Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge JAMBO House (Disney Vacation Club)

Opened in existing Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2007.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/akv.htm

Reviewed by Elaine Review Date: 04/24/2019

We landed very late at night. Having a balcony room facing the savannah was amazing. I sat up probably until 2am watching the animals just yards away. The giraffes and zebras were truly amazing. Because this was a last minute trip for us, we only had the opportunity to stay 2 nights before having to move to another hotel. It was a sad day leaving. Being a DVC member and my timeshare with another resort, AK always seems to be sold out (for savannah rooms) by the time my 7 month window opens up. But one day I will be back for sure.

Pros:

Having balcony rooms directly facing the savannahs. And after walking through both Jambo and Kidani, Jambo House is a better location.

Cons:

Not really any cons expect if you don't have a room facing the savannah.

Reviewed by smcolburn Review Date: 04/17/2019

Excellent!

Pros:

Love the animals! Great restaurants Great pool and surroundings

Reviewed by tiggeress Review Date: 03/22/2019

We stayed here for two nights celebrating my husband's bday. I did mobile check-in, and received our room notification at 1:00, so we were able to go directly to our room, bypassing the front desk. The lobby is espansive and beautiful, but is so dark! No matter what time of day you were in there, it seemed to be nighttime. Our poolview room was perfect, with a fabulous view of the pool, and right by the middle elevator. The room was very quiet and comfortable. The only bad thing about the room was again, the lighting. It wasn't so bad in the main room, but was totally inadequate in the bathroom vanity area. It was so hard to put on makeup with the low lighting and the high vanity keeping me away from the mirror. They definitely need to add a lighted makeup mirror. While we did enjoy our stay, it says here on allears that the pool is open until midnight, but this is not true. The pool hours are from 10:00am to 8:00pm, which I believe is too late to open, and too early to close. The hours are so much shorter that other resorts. The hot tubs are open until midnight,but had very bright, harsh lighting, not making for the romantic evening I had anticipated.The lights did not seem to be the reason for the short pool hours, since all lights were kept on all night, even the large spotlights, with one shining directly onto our balcony. The pool itself, when open, was really great, with good drink/food service at your seat. One highlight of the trip was the service at the valet. They were fantastic, very personable and informative, and super prompt.

Pros:

Beautiful,good price for a deluxe,valet

Cons:

Pool hours, lighting in bathroom, lobby, pool, and hot tubs.

Reviewed by Melanie M Review Date: 02/06/2019

As an animal lover this is my favorite resort on property...the atmosphere is great, you can see the animals much better at the resort, although it doesn’t have the same variety as the park.

Pros:

Atmosphere, animals...Boma

Cons:

Noisy pool, not adult friendly at all, very loud pool party for the kids every day that is overwhelming even from the room!

Reviewed by K Cameron Review Date: 10/15/2018

This hotel is beautiful. The staff are fabulous. The beds and pillows are supremely comfortable. Boma is brilliant for a sit-down breakfast or dinner; Maara is great for quick snacks, cold drinks and late night nibbles. Ok, the pool was out of action, but we knew that before going, and it wasn't a big deal to go to the one at Kidani Village. It's a 10 minute stroll or a quick hop on/off a shuttle bus. However, it was busy as we were there in September, it was baking hot, and both hotel and DVC were bus. We only went once. The down side of this hotel was the buses. I could write screeds about them, but I honestly think they need to be looked at again. My sister and I had booked lunch at Disney Springs for 1.30 one day. We left our room at 12.15 and strolled to the bus stop. The time showing was 12.30 for the next DS bus. Then the time started to change in 5 or 10 minute increments. We eventually got on a bus at 1.05pm - a wait of almost 45 minutes. Traffic was heavy and we were delayed. We missed our reservation and ended up going to the Earl of Sandwich instead. We also had problems getting a bus to the MK on a night the Halloween party was running. Again, a wait of almost an hour to get a bus and a very close call with a dining reservation at The Wave. We left in plenty of time (an hour and a half before our reservation), but the bus system was abysmal. We thought we could get on a bus to EPCOT and take the Monorail back, but it seemed like all the party-goers had the same idea and the EPCOT buses (there were 4 that turned up before an MK one did) were jammed. When the MK one showed up, we were squished in like sardines in a can, and made it to our dinner by literally 2 minutes after running back to the Contemporary from the MK parking lot!! PLEASE sort this out.

Pros:

Almost everything!

Cons:

Buses

Reviewed by Herdman Review Date: 10/01/2018

We stayed at the Jambo House from 05/12-05/20/18. We rented points through David's DVC rentals. We absolutely loved the place! The view from our balcony each day was spectacular. The bus service was very good. We highly recommend the Starlight Safari tour!! Very educational and a great way to get up close with the animals.

Pros:

Great room, great restaurants.

Cons:

The lobby was a little dark for our liking. Wish it was a little brighter in there, but a minor detail.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/30/2018

love it for its terraces. I tend to wake before everyone and to be ready quicker too. The greatest enjoyment is sitting on the terrace of my room with a cup of coffee as the sun and animals are beginning to stir.

Pros:

Children learn another culture

Cons:

bus service

Reviewed by Heathfamily Review Date: 09/28/2018

We are pleased to call Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House our home resort. We find ourselves choosing it over and over again despite having other options. The theme is the best. From the moment you get off the Magical Express you are transformed to another land; from the music out doors, the well placed art to the expansive beautiful lobby inside. Plus the smell is my favorite ever.

Rooms are large and spacious and we have always found them to be clean and comfortable.

Pros:

The theme, pool, cultural events and restaurant selections.

Cons:

A bit further from other parks, but we don’t find this to be an issue.

Reviewed by James Jones Review Date: 09/27/2018

Loved it. Very comfortable and spacious.

Pros:

Everything you need.

Cons:

Vacation club rooms are at the far end of the building. Long walk to your room.

Reviewed by jessgallam Review Date: 09/27/2018

Absolutely stunning resort! Make sure to splurge a little and get a room with at least some savanna view you won’t be disappointed. Loved waking up every morning going on the balcony and seeing what animals were waiting. Also has plenty of dining options
My one complaint about this resort is it’s far from everything (except AK) no other transportation options besides buses. Only reason for the 8 rating.

Pros:

Animals!

Cons:

Far from almost everything. Buses can be slow and packed