Reviews of Yacht Club Resort (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort within walking distance of Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_yc.htm

Reviewed by Chrisgriz Review Date: 10/09/2013

We stayed at Yacht Club the end of August for the 4th straight time and we would not stay anywhere else. The staff is wonderful and friendly. We were given a wonderful upgrade to our room upon arrival and the magic just grew from there. The housekeeping crew did everything imaginable to meet our needs and special (allergy) requests. We enjoyed the club level immensely. We had breakfast their every morning except for one (we had Crystal Palace reservations). The food choices were wonderful and always maintained and replenished. The snacks and appertizers were also delicious and plentiful. We always feel like part of the family when staying at YC and have built some lasting relationships with some of the cast members either at the front desk or at the Captian's Grill Restaurant. Upon check-out, we made a point to tell the front desk manager what a "out of this world" vacation we had. He said that we made his day. I said that the Yacht Club jusy made our family's week. Thanks Yacht Club..see you next time.

Pros:

Wonderful Staff and Great Location

Reviewed by clayalex02 Review Date: 09/12/2013

The hotel was beautiful and the lobby smelled great. Tried to find out what they used, but no one would give up the secret. Stayed 8/28-9/5 with DD23, Mom and sister in separate room. We had a waterview room which gave a nice view of the lake and the boat launch. The room was clean and nicely maintained. The only complaint for the hotel is the lack of quick service food choices. You must walk to the Beach Club to get anything and it is a hike. Plus, they close before 11pm so you are out of luck if you want to fill your mug. Also, the choices available for snack were poor. If you want a cupcake, great. But healthy foods not so much. And the place always smelled of burnt cheese.

Pros:

rooms, location,

Cons:

food choices

Reviewed by fluffy30 Review Date: 09/08/2013

We stayed here Sept 1-2 after our cruise and were very disappointed. We arrived at 9 am and waited for a text (it never came) to tell us our rooms were ready. At 4 pm we returned to the front desk to get our room numbers and went to discover our connecting rooms also shared a large balcony with two other rooms. One party had belongings strewn all over the place and our 4 yr olds ran straight into their room. Back at reception, we made it clear that this was not acceptable and were given rather dingy looking rooms overlooking a roof that was littered with beer bottles, trash and an empty beer case. We were shocked and called the front desk to report the mess. After returning from dinner that night we discovered someone had entered our rooms and left curtains pulled back and the balcony door open. To add insult the mess was cleaned up off the roof and all piled outside our door. Another call to the front desk resulted in a bunch of excuses and a basic couldn't care less attitude. This is not a deluxe resort and I have stayed in nicer motels. The pool is great and location to Epcot and Hollywood Studios convenient but I would rather stay elsewhere and drive to the parks.

Pros:

Close to Epcot, quick boatride to Hollywood Studios

Cons:

Poor service, not clean

Reviewed by sreynolds5 Review Date: 08/03/2013

Our family of 5 -- 3 teens, 2 parents-- stayed 3 nights in July. We were very comfortable in a standard room. Our 13 yr. old (5'1") enjoyed sleeping on the daybed & could stretch out completely. I would recommend the daybed for children & petite adults only.

There were minor "flaws" in the room, such as a couple of scuffs on the wall, one place where the wallpaper was coming loose, etc., but these things were barely noticeable and overall the room was beautiful and very clean.

We all had a great time swimming in Stormalong Bay. It was crowded in the afternoons, but late at night there were very few guests swimming and we enjoyed a quieter experience then.

Every castmember we encountered at Yacht Club for our entire stay was friendly & pleasant. (Not so in the parks, I'm sorry to say.)

Location is outstanding. Our family loves to walk around the lake and visit the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast. Walking back to our room from Epcot after the fireworks was easy.

We did not take advantage of our refillable mugs much this time, because the refill station is at Hurricane Hannah's by the pool -- quite a hike from our room. The Ale & Compass (bar) in the lobby will fill your mug for you from 6 a.m. to noon. This is a tight space w/one cast member, though, so there can be a wait. Boardwalk Bakery is a refill station, but we were told that YC guests should use the refill stations at their own resort.

Lastly, we were in room 3032 w/ a standard view of the front of the hotel. We could see some rooftop, but also a lot of trees, the fountain, lush landscaping. Not an unpleasant view. We had a wide porch instead of a balcony. It was huge, & shared w/3 other rooms, though we never ran in to any other guests during our stay. I would LOVE to book rooms 3076, 3078, 3080, & 3082 for a stay w/extended family. All of the rooms share the porch.

Hope we can visit again someday!

Pros:

Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful Location

Reviewed by OneLtlSpark Review Date: 06/17/2013

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Yacht Club in early June. Our stay was perfect from start to finish.

We arrived around 11am and were greeted before we even walked in by an attendant who took our name, retrieved our reservation, and walked us to the front desk to have our check in completed. Our room was not ready yet, but we opted to receive a text when it was ready, and left our bags with Bell Services while we walked over to Epcot for lunch.

The walk to Epcot is such a convenience! And the first surprise: We had barely entered the park when my phone buzzed and we learned our room was ready. That was quick!

