Recipes Filet Mignon Le Cellier Canada – Epcot
Ingredients for Filet Mignon:
7 ounces beef tenderloin
2 ounces maple bbq glaze
¼ ounces Arugula
¼ ounces extra-virgin olive oil
To taste salt
To taste pepper
Ingredients for BBQ Sauce:
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup yellow onion, medium dice
1/3 cup sliced shallots
1 tablespoon mince garlic
¾ cup cider vinegar
2 cups maple syrup
1 ½ quarts Bull's Eye BBQ Sauce
2 ounces butter
1 sprig of rosemary
1 sprig of thyme
Method of Preparation:
In a medium sauce pan, placed over medium high heat, add the canola oil.
- Sauté the onion, shallots and garlic until it starts to brown and get caramelized. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the maple syrup, BBQ sauce and whole butter.
- Wrap the rosemary and thyme in cheesecloth and place in the pan.
- Mix very well and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and pull out the sachet. Squeeze the herbs with tongs to extract the flavor.
- Mix the sauce until it is as smooth as possible.
- Adjust the seasoning and cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Dip the beef tenderloin in the olive oil.
- Grill the beef tenderloin to your liking.
- Place 2 ounces of BBQ sauce on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.