Recipes Au Gratin Macaroni Be Our Guest
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
1 lb. Whole Grain Pasta
8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Batch of Bechamel Sauce (recipe below)
2 oz. Egg Yolks
2 Cups Heavy Cream
2 oz Kasseri Cheese
4 oz Gruyere Cheese
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat heavy cream to a boil and shut off.
- Make a slurry out of cornstarch by adding enough water to dissolve. Whisk mixture into cream.
- Add both cheeses and whisk until all is melted an incorporated. Add salt and pepper. Set mixture aside to cool.
- Cook Pasta too box directions. Strain and cool.
- In a mixing bowl add all but 1/2 cup of Bechamel sauce and pasta together. Add egg yolks last and mix to incorporate. Remaining 1/2 cup will be for later.
- Using individual non-stick molds, spray with a thin coat of non-stick spray. Add 1/2 cup of mixture into each and press down lightly. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees with in 15 min.
Remove from the oven and let cool for approx 10 min before flipping out of the molds. Use the remaining 1/2 cup to drizzle extra sauce under pasta on your plate.