get sandwiches and salads to resort guests so the guests have food while the resort is closed, but it put a damper on having the dining plan. Besides that, this is far and away the best value resort. The cost is just a few dollars more a night than the all stars, but Pop doesn't seem to get the large tourist groups or the large sports teams. It isn't the newest value, AoA is, but AoA is usually discounted less, or doesn't get the free dining plan offered at all. Pop gets the free dining plan, has a large food court, a dedicated bus service, newly refurbished rooms across the resort (now), and has the AoA food court access. I love Pop Century and will always choose Pop as my home resort when I am visiting.

Pros:

Clean room, close to hall

Cons:

Old carpet, dim lighting

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

Another stay at Pop: early arrival room-top floor-
90's building-all requests fulfilled. I like the refurbished rooms. Great utilization of space.
My room had a shower only, no bath tub, which I didn't know existed. Not a problem for me but someone might mind not having tub. Nice selection in the food court at the grab and go area.
Magical Express service can't be beat.

Pros:

another nice stay

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

For my Oct 30 visit, I was so pleased to have all my room requests filled-early arrival, upper floor and building 9-newly refurbished. The room was delightful! In May I stayed in building 1 so I had a recent experience with the old decor. The new room is smartly designed utilizing the space very well. It felt huge to me. I loved the Mickeys over the bed! I didn't pull down the murphy bed to see the Plutos over the bed but I'll bet they are cute too. Really a comfortable, clean room.

Pros:

Nice new room!

Reviewed by djembe300 Review Date: 10/20/2017

I wish they would post the bus times on the TV, just like they post the hrs of the parks. :-) :-) :-)

We love the POP and the people who stay there.

Pros:

We love our deep cleaning room. AAAAAA++++++

Cons:

I wish they would post the bus times on the TV.