Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge JAMBO House (Disney Vacation Club)

Opened in existing Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2007.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/akv.htm

Reviewer: Melanie M Review Date: 02/06/2019

As an animal lover this is my favorite resort on property...the atmosphere is great, you can see the animals much better at the resort, although it doesn’t have the same variety as the park.

Pros:

Atmosphere, animals...Boma

Cons:

Noisy pool, not adult friendly at all, very loud pool party for the kids every day that is overwhelming even from the room!

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/30/2018

love it for its terraces. I tend to wake before everyone and to be ready quicker too. The greatest enjoyment is sitting on the terrace of my room with a cup of coffee as the sun and animals are beginning to stir.

Pros:

Children learn another culture

Cons:

bus service

Reviewer: Heathfamily Review Date: 09/28/2018

We are pleased to call Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House our home resort. We find ourselves choosing it over and over again despite having other options. The theme is the best. From the moment you get off the Magical Express you are transformed to another land; from the music out doors, the well placed art to the expansive beautiful lobby inside. Plus the smell is my favorite ever.

Rooms are large and spacious and we have always found them to be clean and comfortable.

Pros:

The theme, pool, cultural events and restaurant selections.

Cons:

A bit further from other parks, but we don’t find this to be an issue.

Reviewer: cmschn Review Date: 09/27/2018

For our first family trip to Disney, we went big by renting points for a Savanah View Studio at Jambo House the first week of December 2017. AKL is the most beautiful hotel I’ve ever been to. Walking into the incredible lobby with the huge Christmas tree was so amazing. I had requested to be near the center of the hotel, and we had the perfect location, the first studio in the Zebra trail I believe. Our room was comfortable and we liked the style of furnishings. The balcony was amazing; we saw so many animals and I loved sitting out there in the evening, listening to the drums and relaxing. The pools at both Jambo and Kidani were amazing and never crowded. We went to Boma, The Mara, and Jiko and thought the food was delicious at all. We couldn’t have been happier, and renting points made a dream vacation financially feasible! We honestly didn’t mind waiting for buses and traveling a little further to the parks; we planned on that and got to all the parks right when we wanted to. This resort allows you to feel completely transported to a unique world while still easily enjoying Disney. Now the problem is: how can we stay anywhere else?

Pros:

Ambiance, Pools, dining, Savannah views

Cons:

For some people the location

Reviewer: Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

What an amazing experience!!! Even though this is a Disney resort they have done a wonderful job of making you feel as if you are in Africa -
even hiring many of their staff directly from Africa. There are hidden Mickeys if you look really hard, but that is not the main theme here. There are two locations: Kidani Village (DVC location) and Jambo House (which has both DVC room and non-DVC rooms available). I prefer staying in Jambo House. They have the larger of the two pools and also have the only quick serve location on property.

There are many things l love about this resort, so I'll list just a few:
* In Jambo House most rooms have a view of either a yard where animals roam during the day or the pool. There is nothing that can compare to waking up in the morning and looking out of your patio door to see a giraffe eating breakfast right outside of your room!
* There are many free activities each day including pool games, meeting with a cultural representative to learn about their country, playing wildlife games (you can earn beads that you can take home with you), cookie decorating, movies by the pool each night, and more!
* You can take a free daily tour of Jiko's and Boma (the full serve restaurants at Jambo House) where they discuss fun details about the restaurant, it's furnishings and also give out free samples
* There is free night viewing of the animals using night-vision glasses
* The Community Center in Kidani Village has free crafts
* Nightly bonfire with free marshmallow roasting

As you can tell, this is my favorite place to stay on property.

Pros:

Very authentic atmosphere.

Cons:

A long way away from all the other theme parks.

Reviewer: nrymut Review Date: 03/31/2017

We stayed in a one bedroom villa the beginning of March. The room had a savanna view. The villas here are smaller than the one bedroom villas at Kidani Village, but the room was fine for just the two of us. The refurbishment here was not as modernized as in some other villas. Sheer curtains were plain and the animal motif was gone. Animal print carpet was replaced with plain carpet. But the lighter paint on the walls really brightened it up and the African decorations are still there. Bed was very comfortable. Love the duvet instead of a full spread. Cast members all friendly and helpful.

Pros:

Room, more peaceful than some resorts

Cons:

Some of the Disney touches gone after refurbishment

Reviewer: Angelakc6yit Review Date: 05/27/2016

Trip timeframe (Mid May). 4 nites at Jambo , room on Kudu trail , floor 5 and boy was the view to die for. Had tons of giraffe, zebra, gazelle and others basically all times of the day . Odd # rooms seem to have a better view of savannah though no guarantee of course:

Room: Very elegant , roomy, well taken care of . Had full kitchen (1 BR) but totally didn't need it .

Restaurants: Boma , Boma, Boma. Did I say Boma? We did the breakfast and I don't care what you like or don't like, there is something for you to eat. Pastries and bread pudding are to die for and for like $20 or so, you can't beat it. A quick serve meal is $10 at Mara . While Mara is okay, found there could be a few more cooked options to choose from but the African stew again to DIE FOR! Flatbread not too shabby either.

Walk to and from rooms is hit and miss. Sometimes it seems a bit far but oh so worth it.

Busses: ONLY issue we had was to Hollywood Studios both times - not sure if that was a coincidence or not. But even so, no longer than like 15 minutes. All others were 2-10 minutes MAX

Our home DVC resort and we keep saying we'll try somewhere else - never happens as there is just too much to love about this place

Pros:

Basically EVERYTHING

Reviewer: disneymom35 Review Date: 11/17/2015

I love Jambo House. It isn't even my home resort, but as soon as I walk through the doors I feel like I'm at home. I've always had nothing but good interactions with all the staff there. The pool area could use a little improvement. It's just so small and loses sun so early. Bus service was great except when going to MK.

Pros:

Friendly staff, great theming

Cons:

MK busses

Reviewer: purplestarlisa Review Date: 12/15/2014

We stayed for 7 nights in a deluxe studio villa with a savannah view. The resort is themed beautifully. The lobby is breath taking. Our room was comfortable. The lighting in the resort is very dim so putting eye make up on was a challenge! I think the lighting added to the ambience of the resort, though.
We have avoided staying here out of fear for how long it would take to get to the parks via the Disney bus system. We were very pleasantly surprised at how efficient the buses were. We never waited very long, and the furthest park was at most a 20 minute bus trip.
The Mara (the quick service restaurant on site) was excellent, although a very long walk to our room if we wanted to bring food back.
The staff were friendly.
All in all, we had an excellent stay at AKL Jambo House!

Pros:

The entire resort is beautiful; quiet

Cons:

Long walk from lobby to room

Reviewer: acwade11 Review Date: 08/25/2014

This is our favorite resort. We love everything about it. It is further from the parks, but it's a nice secluded feeling resort.

Pros:

size, pool, atmosphere, restaurants, gift shop