Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge JAMBO House (Disney Vacation Club)

Opened in existing Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2007.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/akv.htm

Reviewed by Angelakc6yit Review Date: 05/27/2016

Trip timeframe (Mid May). 4 nites at Jambo , room on Kudu trail , floor 5 and boy was the view to die for. Had tons of giraffe, zebra, gazelle and others basically all times of the day . Odd # rooms seem to have a better view of savannah though no guarantee of course:

Room: Very elegant , roomy, well taken care of . Had full kitchen (1 BR) but totally didn't need it .

Restaurants: Boma , Boma, Boma. Did I say Boma? We did the breakfast and I don't care what you like or don't like, there is something for you to eat. Pastries and bread pudding are to die for and for like $20 or so, you can't beat it. A quick serve meal is $10 at Mara . While Mara is okay, found there could be a few more cooked options to choose from but the African stew again to DIE FOR! Flatbread not too shabby either.

Walk to and from rooms is hit and miss. Sometimes it seems a bit far but oh so worth it.

Busses: ONLY issue we had was to Hollywood Studios both times - not sure if that was a coincidence or not. But even so, no longer than like 15 minutes. All others were 2-10 minutes MAX

Our home DVC resort and we keep saying we'll try somewhere else - never happens as there is just too much to love about this place

Pros:

Basically EVERYTHING

Reviewed by disneymom35 Review Date: 11/17/2015

I love Jambo House. It isn't even my home resort, but as soon as I walk through the doors I feel like I'm at home. I've always had nothing but good interactions with all the staff there. The pool area could use a little improvement. It's just so small and loses sun so early. Bus service was great except when going to MK.

Pros:

Friendly staff, great theming

Cons:

MK busses

Reviewed by tinkmama60 Review Date: 10/12/2015

We always love staying at the AKL. Resort is beautiful, clean, and great cast members. The only negative was that the room had an odor of mildew that never really went away. We were only staying a few days, so we didn't complain. It would not keep us from staying there again.

Pros:

Beautiful Resort

Cons:

Room smelled mildewy

Reviewed by purplestarlisa Review Date: 12/15/2014

We stayed for 7 nights in a deluxe studio villa with a savannah view. The resort is themed beautifully. The lobby is breath taking. Our room was comfortable. The lighting in the resort is very dim so putting eye make up on was a challenge! I think the lighting added to the ambience of the resort, though.
We have avoided staying here out of fear for how long it would take to get to the parks via the Disney bus system. We were very pleasantly surprised at how efficient the buses were. We never waited very long, and the furthest park was at most a 20 minute bus trip.
The Mara (the quick service restaurant on site) was excellent, although a very long walk to our room if we wanted to bring food back.
The staff were friendly.
All in all, we had an excellent stay at AKL Jambo House!

Pros:

The entire resort is beautiful; quiet

Cons:

Long walk from lobby to room

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 09/25/2014

We stayed one night in a deluxe studio room in Jambo House on September 19, 2014. Our room had a great pool view. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was a little harder than my wife would have liked, but I thought it was fine. Our daughter stayed on the sofa bed which she said was OK for one night.

The resort is themed with an incredible eye for detail. Every aspect of the resort reflects the “African” theme. The lobby is very inviting and quite large. We wished we’d had more time to explore the resort so we plan on returning for a longer stay in the future.

Pros:

Great Theme, Clean, Friendly Staff

Cons:

Lighting

Reviewed by peachmermaid Review Date: 09/12/2014

Our first stay at jambo house & hopefully not our last! We stayed on the 5th floor, giving us a good view of some of the property. The lobby is gorgeous. The staff we came into contact with were very nice & worked hard to make our stay a good one. Our room was a nice size for just the 2 of us. The tub was a nice size but the bathroom was a bit tiny. I'd give up a few inches of counter space for a few more in the bathroom. I'd stay here again for sure, even if it's a bit longer to get to the parks.

Pros:

view, comfy furniture

Cons:

distance from mk, epcot

Reviewed by acwade11 Review Date: 08/25/2014

This is our favorite resort. We love everything about it. It is further from the parks, but it's a nice secluded feeling resort.

Pros:

size, pool, atmosphere, restaurants, gift shop

Reviewed by acwade11 Review Date: 08/25/2014

We love everything about Jambo house, except for the size. We really love the little sitting areas they have, the pool & the proximity to buses

Pros:

animal views, pool, atmosphere

Cons:

size

Reviewed by Nicklissa Review Date: 12/28/2013

Our family of four (husband and my in-laws) stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House on DVC points in a 2-bedroom lock-off with a savannah view December 22-27, 2013. The lobby never fails to amaze us, as we have seen it on numerous visits to the on-site restaurants. Our home resort is AKL Kidani and this was our first time staying at Jambo House. The theming is magnificent, the savannah quite beautiful, and the feeling of the Disney magic is definitely there. Check in was easy and cast members were very nice.

We stayed on the 5th floor (I believe all DVC units are on the 5th floor). We had a 2-bedroom lock off and both rooms had a musty/old smell. The larger 1-bedroom was hot all of the time - the a/c was not working well and the occupancy sensor was deformed, as if someone broke it. The fridge was also beat up - large, and I mean LARGE dents in the fridge were not exactly Disney-level. The small "island" in the kitchen had damaged legs, was uneven, and wobbled. The dining room table legs were also damaged and was wobbly. Some of the chairs were damaged and were also uneven.

The worst part was the studio lock-off. My husband and I shared this space. The couch had a VERY LARGE and VERY WET stain on one cushion - we were afraid to use the couch at all and put the bedspread on it and avoided both the entire week.

The 1-bedroom kitchen/dining/and living room were very small - VERY SMALL - especially compared to our stays at Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge Villas, Boardwalk, Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Hilton Head, etc. etc. We were always bumping into each other. The main bedroom was fine, the bathroom a good size. The studio lock-off adjoining the main 1-bedroom was also small. The bathroom was ridiculously small - barely enough room to turn around in to shut the door. We found it claustrophobic. TV's in both rooms were nice - a fair size and they pulled out from the hutch and were able to be turned. Ceiling fans appeared old, and were very, very noisy.

We enjoyed the savannah view, which made up for a lot. However, with the very obvious dents/damage and size - and the large amount of points required for a Christmas Week stay (not to mention the price if one were to pay cash), it was disappointing. It needs updating, cleaning, and repairs.

The Mara quick service restaurant was nice - my husband and I are vegetarians and we were able to find items to eat without asking for special accommodation - a huge plus.

The resort itself, outside of the rooms, is beautiful and well maintained. Yes, we would go back - but only on points at the Kilimanjaro Club level. Otherwise, if staying in a regular 2-bedroom, we'll go to Kidani every time until updates are made.

Pros:

Savanna view; most cast members; on-site restaurants; theme/Disney magic

Cons:

aged accommodations; some cast members

Reviewed by Siage77 Review Date: 11/14/2013

The most beautiful resort we have stayed in. Animals are literally right outside your window. They even give you an animal guidesheet to identify the animals you can see. Beautiful pool area and great restaurant!!

Pros:

All!