Recipes Curry Corn Soup Coral Reef Restaurant The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Epcot
4 cups, grilled and shaved corn
1 cup onions, chopped
1 cup leeks, chopped
1 each poblano, seeded and chopped
1 can coconut milk
2 tablespoon of mild curry paste
½ cups dry sherry wine
4 cups corn stock, hot
Method of Preparation:
1. In large, non-reactive pot, sweat down onions, leeks, and poblanos and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add in corn and sweat.
3. Deglaze with sherry.
4. Add in curry paste and coconut milk and mix well.
5. Bring up to temperature and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add in corn stock to loosen up the mixture (about a gallon).
7. Chop up the mixture first with a big hand mixer then blend in the blender until smooth.
8. Strain through a china cap and adjust seasoning and thickness with corn stock.