We enjoyed the park for a few hours, and went to our room. The text we received contained our room number, and our Key to the World cards immediately unlocked the room door - no extra trip to the front desk needed. The next big surprise: Our standard view room had been upgraded to a water view! Our balcony overlooked the boardwalk and water.

The room had the standard Disney setup: Two queen beds, closet, dresser, and dual sinks that were separate from the tub/toilet. The decor was very crisp and white, with subtle nautical elements. I adored it! I can see how it might not be kid-friendly, but for two adults it felt very chic.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful, from the Concierge, who helped us locate umbrellas when the store had closed, to Bell Services, who brought our luggage to our room within 10 minutes of us calling for it.

The pool area was very lively and popular - we opted to recline with cocktails on the beach. I wish more resorts had actual sandy beaches. This beach was small, but quiet and just right. Plus, at night you can see some of the Illumninations fireworks from it.

The only downside we experienced was in our trips to from and to the airport. We were the last Magic Express stop coming from the airport, which made the bus ride approximately one hour with all the stopping and unloading for other resorts. We were the first stop to MCO, and while we arrived with plenty of time to catch the plane, it was still a bit tedious to stop at three other hotels first.

Other Disney transportation was excellent, however. The boat to Hollywood Studios is gentle and scenic, and the bus to Magic Kingdom moved quickly.

We will absolutely stay at the Yacht Club again. For adults, this is a wonderful resort with lovely rooms and a sophisticated yet still Disney feel.

Pros:

Location, lovely rooms

Cons:

small beach area, long Magic Express ride

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 06/04/2013

Stayed 2 nights June 1-3. Small issue at check-in. Clerk appeared to not be able to find my reservation, but it was quickly resolved. We were in the 5th floor Regatta Club. I was not told at check-in that I would need to swipe my room key in elevator to reach 5th floor. I looked like an idiot for a few seconds before I figured out why the elevator would not go to 5th floor. That is it for the cons.

Our room was ready when we checked-in around 12:45 pm. This resort is located at the perfect spot in my opinion. 5-7 min walk to Epcot and 15-20 min walk to HS. The interior of the resort looks new and fresh. The Beach Club shares space, but the Yacht Club is a definite level above Beach Club. The rooms are very clean and we had no problems with room. The pool is the best in Disney. Entry is strictly controlled and the cast members are super-friendly. The pool area is actually 3 different pools, but it is blended to make it look like one big pool. Having a refill drink mug station at pool is a step above what the Boardwalk offers. I have stayed at Boardwalk twice and was a big fan. Yacht and Beach Club blow the Boardwalk away in my opinion. If all cost the same I would pick Yacht Club first every time.

Pros:

location

Cons:

not many

Reviewed by dbfromcincy Review Date: 05/01/2013

Did not live up to my expectations.

Upon arrival first room (2087) had an odd smell to it. My wife refused to go into the room. On way back to lobby to switch rooms, meet a mousekeeping staff. She came into room and confirmed the smell was not any of the chemicals/disinfectants they used.

Check in staff was quite cranky about changing us to another room and made comments about none being available. Did end up making the change without having to escalate.

Room noise was tolerable but noticable, except quite loud on balcony. As rooms share common balcony divided by a partion, the noise travels very easily and we were next to a young child who loved to talk to herself.

Quick service options limited requiring a hike to get Beach Club.

For the $'s I would choose the Magic Kingdom hotels (GF or Poly).

Pros:

Location

Cons:

quick service limitations

Reviewed by HannahLvsMinnie Review Date: 04/09/2013

My daughter and i just returned from a fantastic stay at the Yacht Club. The staff was amazing, especially Betty in the Regatta Club and Chef Matthew at the Captains Grill. We had a standard view room which meant it looked at nothing but it was quiet and the beds are comfortable. We will definitely return to this property.

Pros:

Quiet even during busy times

Cons:

wish we could stay longer

Reviewed by daphnee08 Review Date: 03/31/2013

Stayed here 3/9-3/14 for the third time. Since it was a last minute booking, we had to go with a pool / lagoon view. BUT, was it worth it!!!!!! We had a 2nd floor room, nearest the lagoon. It was a bit of a walk from the lobby, but there was a staircase outside that shortened the walk greatly. The view from the balcony was AWESOME!!! We could see 90% of the Boardwalk, and the Eiffel Tower in EPCOT. The service was perfect as always. It's not as kid friendly, but that's fine by us. The pool is still the best. The short walk to EPCOT and the boat to Hollywood Studios makes the location great. The only downside is we don't want to stay anywhere else..

Pros:

Location, service, location

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by JoanneS Review Date: 02/06/2013

We stayed at the Yacht Club from 1/29 to 2/2. We had a standard room but it had a great balcony and we enjoyed our mornings relaxing as we watched the world wake up. Mousekeeping was fantastic, and we always returned to a clean room with lots of towels and toiletries. Because we were celebrating our anniversary, we received some candy and a card from the staff, and a beautiful towel design from housekeeping. The staff was always friendly and helpful, ready to welcome us home whenever we returned from touring. The only negative was the size of the bathroom. The door hit the toilet seat so entering and exiting was a bit of an adventure. Otherwise, I would definitely return here if I could. Nice relaxing atmosphere and superb service.

Pros:

Close to Epcot and Boardwalk

Cons:

Small Bathroom