Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge JAMBO House (Disney Vacation Club)

Opened in existing Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2007.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/akv.htm

Reviewer: wattage Review Date: 09/25/2014

We stayed one night in a deluxe studio room in Jambo House on September 19, 2014. Our room had a great pool view. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was a little harder than my wife would have liked, but I thought it was fine. Our daughter stayed on the sofa bed which she said was OK for one night.

The resort is themed with an incredible eye for detail. Every aspect of the resort reflects the “African” theme. The lobby is very inviting and quite large. We wished we’d had more time to explore the resort so we plan on returning for a longer stay in the future.

Pros:

Great Theme, Clean, Friendly Staff

Cons:

Lighting

Reviewer: peachmermaid Review Date: 09/12/2014

Our first stay at jambo house & hopefully not our last! We stayed on the 5th floor, giving us a good view of some of the property. The lobby is gorgeous. The staff we came into contact with were very nice & worked hard to make our stay a good one. Our room was a nice size for just the 2 of us. The tub was a nice size but the bathroom was a bit tiny. I'd give up a few inches of counter space for a few more in the bathroom. I'd stay here again for sure, even if it's a bit longer to get to the parks.

Pros:

view, comfy furniture

Cons:

distance from mk, epcot

Reviewer: acwade11 Review Date: 08/25/2014

This is our favorite resort. We love everything about it. It is further from the parks, but it's a nice secluded feeling resort.

Pros:

size, pool, atmosphere, restaurants, gift shop

Reviewer: acwade11 Review Date: 08/25/2014

We love everything about Jambo house, except for the size. We really love the little sitting areas they have, the pool & the proximity to buses

Pros:

animal views, pool, atmosphere

Cons:

size

Reviewer: Nicklissa Review Date: 12/28/2013

Our family of four (husband and my in-laws) stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House on DVC points in a 2-bedroom lock-off with a savannah view December 22-27, 2013. The lobby never fails to amaze us, as we have seen it on numerous visits to the on-site restaurants. Our home resort is AKL Kidani and this was our first time staying at Jambo House. The theming is magnificent, the savannah quite beautiful, and the feeling of the Disney magic is definitely there. Check in was easy and cast members were very nice.

We stayed on the 5th floor (I believe all DVC units are on the 5th floor). We had a 2-bedroom lock off and both rooms had a musty/old smell. The larger 1-bedroom was hot all of the time - the a/c was not working well and the occupancy sensor was deformed, as if someone broke it. The fridge was also beat up - large, and I mean LARGE dents in the fridge were not exactly Disney-level. The small "island" in the kitchen had damaged legs, was uneven, and wobbled. The dining room table legs were also damaged and was wobbly. Some of the chairs were damaged and were also uneven.

The worst part was the studio lock-off. My husband and I shared this space. The couch had a VERY LARGE and VERY WET stain on one cushion - we were afraid to use the couch at all and put the bedspread on it and avoided both the entire week.

The 1-bedroom kitchen/dining/and living room were very small - VERY SMALL - especially compared to our stays at Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Boardwalk, Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Hilton Head, etc. etc. We were always bumping into each other. The main bedroom was fine, the bathroom a good size. The studio lock-off adjoining the main 1-bedroom was also small. The bathroom was ridiculously small - barely enough room to turn around in to shut the door. We found it claustrophobic. TV's in both rooms were nice - a fair size and they pulled out from the hutch and were able to be turned. Ceiling fans appeared old, and were very, very noisy.

We enjoyed the savannah view, which made up for a lot. However, with the very obvious dents/damage and size - and the large amount of points required for a Christmas Week stay (not to mention the price if one were to pay cash), it was disappointing. It needs updating, cleaning, and repairs.

The Mara quick service restaurant was nice - my husband and I are vegetarians and we were able to find items to eat without asking for special accommodation - a huge plus.

The resort itself, outside of the rooms, is beautiful and well maintained. Yes, we would go back - but only on points at the Kilimanjaro Club level. Otherwise, if staying in a regular 2-bedroom, we'll go to Kidani every time until updates are made.

Pros:

Savanna view; most cast members; on-site restaurants; theme/Disney magic

Cons:

aged accommodations; some cast members

Reviewer: Siage77 Review Date: 11/14/2013

The most beautiful resort we have stayed in. Animals are literally right outside your window. They even give you an animal guidesheet to identify the animals you can see. Beautiful pool area and great restaurant!!

Pros:

All!

Reviewer: NJDzneMom Review Date: 11/11/2013

We stayed Nov 2nd - 8th in Jambo House on the 4th Floor. While rooms are very nicely decorated and well suited for the African safari theme, they are very small in comparison to non-Disney deluxe hotels. I wish Disney would rethink this. Housekeeping was good and we had a few towel animals during our stay (not daily). The staff in the Club Level and throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The pool was very nice - though a little cold for my liking this time of year. Transportation was good. The longest trip was to MK (about 25 minutes).

Pros:

Wonderful Theming; Views of Savana Animals

Cons:

Small Rooms

Reviewer: AddictedtoDisney Review Date: 08/17/2013

Our family of 8 stayed at Jambo House 8/3/13-8/10/13. In a 2 bedroom villa with the view of the Savannah. Amazing room space for all, very comfortable. Great views of the animals. Great service, convenience of restaurants and store with-in the resort. We had a full size kitchen equipped with cookware. We actually had a friend bring us our groceries from the super Wal-Mart. Saved some money then shopping at the resorts marketplace. Enjoyed the pool area with the family. Movie nights were great by the pool. Kids really enjoyed themselves. The only negative was being so far from some theme parks and having to get into already very packed buses. Not everyone is willing to give up their seats for a mom holding their 5 month old baby.

Pros:

Atmosphere, Room view, Service

Cons:

Far away from some parks, buses too packed

Reviewer: dgagnon519 Review Date: 07/03/2013

We stayed here from 06/16-06/24. We stayed in a value studio. We requested one of the savannah ones, but ended up with a pool view. There was a beautiful tree by our window, but it was loaded with bees. Our checkin was quick and smooth, probably the best we have ever had. Our room was ready at noon. The service was very good.

Pros:

Beautiful, different, Pricing on points

Cons:

Can be a long walk, bus

Reviewer: MinnieMouseMama Review Date: 06/17/2013

After trying out all the value and most of the moderate resorts, we decided on AKL because my parents finally joined us!! We had an amazing stay in a pool view room. I was worried about the noise, but it was never too loud, even at night. We had no problems with buses being crowded or running late. While some reviewers feel this resort is "too far" away, I have to disagree. Ten more minutes on the bus is not a big deal to stay in such a unique place. If you are worried, please take a look at a WDW map and make the best choice for your family. The rooms are dim, but no so dim that things felt dank. I know that new bedding is in the works, but the old bed spreads really do have to go! We were in a DCV room so there was a fridge, microwave and extra sink which was nice. I will say that the toilet/ shower room is very small. Bathing little children is a challenge. Mousekeeping did a nice job and we had no complaints with the cleanliness of the room. I wasn't sure that a deluxe resort would be worth it, but after our visit to AKL I am sure this was the resort for us.

Pros:

beautiful resort

Cons:

needs new bedding