Recipe Gruyere Cassolette Cinderella’s Royal Table Magic Kingdom
YIELD: 2 pounds — for smaller batches, adjust accordingly
(Note: This is served with Pork Tenderloin at the restaurant.)
1 lb. orecchiette (ear-shaped) pasta (cooked)
6 oz. shredded Gruyere cheese
¼ cup sundried tomato (julienne)
6 oz. smoked bacon, chopped
1 TB garlic
1 TB shallots
Kosher salt and black pepper 1:1 ratio 1 TB
6 TB butter
6 TB flour
1 pint milk
1 pint heavy cream
1 whole egg
Do not mix:
1 cup Japanese bread crumbs (for bottom and top)
1. Make roux using by melting the butter and adding the flour to form a paste.
2. Add Milk and make a thick Béchamel.
3. Add Gruyere Cheese and combine and season with salt and pepper.
4. In a sauté pan cook bacon, garlic and shallots and combine with the Béchamel.
5. In a mixing bowl combine heavy cream and eggs and OFF OF THE FLAME add to Béchamel.
6. Mix in the Pasta and Sundried Tomatoes and chill.
7. Spray the molds; put breadcrumbs on the bottom. Put mixture and breadcrumbs on the top.
8. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Run a knife around the mold, let stand for 10 minutes and serve.